+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hello Fellow Immigrant Canadians!

I have a question on Minimum Necessary Income (MNI) for Parent's PR Sponsorship and hoping someone in this forum can help with it.

I have received an invitation to apply for my Parent's PR in 2019. I am able to meet the MNI for 2018 and 2017. However, for 2016 I am unable to meet the MNI for 4 people of $58,768 as I landed in Canada in April 2016 and have worked only from June to December, thereby my Income for the year is only for 6 months. I do have Income while I was working in the US from Jan to March 2016.

Question: Does CRA/IRCC recognize the US Income in 2016, while I was not a resident of Canada, which would increase my total 2016 income to meet the MNI?

Thank you!
You declared that you met income requirements when you submitted your EOI. So you should be fine.

Reactions: Netesteph

sailor73

Apr 25, 2019
On Jan 28 I received the confirmation e-mail @ 14:20. Wondering if I'm the last one accepted. :) I haven't received the invitation yet, though. Anybody received it later than 14:20? So far I haven't seen anyone :)

zfe4912

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imm5406 additonal family member, should I fill for both dad and mom separate? I am spouse them, but as their children, should I also fill anothe imm5406 for myself? Because on the top the form, it said"the principal applicent, their spouse or common law partner, and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form. "

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
imm5406 additonal family member, should I fill for both dad and mom separate? I am spouse them, but as their children, should I also fill anothe imm5406 for myself? Because on the top the form, it said"the principal applicent, their spouse or common law partner, and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form. "
5406 for each (mom n dad). no need for yourself.

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
For those who made mistake with the family size on the EOI form, what proof are you using to show that your family size is different and that you misunderstood the definition of family size. My husband, daughter, and I, plus my mom whom I am sponsoring. I think I put 5 or 6 for family size on the EOI form. May I please have some guidance on what to do here please?

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Hey there I haven't validated mine just yet but wondering if you could assist with a question I have since we are from the same country. I am sponsoring my mom and day. Do you know if I should just have one complete the generic application form and include the other as a dependant on the form or should they do 2 generic application for each being the principal applicant? Thanks so much
I am copying the guidline and pasting below:

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:

• You, the principal applicant.

To answer your question - ONE IMM 0008 only because there's only One Principal applicant - its either your mom OR your dad. The other spouse will be his/her dependent.

shailkrish

Apr 26, 2019
On Jan 28 I received the confirmation e-mail @ 14:20. Wondering if I'm the last one accepted. :) I haven't received the invitation yet, though. Anybody received it later than 14:20? So far I haven't seen anyone :)
Hi,

Sorry Let me correct this:

I received a confirmation around 14:16 Est
ITA Recived - 04/26 1:36 Est

Last edited: