+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Mahimsd07

May 31, 2022
Hello everyone, question regarding funds. How much can be transferred via bank as new pr? I know that we can carry $10000 at max.
And what are the tax implications, has anyone transferred? If anybody has any insight, please let me know. I can interact with you one on one. Thanks

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello everyone, question regarding funds. How much can be transferred via bank as new pr? I know that we can carry $10000 at max.
And what are the tax implications, has anyone transferred? If anybody has any insight, please let me know. I can interact with you one on one. Thanks
PR can bring any amount of fund to Canada provided the country of origin allows you to exchange to foreign currency.

Mahimsd07

May 31, 2022
PR can bring any amount of fund to Canada provided the country of origin allows you to exchange to foreign currency.
Will all of it be tax free in Canada? Another question, the COPR mentions the city of dest. i understand its the one where the Sponsor's address is. Are my parents bound to live only in the province of destination? Or they can take up employment in other provinces as well?

Jun 1, 2019
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am looking to apply for my parents under this program. Does anyone have a link to the detailed process of this program? If so, please share it here and I can take a look to get started on applying for PR for my parents.

As of now, I have read through all of the items here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/prepare-arrival.html

I would like to know when GC would(potentially) open new applicants to apply for the interest to sponsor form. My understanding is that they last accepted interest to sponsor forms back in 2020.

EthanRiar90

Oct 7, 2019
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am looking to apply for my parents under this program. Does anyone have a link to the detailed process of this program? If so, please share it here and I can take a look to get started on applying for PR for my parents.

As of now, I have read through all of the items here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/prepare-arrival.html

I would like to know when GC would(potentially) open new applicants to apply for the interest to sponsor form. My understanding is that they last accepted interest to sponsor forms back in 2020.
wrong forum. At least try using the SEARCH button in the website for the correct group. Trust me the button is free for use.

$immyO

Jun 6, 2023
Application Received: 26 June 2019.
SA DM: 08 January 2021.
Biometrices for Parents Only: 08 February 2021.
Principal Applicant Passed Away: 27 April 2021.
New Forms and Principal Application Change Request 17 June 2021.
SA DM(With Mother as Principal Applicant): 28 October 2021.
First Medical: (05 November 2021)
Biometric Request for Dependent Child: 02 December 2021.
Request for RPRF Fees: 05 April 2022.
Another Request for RPRF Fees Since last was not received (Webform Delay): 12 July 2022
Second Medical: 26 January 2023.
Travel Forms and Fresh Additional Family Information Form: 15 March 2023.
Details of Government Service: April 17 2023.
Decision Made: 05 July 2023.
PPR: 06 July 2023.

If you have any question feel free to post or ask any question in whatsapp group. I have seen everything during this process, i am more than willing to help everybody.

Good Luck to You.
Hello,

i am in similar situation. Applied June 2019. Medical will expire next month. I have called almost every for the past 2 months all agents said they can’t do anything as application is awaiting decision making. All webform sent have been ignored as well. Medical will expire next month.
Please what did you do to get past the “in process” stage after such a long processing time?

Mahimsd07

May 31, 2022
Hello,

i am in similar situation. Applied June 2019. Medical will expire next month. I have called almost every for the past 2 months all agents said they can’t do anything as application is awaiting decision making. All webform sent have been ignored as well. Medical will expire next month.
Please what did you do to get past the “in process” stage after such a long processing time?
r u in the whatsapp group? i think i answered u. if nt let me know

Mahimsd07

May 31, 2022
Hi I am not in the what’s group no
Hello, i would suggest please get the gcms notes. In my case, Hon'ble MP Tim Uppal and Hon'ble Mike Lake had been in constant touch with IRCC. GCMS Notes clarified every required process was completed. The very next day Hon'ble Tim Uppal contacted IRCC regarding status update and then they sent PPR. I would suggest a) request GCMS Notes b) Ask your Hon'ble Local MP to make sure your case is discuused through the to IRCC. Please stay connected through whatsapp group, you can get various help options from there.
https://chat.whatsapp.com/LB6LEZv3MwEBceLnBXPv7S

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe some of you will encounter the same situation. My parents landed around 2 years ago, they spent their first trip here 6 months then back home and came back for another 6 months. Is it worth it to maintain their PR status here? My parents are now in their 70s, they enjoyed their time here but really don't see the long-term future here. I am debating whether or not to review their PR card after the first 5 years or just forgo it.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if your parents move here, do you think they will like it here? We are from Vancouver.
My original thought was that my parents come and live here in Vancouver with us as both my brother and I live away from home. But my parents enjoy their life back home much more compared to here.

Last edited:

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021
Maybe some of you will encounter the same situation. My parents landed around 2 years ago, they spent their first trip here 6 months then back home and came back for another 6 months. Is it worth it to maintain their PR status here? My parents are now in their 70s, they enjoyed their time here but really don't see the long-term future here. I am debating whether or not to review their PR card after the first 5 years or just forgo it.
Maybe they get citizenship and go back? Thats what im contemplating

Muhammadpk

Star Member
May 18, 2021
Maybe they get citizenship and go back? Thats what im contemplating
Hello friends
My parents are coming next month PGP programe i need some question about
My parents age father 74
Mother 68
They eliglible old age benefit or kindly adivse me which benefit they took from govt ,?
I know welfare cannot apply until 10years any othera benifit kindly share your experience thanka

EthanRiar90

Oct 7, 2019
What a state of shambles IRCC is in right now. They are giving PR to people who don’t want to live in Canada but who wants to live here permanently are waiting for more than 4 years.

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021
Hello friends
My parents are coming next month PGP programe i need some question about
My parents age father 74
Mother 68
They eliglible old age benefit or kindly adivse me which benefit they took from govt ,?
I know welfare cannot apply until 10years any othera benifit kindly share your experience thanka
For Ontario they can apply for
Ohip and Ontario drug benefits. Don’t think they are eligible for rest