+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

himforce

Jan 10, 2014

Hi,
I received invitation to apply for parent sponsorship.
I was born in india,but my birth certificate is missing, Whats the alternative document to show the relationship with my parent.
Can i attach some kind of affidavit?
Please help
Thanks,
sanjay

new101user

Apr 25, 2019
Hi All, I really need your advice on this question. I submitted my ROI for parent sponsorship with my PR status. However, I will become a citizen just before I submit my application. In the form IMM1344, do I enter citizen as status and then submit a letter explaining why I did not submit as PR based on ROI?
Thanks in advance for your replies

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
Most of the parents and grandparents are not techy enough to know PDF stuff. I suggest get somebody to print it (somebody younger) to make sure the forms you sent via email is 'VALIDATED' and printed WITH BARCODES and just have the parent/grandparent SIGN IT.

You don't want them scrambling to find that Blue Validate button and printing them without their glasses on. :eek::confused:
Yes I will have a technical person printing it for them. Thanks

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019

Hi,
I received invitation to apply for parent sponsorship.
I was born in india,but my birth certificate is missing, Whats the alternative document to show the relationship with my parent.
Can i attach some kind of affidavit?
Please help
Thanks,
sanjay
Hello, In the document checklist it says birth certificate but you can submit affidavit with explanation letter plus any other document that has name of your parents such as Post secondary transcripts, Copy of OCI card if you have one, copy of Indian passport if still Indian citizen.......

mandeep2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
For the birth certificates that are not in English, if you have an attested copy that was translated in India from 2016 can that still be used or does it have to be more recent one done here in Canada?

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
BTW for Indians National Identity document is Adhaar Card, it fulfills all defs, asked a Govt employee in India

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You do have to maintain LICO requirements through the application period depending on how long it takes though.

I am not sure how IRCC deals with applications where people cannot maintain the LICO requirements though

Anyone out there can comment? @canuck78 ? @canuck_in_uk ?
They refuse them.

You are correct that income requirements need to be maintained throughout. But at this stage, there is no way CIC can say that you do not meet the income requirements for 2019, no matter how much (or how less) you have made so far. There are still 8 months left in 2019.
No one is talking about this stage. It is about the entire processing time. IRCC can decide to review income near the end of the process to verify a person has continued to meet LICO. If this person will not meet LICO this year, there is good chance of refusal.

canadagoose1

Jan 29, 2018
Hi everyone,
Are they going to start processing right away once they receive an application?
Or are they going to wait until June 28 the deadline, then start processing all applications?

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
Hi All, I really need your advice on this question. I submitted my ROI for parent sponsorship with my PR status. However, I will become a citizen just before I submit my application. In the form IMM1344, do I enter citizen as status and then submit a letter explaining why I did not submit as PR based on ROI?
Thanks in advance for your replies
I think you should mention the current status at the date you sign the application.
You can update your status to IRCC when you become citizen

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
They refuse them.

No one is talking about this stage. It is about the entire processing time. IRCC can decide to review income near the end of the process to verify a person has continued to meet LICO. If this person will not meet LICO this year, there is good chance of refusal.
are application fees returned?