+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rosaAdl

Jan 2, 2018
Does anyone know if we need to attach a letter of employment to our application? I am about to switch jobs and wondering if I should request a letter before I resign?

krsna05

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-8-2014
Doc's Request.
12-5-2015
Med's Request
26-5-2015
Med's Done....
10-6-2015 TLU
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
Anyone filling representative form5476e. I am filing it for my parents. In question 7. Name of firm or organization/ supervising lawyer ID ... what is to be done

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hello
I just got invitation to apply for apply for parent PR application for my mom. I dont have father. I will submit PR application in 1 month.
My mom have visitor visa she came 2 times in Canada in last 3 years. Now I want her to stay with us for longer time. As I said I will submit her pr application in 1 month.but this time I want her to have super visa so she can stay for longer period. Should I apply for super Visa 1st then submit pr application or PR application 1st then super Visa application. She has to ticket to come to Canada in August 2019.
You can do both parallel. They are not linked in any way

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know if we need to attach a letter of employment to our application? I am about to switch jobs and wondering if I should request a letter before I resign?
You do not need to provide letter of employment with application. You have to provide income proof for last 3 years which is Notice of assessment.

Last edited:
Reactions: rosaAdl

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
I am pasting the guideline below:

-------------------------------------------------------

What does the principal applicant do?
At this stage, the principal applicant must:

• Sign the Application to sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
  • Complete and sign the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) and the Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) and include your accompanying and non-accompanying dependents on one form
  • Complete the Additional Dependents/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) if more than five accompanying or non-accompanying family members exist
  • Complete and sign the Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) with a handwritten signature
  • Complete the Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
  • If applicable, complete and sign the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409)
  • If applicable, complete and sign the Use of a representative (IMM 5476)

Authority to disclose personal information
Declaration of applicant

Read all of the statements in all sections carefully.
  • You can fill out the form on your computer (recommended) or fill it out by hand.
    • If you are filling it out on the computer: print out the form and sign it with a handwritten signature, in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
    • If you are filling the form out by hand: in the signature section, sign your name with a handwritten signature and complete the date legibly. If you do not sign and date the form, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
-------------------------------------------------------

In short, regardless of what it says - SIGN IT WITH HANDWRITTEN SIGNATURE.
It wouldn't hurt as well just to sign it.
Do you think sending two copies of this form (IMM 5669) 1)Handwritten signature 2)Digitally signed, is going to be a issue?

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
What proof we can show to reflect correct family size ?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Form # 5669 sign comment "I agree that by typing my name , i am electronically signing my application" BUT
as on Checklist 5771 Sign your name in writing with a handwritten signature in the signature box.

what to do?
Sign by hand

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think sending two copies of this form (IMM 5669) 1)Handwritten signature 2)Digitally signed, is going to be a issue?
absolutely, your application might be returned or delayed, why submitting 2 when you are asked for one (unless your parents are divorced)

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
Hi Everyone,

I received my invitation to apply today. Now that I am preparing and filling up the forms, the issue is: While filling interest to sponsor form, by mistake I included my parents when counting the family unit. Since I am single with no dependents, my answer should be 1 but I said 3.

How can I fix this problem? What explanation I can give and what proof should I give in detail about this? I am very nervous about this mistake that I made.
I don't even think this is a "mistake". In the run up to the EOI form, IRCC was giving contradictory answers on Twitter and on their website, and call center agents too were giving different answers. Just write a letter explaining.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In regards to error made in family (unit) size while submitting EOI.
You have to declare family size correct in the application. If you meet income requirement then you should submit application. If you have done mistake in EOI then explain with application.

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
Does somebody have an idea if there is an actual format to send letter of explanation.

We submitted the PR Card copy when submitting EOI. but received citizenship in March and had to surrender PR card.
Will be submitting Canadian passport copy now. So what should be the format of letter?
Same here got my citizenship i march