+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

simolak-1010

Jun 14, 2022
I just heard back from my MP's office (I asked for their help two weeks ago as I'm waiting for more than 3years). It seems the last step in my parents' application is security check. Does anyone know how many more days and nights we should wait until we hear back from CIC?

The office processing their application is Vancouver - From Mississauga to Ankara and then Vancouver- how and why... I don't know.

Good news, I think, is that at least I now know they received the documents I submitted in April 2022.
- sponsor eligibility: approved (we knew it... since September 2019...)
- Applicant eligibility: approved. (YAY?!)
- Criminality for both Sponsor and Applicant: checked and passed
- Medical exam result received and valid until April 2023

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
makes sense, Thank you!

PPR advises the all required documents be sent in one single package, however, VFS wants the passports sent to them individually and has generated 3 separate way bill numbers for 3 applicants. I find this a little confusing and contradicting to what IRCC advises. How would Visa office know that the other two accompanying members are also approved for Copr?
Extremely conflicting and disturbing information because it clearly say in one envelope. What countries VFS is this? And did they give you this information verbally or in an email?

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
I just heard back from my MP's office (I asked for their help two weeks ago as I'm waiting for more than 3years). It seems the last step in my parents' application is security check. Does anyone know how many more days and nights we should wait until we hear back from CIC?

The office processing their application is Vancouver - From Mississauga to Ankara and then Vancouver- how and why... I don't know.

Good news, I think, is that at least I now know they received the documents I submitted in April 2022.
- sponsor eligibility: approved (we knew it... since September 2019...)
- Applicant eligibility: approved. (YAY?!)
- Criminality for both Sponsor and Applicant: checked and passed
- Medical exam result received and valid until April 2023
I would say anytime now, I suspect they are doing a HUGE catch up and some major work load redistribution. We only just heard from them recently after almost 3 full years of radio silence. I'm talking 0 contact for almost 3 years...lol

Reactions: simolak-1010

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Quick question. Aside from the provincial health care I am looking to purchase supplemental health, prescription and dental insurance for my parent? Which insurance company offers a very great plan with reasonable price. Would appreciate your inputs.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Quick question. Aside from the provincial health care I am looking to purchase supplemental health, prescription and dental insurance for my parent? Which insurance company offers a very great plan with reasonable price. Would appreciate your inputs.
Depends upon province of your parents' residence. Try Manulife.

dumplingdang

Star Member
May 29, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
Nomination.....
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016
AOR on June 13, 2019 and security screening started from mid August 2021 and is still in process as of June 22, 2022 like forever. My parents keep pushing me to email IRCC, the minister and local MP every week even though all these means are useless. Can't get married and have children, which also makes my parents unhappy. My life is getting so tough with chunks of such unbearable mental stress and financial burden ($400 med insurance every month) due to the loooooooooooooong security screening.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
AOR on June 13, 2019 and security screening started from mid August 2021 and is still in process as of June 22, 2022 like forever. My parents keep pushing me to email IRCC, the minister and local MP every week even though all these means are useless. Can't get married and have children, which also makes my parents unhappy. My life is getting so tough with chunks of such unbearable mental stress and financial burden ($400 med insurance every month) due to the loooooooooooooong security screening.
It does not hurt to email your MP and the minister, it could actually provide temporary relief for your mental stress at least till you get the BS answer. I don't know that there is one way confirmed way to get this PGP going any faster. At least in my experience it did not seem like it helped, it felt like they answered me when they wanted to. I had emailed the Minister, my MP, given almost monthly feedback on the entire process, web form enquires, I did it all. While I cannot say for sure that it helped I can tell you I got a brief mental relief while waiting for their answers.

It is free to email and contact them so I'd say why not, you never know.

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
DM1 will only appear in ECAS but you must have received an email or letter stating that you meet the requirement to sponsor your parents.
The same letter states your parents' application will be processed in certain visa office e. g. CPC-Mississauga, Mexico
I remember receiving this letter, but I can't find it anymore in my documents! Sorry :(

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
My online application status got updated today, saying A final decision has been made and they provide some document number & document status with expiry date - does anyone know what exactly those documents are? Do my parents have to carry them when they enter the country?

OR@YT

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
I applied on 14th June 2019, my CIC account shows that it is on background and criminality check and it has been like this for a year and a half; they haven’t even requested a police certificate or medical certificate, and biometrics were already done 2015 and they are still valid. I would like to ask how they will do a criminality check without the police certificate?

OR@YT

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
I applied on 14th June 2019, my CIC account shows that it is on background and criminality check and it has been like this for a year and a half; they haven’t even requested a police certificate or medical certificate, and biometrics were already done 2015 and they are still valid. I would like to ask how they will do a criminality check without the police certificate?
@laxsun

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
These two are not dependant on each other and one can start without the order. A criminality check is an actual check and more indept process, police certification is a more of a statement hence the word "certification" So in a weird way once a criminality check is done you don't necessarily need a police certification but you could still be asked for one. I'd say wait and see if IRCC eventually ask for one.

Reactions: OR@YT

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
My online application status got updated today, saying A final decision has been made and they provide some document number & document status with expiry date - does anyone know what exactly those documents are? Do my parents have to carry them when they enter the country?
I suspect it whatever you applied for has been approved and that's the document details of what's going to be stamped on your passport. My sister applied for TRV and same thing happened to her before they asked for her passport to be stamped and when her passport came back the details (expiration date, document number etc.) that was initially provided before PPR matched with the TRV stamped on the passport

Reactions: AradhanaDakua

goa123

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi All
My Mom got the visa stamped on the passport and it expires on July 28,
A family emergency has taken place and she won't be able to fly before this date,
Is there any way we could extend this date? Thank you in advance for your help

Reactions: kirantejoday