Jan 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, we shouldn't. Only include:

- yourself
- your spouse or common law partner
- your dependent children
- your spouse’s or partner’s dependent children, and
- any other person you and your co-signer may have sponsored in the past, for whom you are still financially responsible
so if I am single, the total family should be only 1?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hey guys - quick question in IMM 0008 form, when they are asking for the name of my mother. She doesn't have a last name on the passport. As per this post : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

They say to NOT enter N/A etc.

However, then I cannot press the validate button, as it gives me an error of Blank Family Name. In the guide, they mention that the form NEEDS to be VALIDATED, else it will be returned:

Anyone else with a similar issue? What do you suggest I do ??
According to the link you shared, you have to put her “first name” in the “last name” and leave the first name blank.
You can try it, if with leaving first name blank it still does not let you validate then you might need to check with IRCC.
I have the same case but haven’t started the forms yet.
And you can include a letter to explain why did you put given name in last.
I hope that works!

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
I don't believe everyone is invited. That's the reason above mentioned people who were 24/7 on this thread are gone all of a sudden
right.... from what I've read here today. Someone was declined due to incorrect household number. so let me re phrase; not everyone. I guess if your name didn't match the id you uploaded. They will decline as well; what else was on the invitation form; I forgot.

Reactions: Ron_13

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
How do I calculate my family size to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if applicable), must prove that you have enough income to support all the people you’ll be financially responsible for once you become a sponsor. We call this your “family size”, which is the number of people you’ll be responsible for.

To calculate your family size, include:

• yourself
  • your spouse or common-law partner (who could also be your co-signer)
  • your dependent children
    • only include your children if they meet the definition of a dependent child
    • for young children, only include them starting on the year they were born (see example 2)
  • your spouse’s or partner’s dependent children
    • only include children who meet the definition of a dependent child
    • for young children, only include them starting on the year they were born (see example 2)
  • any other person you (and your co-signer, if applicable) may have sponsored in the past, for whom you’re still financially responsible
  • the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor and their dependants (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include
    • any dependent children who won’t come to Canada with your parents or grandparents
    • your parent or grandparent’s spouse or partner, even if they won’t come to Canada
    • your parent or grandparents’ separated spouse

blb

Apr 24, 2019
Form submitted: 10:05-06am
Confirmation received: 10:52am
Invitation received: 3:43pm today

All in MST
Thanks everyone for the information. It has really helped a lot. Keep doing the good work and good luck to everyone!

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
guys, on the generic application where the applicant should fill out, what is the family size if im only sponsoring my mom and no one is coming with her?

hchen213

Feb 10, 2016
guys, on the generic application where the applicant should fill out, what is the family size if im only sponsoring my mom and no one is coming with her?
If your mom is married, then her husband, and plus all of your mom's dependents if there is any.

Reactions: Ron_13

hs9798

Mar 18, 2018
Hello Guys,
Couple of questions here !!

1. Regarding co-signing the application, Can my grandfather co-sign the application for my parents.
  2. If I have three family members back home; Father, mother and sister(dependent). Can i apply for one member or do I need to sponsor three of them together ?
Thank you

ritunz_canada

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Reactions: Verba

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
so if I am single, the total family should be only 1?
When we submit interest to sponsor our parents back in January 2019. the form said it only include

- yourself
- your spouse or common law partner
- your dependent children
- your spouse’s or partner’s dependent children, and
- any other person you and your co-signer may have sponsored in the past, for whom you are still financially responsible

But according to the link below, it said different. So I'm a bit confused too.