+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

NRocks

Jan 27, 2019
If you change any field, you need to re-validate it. It will generate different barcode and you have to get it signed by them again.

I have got principle applicants documents validate & signed (parents) from India and received via courier in Canada. All documents signed have unique# at right bottom corner.

Can i change any change any fields/values now as re- validation will generate a new unique# ?????

AVR2019

May 13, 2019
1.if we are filling forms for our parents do we need to fill use of representative form
2. my parents visited me twice from united states where they permanent resident status, they don't have any visitor visa for Canada they travel on their USA permanent resident cards, while entering their entries do I select their status as visitor or choose option other
Yes, your parents will appoint you as their representative. I've filled Use of a Representative.
----
Question:
My parents are permanent resident of USA, they live in the US for 6-7 months a year and spend 5-6 months in India traveling.

In form IMM 5669-Schedule A - Background/Declaration under question 6 Personal History - do I have to include the time they spend outside USA traveling to India?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

NRocks

Jan 27, 2019
In Form IMM0008 (Generic application form for Canada), Q # 3. How many family members including you are in this application?
If I sponsor my father and mother, will I put 2 here? Do I need to include myself and wife, then it would be 4?

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
I asked the similar question tweeter team and Facebook. They advised that separated is not divorced and you should include. In your case also important when you have divorce certificate, as only from that year you shouldn't include your ex. I called ircc too 4 times, 2 times I got the same that separation is yet legal marriage and spouses should be included for income proposes and 2 times I got the reply that legally separated is equal to divorce and shouldn't be included. So, I am confused too.
I hear you...however.....I am legally divorced since 2016 and myself is single and not an issue. I am talking about my father who is going through the dilemma….does an affidavit of separation will suffice along with the divorce application filed receipt ? I just don't want to include her for examination since my dad is legally separated and divorce application filed recently. Someone must know something about his situation? Please and thanks if anyone can give some advice.

raisedonthestreets

Apr 26, 2019
In Form IMM0008 (Generic application form for Canada), Q # 3. How many family members including you are in this application?
If I sponsor my father and mother, will I put 2 here? Do I need to include myself and wife, then it would be 4?
This is form filled by principal applicant. so only principal applicant and accompanying dependents

probability007

Feb 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-24-2015
AOR Received.
05-26-2015
File Transfer...
06-26-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Remedical 28th March 2016
Interview........
Not Required
For Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificates will affidavits work for Parents?
Has anyone got them created from Punjab, India?

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Thanks. Have another question:

For the Gross Income in the Financial Evaluation form, do you report your annual salary or salary to-date for the current year i.e. 2019? So say if your annual salary is 100K, do you report 100K or only the salary earned to-date from Jan 1, 2019? Thanks
Only the YTD from your latest paystub, Jan-May 2019..

intel2

Apr 22, 2013
Hi folks,

how are you folks getting the passport photos from the principals where they are not living in Canada? Can they mail a digital copy that can be printed here in canada? thanks for any clues you can provide.

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I hear you...however.....I am legally divorced since 2016 and myself is single and not an issue. I am talking about my father who is going through the dilemma….does an affidavit of separation will suffice along with the divorce application filed receipt ? I just don't want to include her for examination since my dad is legally separated and divorce application filed recently. Someone must know something about his situation? Please and thanks if anyone can give some advice.
I'm in the same situation, and I have submitted the application package. In my case I'm sponsoring my mom, she's separated from my dad for 15 years. I included an explanation letter saying that my mom's marital status is legally separated because we followed ircc guide definition that legally separated is a person that is married but is no longer living with the spouse. And that it should be enough reason to not consider my dad as a dependant. This was also what the cic agent advised me. With it also included is the affidavit of separation from my dad and mom as well. Both notarized. My mom's statement says that she promise she will not sponsor my dad at anytime in the future. And my dad's statement says that he has his own family now and he does not wish to undergo the medical examination..

It's good to include proof that divorce have already been filed. It will make your case strong. For my parents they cannot file it because there's no divorce in the country where they got married, annulment costs so much money and they cannot afford it so it's not an option.

Last edited: