+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hello All, PPR request received yesterday after 3 yrs & 3 months for my parents. I believe that they will get only 1 month to do the landing since their Medicals are going to expire by early Nov. Correct?

Quick question: After landing, how long are they required to stay in Canada i.e. how long before they can travel out of Canada? (I am aware of the 2yrs in 5 yrs requirement). Is it till the time they receive their PR card that they can would have to stay in Canada before they can travel out? Need to plan their Canada landing trip and hence the question. Thanks in advance!
Congrats to your parents, I believe the COPR will be valid till the end of medicals. They can travel anytime as long as you have the 2 out of 5 years in mind. PR card currently takes about 2 to 3 months. I believe you can mail it to them if they need to travel back home urgently

Reactions: gg08

gg08

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Congrats to your parents, I believe the COPR will be valid till the end of medicals. They can travel anytime as long as you have the 2 out of 5 years in mind. PR card currently takes about 2 to 3 months. I believe you can mail it to them if they need to travel back home urgently
Thank you! Appreciate your quick response and the inputs on the PR card timeline.

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Hi All
After 3+ years of waiting my parents are now permanent residents.
They have been in Canada since Jan 2020 and pm Sep 13, 2022 they completed their 2nd medical. Sep 26, mycic showed medical passed and simultaneously we received an email from cic asking if they are still present in Canada. We responded right away, and within an hour we received a letter on email and on mycic account and they are now officially permanent residents and asked us to mail a copy of their picture to the london office!
@laxsun please update tracker when time permits!

Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi All
After 3+ years of waiting my parents are now permanent residents.
They have been in Canada since Jan 2020 and pm Sep 13, 2022 they completed their 2nd medical. Sep 26, mycic showed medical passed and simultaneously we received an email from cic asking if they are still present in Canada. We responded right away, and within an hour we received a letter on email and on mycic account and they are now officially permanent residents and asked us to mail a copy of their picture to the london office!
@laxsun please update tracker when time permits!
Congratulations on receiving your parents' e-COPR.
Hope they will receive their PR card soon.

marwanco

Dec 13, 2018
Ontario
Hello,
My Mum Just laded on 1st October 2022, in Toronto,
To Apply for OHIP I need:

Proof of residency in Ontario

As a new immigrant , what document do I have to subbmit??

Thanks

Reactions: laxsun

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello,
My Mum Just laded on 1st October 2022, in Toronto,
To Apply for OHIP I need:

Proof of residency in Ontario

As a new immigrant , what document do I have to subbmit??

Thanks
Hi did they asked for a photo for pr. They did not ask for extra photo from us. I think they will work with their copy of copr with photo pasted

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Can you see your mother's medical pass date in MyCIC under dependents' details?
There's no medical passed date under dependent's details.

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Received ready for visa email.Please advise how to prepare envelope for PA and dependant for sending passport to VFS for visa and copr. Shall we prepare separate envelope.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Can any one guide how to link PR application on GcKey. Thanks
This is from the last page of the tracker
LinkHow to link app to MyCIC
Tip-1After you login, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-categpry. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
Tip-2
Tip-3Sometimes leaving city and country of birth fields empty work.
Tip-4In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. Sometime leaving the entire passport fields blank work.
Tip-5Match the city and province name you entered in the original app. Leaving them blank work sometimes as well.
Tip-6The most tricky part is the Number of Family Members. In most cases, this needs to match exactly how you declared your family size in the original app. For a family of 6 (sponsor+sponsor's spouse+2 kids+both parents), this can work for any number from 2 to 6. So, you have to try all numbers within the range. Most likely it work for 4 leaving the number of children. You can also try leaving the field blank.
Tip-7As I've seen, it takes several tries to successfully link the app. Good luck!!!