+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello All, Need advice on something. Got letter from CIC for passport submission for my parents. Does anyone know how to submit the passport? The letter says to submit the package at VFS, do they need to personally go and submit it? Can someone please suggest how can we submit the passport?
@laxsun any advice?
To my knowledge, pick up service is used in India for PPR submission once you book that through VFS closest your parents' address.
Following thread may be helpful:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/page-299
Go through the beginning of the thread.

Reactions: AradhanaDakua

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hello Team,
Trust you are doing excellent.

Do you know the list of documents we need to carry for physical landing at Toronto airport?

1. Passport
2. COPR letter
3. photos? If yes, how many?

Is there anything we need to carry? Also, do they have hindi speaking services?

Thank you so much for the help.

@laxsun

WM-PK

Mar 19, 2022
Hello all,
Need an advise from your folks. My parents received Pre arrival letter last month. After few days, they received a letter CIC also need RCMP clearance certificate since they stayed in Canada on PG visa for 190 days. Parents are in Pakistan, but for RCMP certificate, they need finger prints. They sent finger prints last week which was rejected by RCMP since it is not clear . Parents are 75 years old, very hard to have clean finger prints for RCMP certificate.

Any advice??

Thanks

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Hello admin @laxsun. Please update. Status has been completed May 27 on my mom’s ircc account. Thank you for everyone for this very helpful forum. God bless.

Reactions: laxsun and Hamied

anand_r

Jul 24, 2011
Hello ,

Can someone please advice or provide a checklist of documents parents should carry with them at the time of travelling from India to Canada for landing. Received PR Confirmation in Feb and its valid till Sept. Thank you!

Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello Team,
Trust you are doing excellent.

Do you know the list of documents we need to carry for physical landing at Toronto airport?

1. Passport
2. COPR letter
3. photos? If yes, how many?

Is there anything we need to carry? Also, do they have hindi speaking services?

Thank you so much for the help.

@laxsun
my grandparents landed last week. All you need is passport and COPR letter. They will also need ArriveCan and proof of COVID vaccination. They also carried the passport request letter with them but was not necessary. I would also write down your address so they can give to the officer if they ask.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello ,

Can someone please advice or provide a checklist of documents parents should carry with them at the time of travelling from India to Canada for landing. Received PR Confirmation in Feb and its valid till Sept. Thank you!
my grandparents landed last week. All you need is passport and COPR letter. They will also need ArriveCan and proof of COVID vaccination. They also carried the passport request letter with them but was not necessary. They should also have their Canadian address in hand, just in case.

Reactions: anand_r and laxsun

Zahra NZ

May 7, 2019
Ankara office related questions:
We received a letter of passport request and COPR at the same time. The application is being processed in Ankara office.
My parents are in Iran and my brother (dependent in the application) has been visiting me in Canada. In the passport request is saying that if any of the dependents are in Canada they can land virtually and don't need to send their passport to the VAC center.
My question is do we have to include photos and a copy of my brother's passport in the package as well?
Can my brother do his virtual landing earlier than my parents landing (via port of entry)?
For sending the passports from Iran to Ankara, should we mail them or send them through a travel agency?

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
@laxsun please update my information in the Tracker.
Passport submission request received on 27th May'22, ECAS status updated to Decision Made for parents as well. Not sure when the status was updated but I checked it today (31st May'22)

Reactions: laxsun

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hi. Need suggestion about my mom. She is in Canada and visa extension expiring in July. Pre-arrival services letter received in April. 2nd medical also received and passed in April. There was one ghost update last week. Should I apply for another extension now or ask local MP for case status or just do both? Please share your experience/thoughts. Thanks. @laxsun @Red and Black @M4imran @hjstannum @caninfoseeker @myahya
Have they asked for PCC? That also takes some time if you are required to provide PCC - by the time they receive and review it, you are looking at few weeks and up to a month. Might be safer to apply for extension imo.

Reactions: Hamied