+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Both IMM0008 and IMM1344 will generate barcodes, and on the guidelines both of them saying: Place the barcode page on top of your application (forms and supporting documents) when you submit it. On the check list, it states 1344 will be place on the top of 0008 according to the order, however, do I place both of their barcode pages first above all under the checklist or do I place 1344 barcodes ---> 1344 forms ---> other forms in between---->0008barcodes-----> 0008 forms?
That was my concern, thanks.
I don't have a clear answer cos I did it wrong.

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
Or may be I was lucky and got a nice case officer whom wasn't picky on document order ... :p
How about those areas where you dont have to fill anything
like i dont have a co-signer or spouse , should i leave spouse section blank or should i write N/A in that spouse section?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
like i dont have a co-signer or spouse , should i leave spouse section blank or should i write N/A in that spouse section?
Don't know but my guess is to put N/A if the validation allows it.
I was the cosigner for my MIL so our application has "spouse" section filled (my info)

kukikitJ

Apr 26, 2019
If you fill out the applications on computer, you will notice that once you select no, the blanks will turn grey to N/A areas.

Reactions: YVR123

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
If you fill out the applications on computer, you will notice that once you select no, the blanks will turn grey to N/A areas.
Yes but in the financial evaluation form
i selected NO as a co-signer and still options are blue for the co-signer.
that's why i am thinking , what to write in the co-signer section or leave it blank

kukikitJ

Apr 26, 2019
that's why i am thinking , what to write in the co-signer section or leave it blank
One thing to remember, leave NONE blank on any forms, if it doesn't apply then write N/A or Not Applicable.

Reactions: respect2019

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
hi guys, i will have my birth certificate translated and notarized soon in Canada, my question: should i also get an affidavit? or is that only required if it's not translated / notarized in Canada?
I think i saw somewhere saying if its certified in Canada, no affidavit is needed?
Anyone can confirm for me?
can anyone please answer this for me?

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
In generic application form IMM 008, I am filling on behalf of my dad.
I know earlier I read in this form that IMM 008 needs to be only filled once as my dad is primary applicant and mom is dependent. Correct me if I am wrong.
When I am completing this form IMM008 on behalf of my dad what should I answer in Question 3? Family size .
I am guess it will be 2. I have one sibling who is 30 year old and he is already in Canada on PR. I am PR too. So I assume we both are not my parents dependents. So question 3 would be 2. Please answer.

Thank you in advance.

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Should I leave it blank or just calculate all the pay stubs and put the present date earning from Jan 1 2019?

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Both IMM0008 and IMM1344 will generate barcodes, and on the guidelines both of them saying: Place the barcode page on top of your application (forms and supporting documents) when you submit it. On the check list, it states 1344 will be place on the top of 0008 according to the order, however, do I place both of their barcode pages first above all under the checklist or do I place 1344 barcodes ---> 1344 forms ---> other forms in between---->0008barcodes-----> 0008 forms?
That was my concern, thanks.
Ahh I see what you mean.. EITHER way works, I did place mine together with the forms (not on top of all forms) and it got accepted (for PGP 2018).

Nevertheless, they will all scan the barcodes anyway so don't sweat on this. Not a big issue. :)