+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Hi folks,

how are you folks getting the passport photos from the principals where they are not living in Canada? Can they mail a digital copy that can be printed here in canada? thanks for any clues you can provide.
Just scan the passport and email it then print it out here

Japy77

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
hello friends
Do you know any cheap immigration person who could help me with the application. I am Surrey BC, home staying mom can't afford $2000-$2500.
Please and thanks

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
hello friends
Do you know any cheap immigration person who could help me with the application. I am Surrey BC, home staying mom can't afford $2000-$2500.
Please and thanks
You don’t need to hire anybody. If you read guide carefully and pay attention to every detail there, you can do it on your own without a lawyer. It’s not that hard it’s pretty easy

AbdulKhan

May 12, 2019
Hello Experts,

I have question about bio-metric
My parents applied 2.5 years back for super visa and did their biomeric. Now there is a ask for bimetric when I submitting my parents sponsorship application. I checked CIC web site with their UCI number and it says that their biometric is valid for 10 years.
Do I still need to pay or select the biometric check box in application?

Thanks for your help.

AVR2019

May 13, 2019
Posting again - please advice..

My parents are permanent resident of USA, they live in the US for 6-7 months a year and spend 5-6 months in India traveling.

In form IMM 5669-Schedule A - Background/Declaration under question 6 Personal History - do I have to include the time they spend outside USA traveling to India?

AbdulKhan

May 12, 2019
Hello Experts,

I am filling dependent section in parents sponsorship application. This is my understanding, please let me know if I am missing anything

1- I have to put all kids my parents have even though they are not dependent any more, married and old enough to take care of themselves?
2- Do I need to show my in the list of dependents, even though I am living in Canada and not really dependent on my parents?

Thanks,

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
I'm in the same situation, and I have submitted the application package. In my case I'm sponsoring my mom, she's separated from my dad for 15 years. I included an explanation letter saying that my mom's marital status is legally separated because we followed ircc guide definition that legally separated is a person that is married but is no longer living with the spouse. And that it should be enough reason to not consider my dad as a dependant. This was also what the cic agent advised me. With it I also included affidavit of separation from my dad and mom as well. Both notarized. My mom's statement says that she promise she will not sponsor my dad at anytime in the future. And my dad's statement says that he has his own family now and he does not wish to undergo the medical examination..

It's good to include proof that divorce have already been filed. It will make your case strong. For my parents they cannot file it because there's no divorce in the country where they got married, annulment costs so much money and they cannot afford it so it's not an option.
thank you for this @desmonddoss …..I have also messaged you.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hello Experts,

I am filling dependent section in parents sponsorship application. This is my understanding, please let me know if I am missing anything

1- I have to put all kids my parents have even though they are not dependent any more, married and old enough to take care of themselves?
2- Do I need to show my in the list of dependents, even though I am living in Canada and not really dependent on my parents?

Thanks,
which form are u talking about?
if it is imm0008 and ur siblings are over 22 then no need to add them.
if u are talking about the imm5406 then yes, they should all be listed. use an extra sheet if u need more space.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
hello friends
Please and thanks
my 2 cents? Careful... you get what you pay for.
this is such an opportunity that if u can't afford someone decent, you should put in the time and do it urself. finding "anyone cheap" might cause u more headache than sitting down, reading the guide and filling everything out urself. there are some good ppl here helping each other but at a minimum u should read the guide and try ur best to understand what is asked and then come here with questions, if any.
but it's only my 2 cents ;)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html