+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
like i said earlier, i am co-signing my wife's app for her parents while she is co-signing my app for my parents.

in financial evaluation form imm5768e, points 3/4/5 are trickiest according to me.
the question i am asking is - what is an undertaking? and what is an undertaking still in effect?
I am copying and pasting the guideline here:

--------------------------
The undertaking is a promise to provide financial support and basic requirements for the family members you are sponsoring.

Basic requirements are:

• food
  • clothing
  • utilities
  • personal requirements
  • shelter
  • fuel
  • household supplies
This also includes other health care not provided by public health, such as eye and dental care.

The undertaking ensures that these persons and their family members do not have to apply for social assistance. The length of undertaking for sponsorship of parents, grandparents and their accompanying dependents is 20 years.
--------------------------

In layman's term, did you sponsor your spouse or any dependent children? If yes, then that is undertaking in effect (3years for spouse, 3years for dependent children etc.). The IMM 5768e is meant to be used to assess your eligibility as a sponsor and I think you are confusing this with items B iv and 4 iv and I see where you're coming from. If you put values in B iv and 4 iv, Item 7 will auto calculate and add those values resulting in more number of persons than the actual total number of persons you are calculating.

To make it short, the No. 7 should only be total of 4 (and i'm assumming you don't have children and that you will only sponsor your mom and dad).

I hope I'm making sense here.

Reactions: kunalap

zfe4912

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for IMM5768e, if I say yes for sin number, and my husband will be co-signed, I just wonder where to fill his sin number? And if I said yes, I don't need to fill imm5748, am I right? Which way is better? Give cic permit to check by themselves or just send them my 3 year noa?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Form # 5669 sign comment "I agree that by typing my name , i am electronically signing my application" BUT
as on Checklist 5771 Sign your name in writing with a handwritten signature in the signature box.

what to do?

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
for IMM5768e, if I say yes for sin number, and my husband will be co-signed, I just wonder where to fill his sin number? And if I said yes, I don't need to fill imm5748, am I right? Which way is better? Give cic permit to check by themselves or just send them my 3 year noa?

Your SIN goes on No. 8 Sponsor. Your husband's SIN goes on No. 16 - Co-Signer. Please scroll down as there are items you need to fill out at the bottom. Yes, no need for IMM5748. The easiest way is just giving them your SIN (It's not like they don't know it anywayo_O). Just so to avoid mistakes filling out IMM5748 - just have them do the calculating job for you. :D:p

Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explanation letter will be just a regular hand written letter by me?
yes it will be simple letter signed by you explaining the situation and reason why Document is missing. It can be handwritten or in typing with your signatures and date.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need help for Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

Do i choose any notary and take an appointement with ? do you know how much do they charge to sign the form ?
If it is for your parents then they can make it as they need to sign in front of Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths. Deepening on the location and Notary. In Saskatchewan it is $20 to $30. If you will make in India it can be $5 to $10.

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Form # 5669 sign comment "I agree that by typing my name , i am electronically signing my application" BUT
as on Checklist 5771 Sign your name in writing with a handwritten signature in the signature box.

what to do?
I am pasting the guideline below:

-------------------------------------------------------

What does the principal applicant do?
At this stage, the principal applicant must:

• Sign the Application to sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
  • Complete and sign the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) and the Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) and include your accompanying and non-accompanying dependents on one form
  • Complete the Additional Dependents/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) if more than five accompanying or non-accompanying family members exist
  • Complete and sign the Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) with a handwritten signature
  • Complete the Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
  • If applicable, complete and sign the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409)
  • If applicable, complete and sign the Use of a representative (IMM 5476)

Authority to disclose personal information
Declaration of applicant

Read all of the statements in all sections carefully.
  • You can fill out the form on your computer (recommended) or fill it out by hand.
    • If you are filling it out on the computer: print out the form and sign it with a handwritten signature, in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
    • If you are filling the form out by hand: in the signature section, sign your name with a handwritten signature and complete the date legibly. If you do not sign and date the form, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
-------------------------------------------------------

In short, regardless of what it says - SIGN IT WITH HANDWRITTEN SIGNATURE.
It wouldn't hurt as well just to sign it.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I received my invitation to apply today. Now that I am preparing and filling up the forms, the issue is: While filling interest to sponsor form, by mistake I included my parents when counting the family unit. Since I am single with no dependents, my answer should be 1 but I said 3.

How can I fix this problem? What explanation I can give and what proof should I give in detail about this? I am very nervous about this mistake that I made.
Anyone please respond for this query.
Is Single Status Certificate an answer for this or any tax document to support the letter of explanation?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is PCC is require to submit with the forms??
It is not required at time of submitting application. It will be required later date after your case will get in process. then officer will do it as background check and send you request to submit police clearance.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does somebody have an idea if there is an actual format to send letter of explanation.

We submitted the PR Card copy when submitting EOI. but received citizenship in March and had to surrender PR card.
Will be submitting Canadian passport copy now. So what should be the format of letter?
You should submit Copy of your Citizenship Certificate. Write the explanation letter stating your Citizenship Oath date.