+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Andrea_imm

Feb 21, 2019
I have both now. I can see from post Canada as delivered. I can also find my mother's application on Ecas, and it says the application was received on May 13.

cooold

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Dear @YULIA-2016 and other administrators for the spreadsheet, please create a new entry for my in-laws.
Username: Cooold
Sponsored people: Parents
Parents from: INDIA
Province: ON
Invitation Received: April 24
Application Received: May 16
SIN information Provided

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Andrea_imm

Feb 21, 2019
From last years experience, most of the applicants were able to link the application to My CIC only after receiving the AOR with application number.
Thanks. I tried, and seem not working. I don't know if it's because I typed wrong info. Will try it when I got the email of AOR.

alpachinko

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
When do we have to make sure something is a certified copy ? Is it my mom's passport, marriage certificate, National Id(They are all in english though)
According to the instructions it says

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
    • the name of the original document,
    • the date of the certification,
    • their name,
    • their official position or title, and
    • their signature.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
When do we have to make sure something is a certified copy ? Is it my mom's passport, marriage certificate, National Id(They are all in english though)
According to the instructions it says

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
    • the name of the original document,
    • the date of the certification,
    • their name,
    • their official position or title, and
    • their signature.
That applies only to the documents which are not in English language!

Last edited:

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Hi I sent on May 10th, and the system said that it is out of delivery on May 13. I just received the delivered notice this morning.
That's very quick. Good luck!

My application was received on Apr 30 but haven't received any thing yet neither ECAS update.

Can I ask which province are you from? If Ontario, are you from GTA area?

thanks...

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hi, My file reached there on Apr 30 and still waiting for any update on ECAS or mail but nothing yet. I was worried if they have received my package or not as some people send in May and have already able to check the status on the ECAS.

Here is your answer.

So I called the IRCC customer service (1-888-242-2100) and they were able to confirm that they have received my package and it is not yet assigned any file number. Call center agent told me that this state of the file they call "prospective file". Not sure what that means but at least they were able to identify me and my package.

you can try the same option to find out if they have received the package.

Good luck!
Mine was received on April 26, literally the first day files could be received and I cannot see it on ECAS, this only shows the randomness of this whole process

Abonde

Jan 10, 2018
Hello All,

I thank you all you have responded in the past, I appreciate.

I have a few questions please:

I answered "Yes" on question 8 on IMM 5768 and I answered "No" on question 16 on the IMM 5768. Question 16 does not apply to me as I do not have a Co-signer. What do I do, do you I provide a NOA?

Additional Family for does not have enough space for my mother's siblings. Is it okay to fill a second page for it or just type out all the information on Microsoft word?

My Mother visited Canada in 2014 and 2016 for a visit and the maximum time she has spent here is 4 months. Does question 12 on the Generic application apply to her? If it does, where do I provide these information?

My sisters are 30 and 35 and they are both married and they don't plan on accompanying my mother. Which form do I include their information if they are not dependants?

When we submitted our interest to sponsor form, were we only told to submit our PR or citizenship information? I can only remember uploading my Canadian passport.

Thank you for your time, I appreciate your response.

mandeep2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
When you guys are checking the status for the submitted application are u checking with the sponsors UCI number or principal applicants UCI number?