+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, I asked on the other topic, but no answer. We submitted application in April 2019 and finally we received request for medical and criminal record.
We are sponsoring wife's parents. She has a brother, but he is over 18 and we are not sponsoring him, but the immigration asked to provide medical for him, as well as police clearance for every country where he reside more than 6 months.
It doesn't make any sense why they are asking for medical and police clearance if we are not sponsoring him, could that be an error by officer or he will also get the PR?

Problem here is not medical nor police clearance, but the fact that he has to obtain police clearance from every place since 18, where he reside more than 6 months. If he is getting the PR it may be well worth, but I doubt. He lived in 3 or 4 other countries for more than six months so it would be a nightmare to get all those clearances.
Was he under 22 years old and single when you filled in the application? Did you include him in IMM0008 as dependent/family of your in laws?

If he was under 22, then he is part of the sponsorship application and he has to through medical, police and background check.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Thankfully my mother received her passport back with immigration stamp.

Can anyone kindly advise how long does it take to receive PR card after landing? Also, do we need to wait 3 months before we can apply for her health card? We are in Ontario.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hello everyone, We received a request to do 2nd time medical on May 19th, as the first medical got expired. Before the medical request, we also got a pre-arrival service letter. Today on the portal it says medical passed as we did the medical May 25th. The wait is really frustrating, any ideas what might be the next steps ? Should I reach out to the local MPP ?

Please kindly advise based on your experience.

**please note : We are Islamabad applicant, but mother is currently visiting Canada so we did medicals from here. In case of PPR, do we need to go back and submit passport in ISB embassy , is there something that can be done from here ?

Thanks in advance.
I have a similar situation to yours. First medical expired was to expire in May and second medical received in April and passed. 2nd PCC was not requested. There is no harm in reaching to the MP, I just did and waiting for any response. Your mother does not have to go back if she is here and can do virtual landing after getting the COPR.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thankfully my mother received her passport back with immigration stamp.

Can anyone kindly advise how long does it take to receive PR card after landing? Also, do we need to wait 3 months before we can apply for her health card? We are in Ontario.
For OHIP, it depends on if they are still waving the 3 months waiting period when she lands in Canada. Currently it's still waved because of COVID.

Reactions: Red and Black

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Yes. Did you update IRCC that she is in Canada? There should be instruction to submit passport here or do eCOPR to land if she is in Canada (I don't know what are the options now). I think some other members can tell you the current process but regardless, you can follow the instruction on the PPR.
No I didn't update that she is visiting Canada. What my options are ? can I inform them after PPR is issued ?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello everyone, We received a request to do 2nd time medical on May 19th, as the first medical got expired. Before the medical request, we also got a pre-arrival service letter. Today on the portal it says medical passed as we did the medical May 25th. The wait is really frustrating, any ideas what might be the next steps ? Should I reach out to the local MPP ?

Please kindly advise based on your experience.

**please note : We are Islamabad applicant, but mother is currently visiting Canada so we did medicals from here. In case of PPR, do we need to go back and submit passport in ISB embassy , is there something that can be done from here ?

Thanks in advance.
Your info is updated in the tracker. What was the date of the pre-arrival service letter?
Based on the info on the tracker, your next step is decision made for principal applicant and then PPR.
If your mother want to stay here in Canada, she can update the address to Canadian one so that she can do virtual landing.
You can update the address by sending IRCC Webform.

Reactions: YVR123

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
I have a similar situation to yours. First medical expired was to expire in May and second medical received in April and passed. 2nd PCC was not requested. There is no harm in reaching to the MP, I just did and waiting for any response. Your mother does not have to go back if she is here and can do virtual landing after getting the COPR.
But how she will send the passport for PR visa stamping or there is no need of any new visa if she is already here ?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi, my parents' passport expires in 2023. They are in Canada on Visitor Visa now and their application for PGP is in progress. If they get PR, what will be the validity of the same? (will it end on the expiry of the current passport)?
IRCC requires the passport to be valid at least for six months to stamp PR visa.
There will be a chance that they will issue visa that will expire with the passport.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
But how she will send the passport for PR visa stamping or there is no need of any new visa if she is already here ?
In virtual landing, she will not have to send passport to stamp PR visa. She will receive electronic COPR and get processed for PR card.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
In virtual landing, she will not have to send passport to stamp PR visa. She will receive electronic COPR and get processed for PR card.
I heard if someone update the address , the whole file gets transfered to the nearest consulate ? Which will again delay the case ... is that not true ? please confirm . Thanks

Irshad67

Feb 1, 2020
Hi
Yesterday I have received Pre arrival letter - hope next step is DM and PPR . How long will take as medical is getting expire in June
Application in Vancouver for processing
Principal applicant is in Pakistan

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hi
Yesterday I have received Pre arrival letter - hope next step is DM and PPR . How long will take as medical is getting expire in June
Application in Vancouver for processing
Principal applicant is in Pakistan
I was in same situation but they asked for medical again .. How is your app in Vanc , did you update the address ?

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
I heard if someone update the address , the whole file gets transfered to the nearest consulate ? Which will again delay the case ... is that not true ? please confirm . Thanks
Can someone guide .. if any risk to change address at this final stage of the application ? will they move the whole file from london embassy to canadian in land embasy ?

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Was he under 22 years old and single when you filled in the application? Did you include him in IMM0008 as dependent/family of your in laws?

If he was under 22, then he is part of the sponsorship application and he has to through medical, police and background check.
No, he is 38 or so.

We had to put him on the application(just in that generic form) as a son of applicant. Just like all the brothers and sisters of my wife's parents.