+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi @Ketobaby please advise which is best place to get photos made for PR card. We have resubmitted made by shoppers but in case they fail it again. Thanks and regards
We used Walmart and had no issues. However, I believe any credibile photographer can get it done as long as you show them the requirements.

I believe shoppers will do.

Ps.. My sister did use an overseas photography for the last one and he did not even bother to cut it to size because he did not have the cutter and only informed her after...lol.
She decided to submit it like that because they are very few photographers in her area that were offering that service. Surpringly she got the PR card 52days after landing, no issues...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: caninfoseeker

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Congratulations. Wow never seen so fast. You are lucky that your photos accepted. We have resubmitted photos. @morinda did you receive any updates on Gckey or ecas regarding card processing or you directly received card in mailbox. Thanks
My sister's was exactly 52days after landing at Pearson. I am hoping my parents' will follow same but doubt due to the holidays.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
URGENT QUESTION: Can I start the application on behalf of my niece who is applying for grandparents?

My niece received an invitation to apply for 2022, so the letter has her email address on the letter itself. However, she is too busy with her work to do the application herself so I am working on the application on behalf of my parents/my nieces grandparents. And thus, I have opened the PR application account using my email address. I assume this is not an issue? Thanks!!
Hmmm... I am not sure I can your question because I have alot of questions to your one question. However, since you use the word "start" I'm wondering why you cannot use your niece's account to "start" it because your niece will need to find time to confirm the application before you can "help her" submit it.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I was unable to link my application for PR card in gckey.i was trying unsuccessfully for linking pr card application meanwhile to my surprise also I found it in our mailbox one day. So relaxing to complete all the process but alone as my wife passed away just few days ago before our landing.
Oh I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Wishing you peace during this difficult time

Reactions: morinda

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
Just got a call from our MP that my parents' application is going through Security/Criminality check. 2nd medical and eligibility has passed already. Does anyone know how much time it takes for the security stage to finish? And also, is there any other stage after this?

Thanks
There is no time limit. My parents file stuck in background checking from last 1 and half year. 3 medical has been done. Ircc completely silent and not give any response. Now my frustration increased on very high level. Because ircc is not taking seriousness no pgp file. Only student visas are granting in big amount.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi, did you get answer to your query? Im in similar situation and want to cancel my representative. How long does it take and is there a tedious process to do same? TIA
Kg
To cancel authorized representative you have to use same form in which we give power to represent , there is a section in which you state that you are hereby cancelling power to represent you , must be printed and signed by principal applicant and dependent if any and dated, after signing get a photocopy of it scan it and submit it via webform or email (if available) How long it will take enforce that I dont know. Wishing good luck

shayshay

Aug 8, 2019
To cancel authorized representative you have to use same form in which we give power to represent , there is a section in which you state that you are hereby cancelling power to represent you , must be printed and signed by principal applicant and dependent if any and dated, after signing get a photocopy of it scan it and submit it via webform or email (if available) How long it will take enforce that I dont know. Wishing good luck
About 2 weeks I’d say from my experience

Determined1

Jan 26, 2022
They can leave the country. As long as they keep meeting their RO, then you can bring them their renewed PR cards when they arrive in the mail.

In some cases applicants are required to go and pickup their cards if IRCC wants to make sure they continue to meet their RO. In that case, they will need to return to Canada to pickup their card(s).
But returning to Canada without PR card is another issue if they are asked to pick up in person. They might need to provide evidence of fulfilling their PR requirements especially since they have been PR for quite a bit.

Determined1

Jan 26, 2022
Is there is anyway to check the status of pr card other than online, it's been 6 months now, and I'm still waiting for the card
You need to send a web form complaining about it. Check for more information here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html
After waiting for over 100 days I checked and saw the above link and sent the required mail. Not long after I got a mail that my photo was rejected on the virtual landing platform! I had to submit 3 more times before it was accepted. I also sent emails to the addresses that communicated with me and complained via webforms before the final photo was approved and I got the card in the mailbox within a week.
you need to act fast because there’s a deadline for responding.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
But returning to Canada without PR card is another issue if they are asked to pick up in person. They might need to provide evidence of fulfilling their PR requirements especially since they have been PR for quite a bit.
I said as long as they meet their RO. They can apply for PRTD and come back to pickup their PR cards. As long as they meet their RO, they can get PRTD.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
You need to send a web form complaining about it. Check for more information here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html
After waiting for over 100 days I checked and saw the above link and sent the required mail. Not long after I got a mail that my photo was rejected on the virtual landing platform! I had to submit 3 more times before it was accepted. I also sent emails to the addresses that communicated with me and complained via webforms before the final photo was approved and I got the card in the mailbox within a week.
you need to act fast because there’s a deadline for responding.
@Determined1 dear, you said you had to submit your photos three times, can you please share who was your photographer and how you were informed that they have rejected your photos each time , thanks and happy Christmas and new year. Best regards

EthanRiar90

Oct 7, 2019
There is no time limit. My parents file stuck in background checking from last 1 and half year. 3 medical has been done. Ircc completely silent and not give any response. Now my frustration increased on very high level. Because ircc is not taking seriousness no pgp file. Only student visas are granting in big amount.
I completely agree with your opinion. The government only cares about the funding from students and future votes from refugees.