+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
I have got a situation. I just received a package from my parents living abroad and I sent them all the forms that required their signatures. The forms are signed correctly but I think the bar code pages for 0008 & 1344 are a little light colored, how can I make sure the print quality for bar codes are acceptable? Maybe i am overthinking, but the quality of print we have here is much better than my parents have back home (even quality of page is better here).

Please help me understand how can we make sure the bar codes are readable? Maybe i can replace the bar code pages by myself ?

Last edited:

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Members,
In Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form signature part, do my parents need to write their full name or their signature is enough??

the instruction guide says
If you are filling it out on the computer: print out the form and sign it with a handwritten signature, in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
but Documnet check list says
d)sign your name in writing with a hand writing signature

can you guys help me on this??
do both as it does not hurt.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls can anyone help me with this enquire. I hv a dependent under 22 years old and is now 20 years old. He has been a international student in Canada since he was 18 years old. Pls advise if he is required to get a police report clearance in canada as part of the requirement in Canada?
why would he be your dependent? He is over 19 years old. Even if he lives with you, he might not be your dependent.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there

Many people are saying that all the forms must be signed by black ink, my question is where did you get this info?

I see a note on additional family information form - “ type or print in black” but it related to the info that should be printed in black which is done in black anyway by your printer when you fill out the form.

Nothing says about signatures
PRINT IN BLACK...means writing in Black with all capitalized letters, it does not print as in printing from a printer.

For example" PRINT IN BLACK

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do we manage the file transfers for the signed files and the pictures between the countries? Did you guys use UPS, FEDEX, DHL? Any success or,horror stories with any of those postal services?
ups, puro or fedex..all cases i heard were successful.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Hi @newandold, can you share wit us when your package was received in Ottawa ? And how long between they receiving your package and you been able to see your ECA status changed?
My package was received on April 30, and I was able to see the status from May 2nd. Did not check before May 2nd, so I don't know whether I was able to check on May 1st or no

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Hey @newandold , apparently you are one of the few who already managed to get a status update from ECAS.

Would you mind sharing with us some details?

When they received your application? When did you get to see your ECAS status?

Did you use your (sponsor) UCI and name to have access to ?

You sharing these details is very valuable to the forum, thank you for your help :)
I am able to see the status as by my UCI, and my parent UCI too

Invitation received April 25,
Application received April 30
Provided SIN and NOAs
Sponsor and applicant status on ECAS - received from May 2
@YULIA-2016 please can you add my info to sheet :)

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
I am able to see the status as by my UCI, and my parent UCI too

Invitation received April 25,
Application received April 30
Provided SIN and NOAs
Sponsor and applicant status on ECAS - received from May 2
@YULIA-2016 please can you add my info to sheet :)
Thank you very much Sir,

Your help is much appreciated !

blinggg

Mar 16, 2013
Can someone please help me on form IMM5768 - Financial evaluation? It asks for Gross income. In 2016, I changed 2 jobs.
For eg., I can write like this
2016-01-01 to 2016-07-31 Employer A
2016-08-01 to 2016-12-31 Employer B
Gross income is reflected on line 150 NOA. But if I want to write about income of employer A or B, I would pick line 101 (called employment income) or box 14 (same thing) on T4. My issue is if I add both T4's line 101, it does not add up to line 150 on NOA as there is some income generated from investments too.
Shall I just write line 150 on NOA and put a big bracket around year 2016 or write line 101 of T4 individually?? the only issue is line 150 gross income is higher than both T4 line 101. I would be giving permission to access all info through SIN #.
I am sure there must be few people who would have changed jobs, can anyone please help? Thanks