+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Netesteph

Jan 31, 2019
Uhmm........why dont some of you start a petition to get IRCC to send the invitations?

Or hire a lawyer to sue IRCC so that they will send out invitations.

Complaining here does nothing.
Relax, we know complaining does nothing but its a forum, and we are anxious and just expressing it that’s all. We are human.

Reactions: lundir8

marcelars

Mar 27, 2019
Hi! Has anyone received an invitation to apply yet?

I was able to submit my interest to sponsor my parents (and have my confirmation number), however, I have not heard back, nor have seen anything posted on their Social media/website.

Just wondering if they are still reviewing applications and made some decisions.

Thanks!

qc_montreal

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this thread,Could someone help me with the below document list.
I know my interest to sponsor was accepted and I am guessing i should get the list from IRCC to send in a paper application soon.for parents sponsorship 2019.Just being a little proactive
How can I prove my parents marriage and birth certificate even though they dont have a official document to prove it?
would a notarized doc work in the below format?

We, husband and wife being duly sworn, hereby affirm and state:

1. We reside at <Home Address>

2. (Husband) was born in in <Place of birth> on <Date of Birth>

3. (Wife) was born in <Place of birth> on <Date of Birth>

4. We have been married since <Marriage Date>.

5. name, for whom this affidavit is being made is our son/daughter, who was born on <Your DOB> in <Place of birth>.

_______
<Father Name>

________
<Mother Name>

Sworn before me this <Date & Place>

_______
Notary

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this thread,Could someone help me with the below document list.
I know my interest to sponsor was accepted and I am guessing i should get the list from IRCC to send in a paper application soon.for parents sponsorship 2019.Just being a little proactive
How can I prove my parents marriage and birth certificate even though they dont have a official document to prove it?
would a notarized doc work in the below format?

We, husband and wife being duly sworn, hereby affirm and state:

1. We reside at <Home Address>

2. (Husband) was born in in <Place of birth> on <Date of Birth>

3. (Wife) was born in <Place of birth> on <Date of Birth>

4. We have been married since <Marriage Date>.

5. name, for whom this affidavit is being made is our son/daughter, who was born on <Your DOB> in <Place of birth>.

_______
<Father Name>

________
<Mother Name>

Sworn before me this <Date & Place>

_______
Notary
They have the proper format on their computers. Just go to any Notary and ask for the affidavit for marriage. Easy.
Good luck for your Invitation.

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hi! Has anyone received an invitation to apply yet?

I was able to submit my interest to sponsor my parents (and have my confirmation number), however, I have not heard back, nor have seen anything posted on their Social media/website.

Just wondering if they are still reviewing applications and made some decisions.

Thanks!
IRCC has to Invite 20k applicants this year. This is what IRCC is advertising everywhere. What really happened on 28th, nobody knows. We dont even know if 27k people got confirmation emails. We are a very limited number of people in this forum. Cant speak of all 27k. Or their website crashed and they said that 27k spots are filled. Initially they advertised that it will take about 10 minutes to fill the form.
Actually nobody knows, whats happening. Its all assumptions. Some are assuming they are still sorting out duplicates. Some are assuming they are waiting for tax deadline. Some are assuming that Repair group is challenging IRCC. So, its all assumptions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
will be 2+ years , since they raised # of applications till 20k + old ones but still process 20k visas/year
The current processing times for PGP2017 and PGP2018 are much faster than those who applied before that who may have waited up to 10 years. Just pointing up an extra month still means you are getting fast processing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC has to Invite 20k applicants this year. This is what IRCC is advertising everywhere. What really happened on 28th, nobody knows. We dont even know if 27k people got confirmation emails. We are a very limited number of people in this forum. Cant speak of all 27k. Or their website crashed and they said that 27k spots are filled. Initially they advertised that it will take about 10 minutes to fill the form.
Actually nobody knows, whats happening. Its all assumptions. Some are assuming they are still sorting out duplicates. Some are assuming they are waiting for tax deadline. Some are assuming that Repair group is challenging IRCC. So, its all assumptions.
All 2700o got accepted. They have explained that the applicants after 20000 will get an invitation when one of the first 20000 don't qualify. They have also promised that the rest of the 7000 will have a certain advantage next year. Given the election that isn' a guarantee.

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
Hey everyone, crossing finges invitations start soon.

Questions about certified copies and translations of documents:

1. When I applied for Permante Residence I sent my birth certificate with translation and certified copy I guess, can't remember. Do you need to send a new certified and translated copy of this againif you are sponsoring your mothe or father?

2. I can't remember what I did for PR. I have a certified copy of my birth certificate in Spanish. Will I need just to translate that here in Canada? I'm not sure if I'm missing something with the certificate. But if it is a cerfieid copy already from the home country I guess all I will need is the translation?

Reactions: Carito

qc_montreal

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
They have the proper format on their computers. Just go to any Notary and ask for the affidavit for marriage. Easy.
Good luck for your Invitation.
Thank You....could you please tell me about birth certificate for my parents should the passport copy suffice?
Also do i need to show their income tax returns ?

AG1ez

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Hi everyone could you please not start again liberals vs conservatives war again. It doesn't lead anywhere other than over-flooding the thread with meaningless posts. So far this thread has been clean enough less keep it that way so when actual information/questions/answers come through everyone can properly comment on it. Thanks ;-)

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi

I'm looking at the forms that would need to be filled and have a question regarding the Military and or/Paramilitary Service in Schedule A.

My father served in the army for close to 25 years. Within those 25 years he was promoted several times.

The form is a little odd, because for each entry it requests a "Reason for end of service". We are planning to put in multiple entries in this section. Each entry with start and end date for every rank that he held until retirement. Funny enough the "Reason for end of service" is a selection box with no option for promoted or retired and none of the options provided are close to these.

Should I just select the "other" option for all entries?

Thanks
Are you sure one entry for the entire duration won't be enough?

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hey everyone, crossing finges invitations start soon.

Questions about certified copies and translations of documents:

1. When I applied for Permante Residence I sent my birth certificate with translation and certified copy I guess, can't remember. Do you need to send a new certified and translated copy of this againif you are sponsoring your mothe or father?

2. I can't remember what I did for PR. I have a certified copy of my birth certificate in Spanish. Will I need just to translate that here in Canada? I'm not sure if I'm missing something with the certificate. But if it is a cerfieid copy already from the home country I guess all I will need is the translation?
It would make too much sense for them to reuse the document they already have. If you don't submit a new one, your application will be deemed incomplete because it's on the checklist.

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi everyone could you please not start again liberals vs conservatives war again. It doesn't lead anywhere other than over-flooding the thread with meaningless posts. So far this thread has been clean enough less keep it that way so when actual information/questions/answers come through everyone can properly comment on it. Thanks ;-)
That would also make too much sense. People like pretend their wild speculations are certainties. I'm trying to be better about it and ignore it.

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Just ignore those posts.
More you point out, more its going to get posted and noticed. So, just dont comment. Read it if you want. If not, skip it.

Reactions: Carito

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Thank You....could you please tell me about birth certificate for my parents should the passport copy suffice?
Also do i need to show their income tax returns ?
As far as I know, Birth Certificates of parents are not needed.
Your birth certificate should have your parents' names.
You do not need your parents' income tax return proof. Only your Income proof.
Your last 3 years Notice Of Assessment (2016, 2017, 2018)
Make sure you qualify for the Minimum Income according to your Family size.