+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

AVR2019

May 13, 2019
In section 6 of schedule A background/Declaraion (IMM 5669). do we need to write all activity.
for example my mom dad have history of travel more than 25 times in last 10 years as a vacation. do i need to mention all these?

mkc2211

May 2, 2019
I am working as an incorporated contractor, so what should I select as an answer to the Current situation for Q-13 in form 5768

1) Employed
2) Self-employed

Reason to ask this question is that the Salary being paid to personal account from incorporated account. For that salary, I filed my personal taxes and my Company name is shown as the employer on my NOA. So it's like employed /working for my Incorporated Company.

Thanks,
MK

NRocks

Jan 27, 2019
What number should I put as Family Size in Financial Evaluation Form (Form 5768) asking about 3 consecutive years employment history. Should I include my parents in family size? Can you please provide some guideline for calculating the gross income/ benefits?
Q 14. Provide your employment history as well as periods of unemployment for the last 3 consecutive taxation years.

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Asking for the third time. Third time’s a charm :)

How do I check ecas? My mom does not have UCI.
You guys, do you check as the sponsor or sponsored?
My application was received on May 15th. Is it too early to check?

Thx!

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Correction here: So I talked to a friend who sent in application on 28 April and he still has not received the eCAS status as "Application Received", he was able to reached the customer service agent last week and was advised that there is nothing to worry about as they are still queuing people for initial processing and status shown as Received in eCAS does not mean that it has been checked for completeness yet. There is nothing to worry about if your eCAS still not showing anything as the agent was able to tell my friend they received the application and that it is simply not been read yet as they received too many at the same time. Rest assure that they timestamp all incoming packages and will process in that order. Sorry for causing false alarm. Happy Victoria day!
My application was received on 30th April and no eCAS till date. So I called the IRCC on Friday and spoke to agent. After some initial queries, the agent located my application in the system. Even told me the date received and was able to confirm address/ email / phone etc. information on my application. The agent said your application status is received and it is allocated a temporary file number. She mentioned that I will be able to check eCAS status after AOR is received which should be "soon"... after application is verified for completeness. I asked her if there is any issue with my application or if there is any comment on my file, the she said no there is nothing. Then I asked why some of my friends are able to see eCAS without AOR .. she said she can't comment on that but told me that I will be able to see the status after AOR is received. I am satisfied after speaking to agent and I believe there is some glitch in their system that is disallowing eCAS status to be seen. Considering that large number of people can't see the status, it is clear that it is not a issue with application package. I have stopped worrying now and hope people who are in similar situation stop worrying too.

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hi All, in the ecas, Permanent Residence Application Status only has my mom's information and does not include my dad's information . Is this normal? My mom is the principal applicant and my dad is the dependent. Anyone else has similar case?

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
My parents visited me for few months in the last two years on supervisa. In the Background Declaration Schedule A form, do I need to list my address as well (Question 10 - Address details) for the time they stayed with me?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
My application was received on 30th April and no eCAS till date. So I called the IRCC on Friday and spoke to agent. After some initial queries, the agent located my application in the system. Even told me the date received and was able to confirm address/ email / phone etc. information on my application. The agent said your application status is received and it is allocated a temporary file number. She mentioned that I will be able to check eCAS status after AOR is received which should be "soon"... after application is verified for completeness. I asked her if there is any issue with my application or if there is any comment on my file, the she said no there is nothing. Then I asked why some of my friends are able to see eCAS without AOR .. she said she can't comment on that but told me that I will be able to see the status after AOR is received. I am satisfied after speaking to agent and I believe there is some glitch in their system that is disallowing eCAS status to be seen. Considering that large number of people can't see the status, it is clear that it is not a issue with application package. I have stopped worrying now and hope people who are in similar situation stop worrying too.
This is very common and happens to me when I applied for PR too, despite nothing shown up in eCAS, there are processing behind the scene, some technical issue from eCAS may cause this discrepancy in timing of status updated

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Hi everyone, to look for the UCI.. my parents have visitor visa on the passport but I don't see any UCI number. could you please advise?

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
1.if we are filling forms for our parents do we need to fill use of representative form
2. my parents visited me twice from united states where they permanent resident status, they don't have any visitor visa for Canada they travel on their USA permanent resident cards, while entering their entries do I select their status as visitor or choose option other
1. You don't have to. But if you want to be the point of contact with CIC wrt their application, you should fill rep form
2. Yes, they were visitors

panther360

Jun 19, 2016
Frustratingly the form still does not validate for me :(

Similarly form 5669 ( Background declaration ) will not validate as I am unable to put precise date of death of my parents mom and dad ( they just do NOT recall the dates just month and year )

The only I can do is leave the form unvalidated and add a letter of explanation..... yes ?
Just enter the 01 as day and correct month and year. Submit validated forms. Its a requirement. Then write a short explanation letter.

Reactions: simatar

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Posting again- Please advise.

My parents are permanent resident of USA, they live in the US for 6-7 months a year and spend 5-6 months in India traveling.

In form IMM 5669-Schedule A - Background/Declaration under question 6 Personal History - do I have to include the time they spend outside USA traveling to India?
Since they spend extended period of time in each country, I think you should mention each address. Now, since they only visit India while maintaining permanent base in US, I believe their addresses should be listed accordingly.