+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope we receive as i am also in the same boat. But the cic news says 20k and the list on ircc is more than 26k. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
That website with the link you sent is not official, same as this forum, created by some lawyer.

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hii everyone ,

Can you please tell me what would be my family size if Im sponsoring both of my parents

1) Myself
2) Common law partner (Sponsored by me )
3) Mother
4) Father

In the interest form , I have mentioned the family size as 4 , but looks like according to CIC family size is 2.

Can you please let me know which is the correct one .I also meet the LICO requirement even if its for 4 people .

Do you think it will affect my application

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
oh no, im only sponsoring 1 with no other dependents, nowhere on the application packages asks me to send a copy to prove they are divorced, so i wonder if i should translate that and send a copy regardless, it's ok no big deal
I've already answered your question. A divorce certificate is not required with the application but there's a good chance they'll ask for it at a later stage. It's up to you if you want to include it in your initial application or wait to see if it's requested.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Question:

I want to sponsor my 2 parents, however there is a form for principal applicant (which i suppose is for one of my 2 parents), but where do i add the other one ? where can i say that i want to apply for my 2 parents ?
Anyone please ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
We are sponsor. Principal applicant can be dad or mom or both
Can be BOTH if they are divorced.

Otherwise, it's ONE application with one principal applicant and the other is a dependent.

If they are divorced, you need 2 complete application packages sent out in 2 separate packs.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Question:

I want to sponsor my 2 parents, however there is a form for principal applicant (which i suppose is for one of my 2 parents), but where do i add the other one ? where can i say that i want to apply for my 2 parents ?
Read the guide... please
If your parents are still married, one of them is the principle applicant and the other is the dependent.

The guide has very detail instruction and description how to fill in each section of each form. Read that in detail because the info on the form may not provide detail enough info. Open the guide side by side with the form when you fill it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#completeApplication

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:

• You, the principal applicant.

SharleenALEX

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Guys, sorry about asking this again...but in form IMM 0008....how many family members should I say?
Im the only child of my parents, and I am sponsoring them (mom and dad), my husband is co singer
so the family size is 2?from the perspective of the principal applicant, which is my mom, the family is just her and my dad.

However, in the instruction guide, the family size includes the dependent children of the principal applicant, which is me...so should I say 3??

sorry i read it further it says the children needs to be under 22, okay, so the family size is 2?