Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
I received passport request while parents are here in Canada on super visa. Filled the web form to update address and do virtual landing. DO you know how long it will take for them to respond? Any email address where i can send updated address. ?
For me, it took 2 weeks. I'd wait about 2 weeks and if you don't get anything send the webform again.

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Hi everyone,

My mother got her e-COPR today, Aug 18, 2 days after uploading her photo on the portal. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting, I hope it comes quickly for you! You can see my entire timeline in my signature. :) @laxsun please update. Finally over after 3+ years!

Reactions: Hamied and kuldip25

simolak-1010

Jun 14, 2022
Passport Request

Hi, today I received a letter to send my passport for getting visa (passport Request Letter)
Does anyone know any travel agency in Iran that do Visa Pickup?
If they are in Tehran, they can connect Ms. Baghban - 021 8827 5000- I cannot remember the agency’s name.

vatish

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Hi, I have received passport request for my parents, can anyone please guide me on what are pending steps? Would they get visas on their passport and are good to travel? Thanks!

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Hello guys , my parents and Brother received passport request from NDVO today, my brother and mother are in Canada and my father is in India. can they submit their passport separately or do they need to submit PP together.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
very normal to go long periods of time with no information. This is usually during the background checks. Has to do with delays on Canadian side and dye to other governments and outside organizations. As long as you get approved in the end you are still much luckier than many other families.
Yes I understand that, I was just trying to encourage the poster that was worried about not hearing anything for a while.

As long as you're still within the posted timeline nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Good morning everyone,

A quick question, Does anyone here ever complain to the Information Commissioner of Canada at any point? I submitted Acces to Information request on June 15th to get more info on my parents' application. Under the Access to Information Act, the CIC has 30 days to provide the requested information. On July 15, I received a request from CIC re completing an authorization form; I’ve already been authorized by my parents to connect CIC, and this fact was noted on my original request. Nonetheless, let’s say they needed this information and I missed it. Today is 33 days after I sent them the completed request and followed up twice, but I still have not received any response. Under AIA, CIC should have advised me if they required additional time to prep the notes, but no word from CIC.

I’m so fed up with this process. I know they are busy… I appreciate Covid caused an unprecedented situation… but can someone from CIC understand how frustrating it is for us to wait each day to receive a response? Could they just understand, that receiving an automated message won't help anyone...

My parents' application was received in June 2019- their first medical was completed in March 2021, and the second one passed in April 2022… all documents were submitted within 10 days of CIC’s request…. MP office advised the CIC is running a security check…I want to know … where is fairness in this process, and what’s the reason for this delay… I know immigrating to Canada is not my parents’ right, but a privilege… and at no point do I want to sound condescending by complaining… but I also know knowing and getting notes of their application is their right and my right… Sorry for the vent! If someone could please let me know whether their complaint to the comissioner and if it took them somewhere, I would greatly appreciated it…

I totally understand your frustrations and feel free to vent, you'd feel better after. I have made several complains via the complains form. I did order one in Jan that I waited for and decided to reapply for another in May, I only got them in late June early July and when I asked for one of them to be refunded since I technically never got one I was told no refund since they "get to work" immediately the application is submitted...lol.. I really don't need the refund I was just being petty cause they frustrated me...lol

In Jan, like you they asked me to RE fill out the authorization form, which I did previously and I'm on my parents app as their representative... SMH... After RE filling and sending out to them never heard back... Silly

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Thanks , i was referring to the super visa sticker .. which is on the passport . Cant they travel on that visa in case the PR card doesnt arrive by the time they leave Canada ?
Once you become a PR, any visa regardless of if it appears to be valid is INVALID. The PR overrides any other Canadian visa on your passport, supervisa, work permit, TRV etc. You MUST now abide by the PR rules which includes among other things needing a PRTD or a valid PR card to board a flight into Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi, I have received passport request for my parents, can anyone please guide me on what are pending steps? Would they get visas on their passport and are good to travel? Thanks!
After you send the passport to them they'd stamp it with the visa and send it back to you. This will allows them to travel to Canada and "land" aka become a PR. You MUST arrive in Canada before the expiration date or else you RISK lossing everything.

After landing they are officially PR and can enjoy their new life in Canada and all that it has to offer.

They can then apply for SIN, health card, driver's license etc...

Congrats!

archivist

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Hello, people who have received their PR card
Does the online status show they sent PR Card??
My family landed but hasnt received PR Card. No update after the following line online:
  1. You entered Canada at the Pearson,Lester B.,Terminal No. 1 Airport office on March xx, 2022 and became a Permanent Resident

Reactions: kuldip25

morinda

Feb 2, 2019
@laxsun received passport with visa and COPR today from New Delhi embassy through VFS jalandhar via blue dart courier. Finally longwait of 38 months 6 days over.
Timeline
date of application 14th June 2019
IN PROCESS jan 28th 2020
Biometric letter 23rd Feb 2022
Biometric completed 1st March 2022
Medical, PCC letter 04-05-2022
Medical completed 14-05-2022
Medical passed 30-05-2022
Country of parents India
Local visa office Vancouver
Decision made for principal applicant 28th July 2022
Passport request letter 03--08-2022