+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For translations, do they need to be translated by Canadian or I can get it done by our country government service?

st.alix

Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I need help for FORM IMM 5768 question 14.. I have worked for 5 years in my current employer. What date do I need to put under FROM? Do I need to put my hired date or January 01, 2016?

Also under Gross income, do I need to add up my gross income for the 3 years or the 5 years?

Family size, do I include my parents or just my current family size?

dash_dot

Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am confused about biometrics, and can't seem to find this question answered previously. I'm sponsoring my mom who lives in Ukraine, and it looks like she will have to submit biometrics regardless of whether or not she gave them in the past.

My question is: do we pay the biometrics fee at the time of submitting our sponsorship application, and then get a letter with instructions on how she can submit them? Or do biometrics have to be done before we submit our application? Everything I've read seems to be suggesting the former, but I want to make sure, just in case.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Hi Guys. Need a little help. My wife would not be the co-signer. I meet the income requirements. Does she still needs to fill section 15 onwards in imm5768e form.

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am confused about biometrics, and can't seem to find this question answered previously. I'm sponsoring my mom who lives in Ukraine, and it looks like she will have to submit biometrics regardless of whether or not she gave them in the past.

My question is: do we pay the biometrics fee at the time of submitting our sponsorship application, and then get a letter with instructions on how she can submit them? Or do biometrics have to be done before we submit our application? Everything I've read seems to be suggesting the former, but I want to make sure, just in case.
Pay the biometrics fee at the same time as your application fees.
Wait until you receive the letter, once they've started processing your application. Do not get biometrics done before you get the letter.

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Form asks for income during preceding 12 months. Is there a minimum income requirement for preceding 12 months? I know there is minimum cut off for last 3 tax years.

YourMama

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
For the birth certificates that are not in English, if you have an attested copy that was translated in India from 2016 can that still be used or does it have to be more recent one done here in Canada?
I don't think anyone will know the answer until translation is accepted or returned after processing starts. I had mine done in Canada in 2017 and that's what I sent with my application.

cindyxinxin

Sep 3, 2013
And that exactly is my concern. Paying fees is not an issue as they will ask bio metric sooner or later anyways !
I have exactly the same question, but have not got a definite answer yet.
The only way I can think of is the put "current residential address" as a Canadian address. Otherwise, I do not see how CIC will know whether parents are in Canada or now. But again, I am not sure.