+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
No, he is 38 or so.

We had to put him on the application(just in that generic form) as a son of applicant. Just like all the brothers and sisters of my wife's parents.
If by Generic form, you mean IMM 0008, then his name was incorrectly entered in the form where only dependents should be listed.

Him and your wife's name (and other siblings over 22 years old) should only be listed in imm 5645.

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Update: received the passport submission request as well. For submission of documents, do we just prepare the package and drop it off to the nearest VHS location, or do we need to book an appointment first at the VHS location? Anyone has any experience dealing with VHS in Pakistan.

Thanks.
Congratulations dear
Your timeline please

Reactions: Ontariolove

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Can someone guide .. if any risk to change address at this final stage of the application ? will they move the whole file from london embassy to canadian in land embasy ?
The files are being moved around from London, England to Vancouver and for one case on this forum, to London Ontario. I don't think address change would cause any delays; people keep changing their address when they travel between Canada and their home country when their application are being processed.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
3 year anniversary since my application received on June 19, 2019 is approaching! Application is still in process!

UNBELIEVABLE!!

• Sad
Reactions: kulb

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Thankfully my mother received her passport back with immigration stamp.

Can anyone kindly advise how long does it take to receive PR card after landing? Also, do we need to wait 3 months before we can apply for her health card? We are in Ontario.
My mom landed Apr 14, still waiting for PR card. Official time frame is around 3 months.

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
My mom landed Apr 14, still waiting for PR card. Official time frame is around 3 months.
My mom(main applicant) got her PR card 10 days after the landing on February 20th, my sister and father are still waiting, we actually send
"Solemn declaration concerning a lost, stolen, destroyed or never received Permanent Resident Card" hope it will help.

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
If by Generic form, you mean IMM 0008, then his name was incorrectly entered in the form where only dependents should be listed.

Him and your wife's name (and other siblings over 22 years old) should only be listed in imm 5645.
Hi, you are right, he is listed in IMM 008 as a dependent. What if we continue and we send them his police clearances and medical exam, will he receive PR? Or we should send them an email saying that there was a mistake made on the IMM 008 and he is not actually dependent?

Another question, I am losing my mind with CIC. I created an account to see our application online and when I try to import the application it tells me no application found. When I try to login through tracker it tells me the same thing. However I can only login on ECAS, but it ECAS is worthless since it's not showing anything but "in progress". Did anyone encounter similar issue and what can be done?

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
fund in cash that accomodate with traveller needs to be declared for sure.
So only if they are carrying hard cash with them while traveling then they need to declare that? I got that properties can be declared later but no need to declare what jewellery or funds they have in India?

konnichiwa12

Jan 2, 2018
Better to speak with IRCC agent once.
Didn't talk. Got the medicals done today - doctor visit at clinic, then blood work & x-ray at hospital. It is just too crazy to have to do medicals again and again and again.
Photo is already uploaded on portal. So hopefully the good news soon.

FJalvi

Nov 1, 2020
Hello all,

I just received the pre arrival and medical test letter. Application submitted in May2019, however I am still unable to link the application to the online account. Have filled out multiple web forms and always received the same generic reply about linking an application to online account.
Has anyone else have the same problem? Any help will be appreciated

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So only if they are carrying hard cash with them while traveling then they need to declare that? I got that properties can be declared later but no need to declare what jewellery or funds they have in India?
They need to declare their funds in home country also at the first year tax return. (captial. not just properties)

For jewellery that they will bring to Canada, it's part of goods to follow list. Yes. They need to declare them. If they will NEVER bring them to Canada, they don't have to declare.

Last edited:
Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Only cash in case of exceeding CAD 10,000 has to be declared while landing.
If your parents have plans to transfer funds or assets to acquire properties here, they have good opportunity to declare during landing.
The best thing is that you consult an experienced financial advisor. It is difficult to get good advise in thread about this. @YVR123