+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
If one has 3 persons on an application Principal applicant, her spouse and a dependent if one person is medically inadmissible does it affect the application of the principal applicant and the other applicant?
i guess it does. we got medically inadmissible letter which was because of my father in law medical issue it was impacting my mater in law too. but we were able to reply positively to the letter and then our application got approved.

Reactions: Rubyred and YVR123

Jayboy

Oct 23, 2019
i guess it does. we got medically inadmissible letter which was because of my father in law medical issue it was impacting my mater in law too. but we were able to reply positively to the letter and then our application got approved.
What response/ reply did you give that made them change their mind.

Reactions: Ontariolove

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
I'm waiting for DM2. Pre-arrival services letter and 2nd medical received in April. Medical passed in April. There was a ghost update last week, but nothing after that. Today, I received the following email addressed by name:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) would like you to participate in a survey about your recent experience with your IRCC Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa) application.

We would like to get your thoughts on your recently refused Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa) application and the explanation provided in the Refusal Letter.

I never applied for any TRV nor did I receive any Refusal Letter. Did anyone else get such an email?

Son gill

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello guys...my parents got asked to provide Police clearance..my mother was in canada on super visa for almost a year and it says you have to provide police clearance from all countries where residence was more than 6 months...does that mean i have to get her PCC from canada as well?She's in india right now...plz answer

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
I'm waiting for DM2. Pre-arrival services letter and 2nd medical received in April. Medical passed in April. There was a ghost update last week, but nothing after that. Today, I received the following email addressed by name:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) would like you to participate in a survey about your recent experience with your IRCC Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa) application.

We would like to get your thoughts on your recently refused Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa) application and the explanation provided in the Refusal Letter.

I never applied for any TRV nor did I receive any Refusal Letter. Did anyone else get such an email?
Just got another email that the previous email was sent in error.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hi, does anyone know if new PR parents are allowed to apply for GST HST credit? Does applying have any bearing on sponsor's financial obligations (10 years duration)?

Son gill

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello guys...do i need to provide original police clearance certificate from india for my parents? If yes then how do i do that?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello guys...my parents got asked to provide Police clearance..my mother was in canada on super visa for almost a year and it says you have to provide police clearance from all countries where residence was more than 6 months...does that mean i have to get her PCC from canada as well?She's in india right now...plz answer
There is no PCC from Canada. You may be asked to provide RCMP finger printing later. Better to collect PCCs from other countries.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi, does anyone know if new PR parents are allowed to apply for GST HST credit? Does applying have any bearing on sponsor's financial obligations (10 years duration)?
NO problem in getting GST/HST credit that happens after filing their tax.

konnichiwa12

Jan 2, 2018
Thanks for sharing. Almost there now. I just responded to email asking to confirm email address, address in Canada, first and latest entry and location of last entry. Guessing that the next step will be receiving a link to submit photo? Thanks.

GOOD NEWS, Email received today around 11 am portal request, sent information as requested, portal opened around 2:30 pm, submitted photos, address for PR card. All complete within 3-4 hrs today. Very happy day. Good luck everyone. Long wait is over.

Last edited:
Reactions: M4imran and Hamied

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi. Need suggestion about my mom. She is in Canada and visa extension expiring in July. Pre-arrival services letter received in April. 2nd medical also received and passed in April. There was one ghost update last week. Should I apply for another extension now or ask local MP for case status or just do both? Please share your experience/thoughts. Thanks. @laxsun @Red and Black @M4imran @hjstannum @caninfoseeker @myahya

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi. Need suggestion about my mom. She is in Canada and visa extension expiring in July. Pre-arrival services letter received in April. 2nd medical also received and passed in April. There was one ghost update last week. Should I apply for another extension now or ask local MP for case status or just do both? Please share your experience/thoughts. Thanks. @laxsun @Red and Black @M4imran @hjstannum @caninfoseeker @myahya
It is sure that your mom will get PR and it is taking time because of government inefficiency.
Does it cost a lot to apply for extension? If not, why not apply for peace of your mind.
Asking local MP may help. At least you will feel good if you try both.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
It is sure that your mom will get PR and it is taking time because of government inefficiency.
Does it cost a lot to apply for extension? If not, why not apply for peace of your mind.
Asking local MP may help. At least you will feel good if you try both.
Thanks @laxsun No it doesn't cost too much, I think it's $250/- I think we should apply anyway because I'm not sure what steps are remaining from now on. I mean, as long as the applicant is not a landed PR, the applicant has to have valid status i.e. either a valid visa or a visitor record/extension.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi friends, today called to ircc to get status updates. A very kind lady disclosed very stunning information regarding file journey. Started from CPC-M >london uk > Vancouver > London Ontario
Does any one got file transfered to London Ontario? Or agent made any error?
She said your file is complete, just waiting to be picked by officer to review.

Reactions: rockwidme