+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

amax

Jun 25, 2014
Good Evening folks,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the posters here. My parents finally got their passports stamped and will be doing their landing from India sometime in July.

I am once more requesting your help - what can I do to prepare for their arrival related to health cards, driving license etc, bank accounts? Can I start some of these things till the time they land?

Application Recd: June 19, 2019
AOR Recd: Jan 2020
Medicals: Nov 2021
PCC: Dec 2021
Additional Docs: Mar 2022
Passport Request: April 2022
Stamped and Returned: April 2022

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Good Evening folks,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the posters here. My parents finally got their passports stamped and will be doing their landing from India sometime in July.

I am once more requesting your help - what can I do to prepare for their arrival related to health cards, driving license etc, bank accounts? Can I start some of these things till the time they land?

Application Recd: June 19, 2019
AOR Recd: Jan 2020
Medicals: Nov 2021
PCC: Dec 2021
Additional Docs: Mar 2022
Passport Request: April 2022
Stamped and Returned: April 2022
Depending upon the province they will be residing, you can prepare for their arrival. I don't know anyone can suggest without knowing this info.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hello,

Got an update today on ecas that the PR application is now Decision Made. IRCC requested PCC a month ago.

Can anyone kindly advise if I should be expecting the passport request now? And how long before I receive that request?

I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel - its almost been three years since I applied.

Thank you.
Update: received the passport submission request as well. For submission of documents, do we just prepare the package and drop it off to the nearest VHS location, or do we need to book an appointment first at the VHS location? Anyone has any experience dealing with VHS in Pakistan.

Thanks.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Update: received the passport submission request as well. For submission of documents, do we just prepare the package and drop it off to the nearest VHS location, or do we need to book an appointment first at the VHS location? Anyone has any experience dealing with VHS in Pakistan.

Thanks.
Congratulations on receiving PPR. Hope everything goes well ahead.

Reactions: Red and Black

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
Hello friends
My parents 2nd medical done in july 2021 and all documents submitted to Ircc. Pre arrival letter received in october 2021. Still We are waiting PPR.
Any body can tell me what will be do next. PPR or again medical exam.
File PGP program 2019.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Last edited:

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
@rajkamalmohanram @laxsun

After a long long wait, finally we received the confirmation that my mother's application is almost ready. It seems IRCC has changed the rules for landing. If you are in Canada (say on work visa, visitor visa etc), you don't need to do the old landing formalities. You'll go through their PR portal process and upload photo etc. They would then send you the PR card at your Canadian address.

On the other hand, if you are outside Canada, they would let you know the process!

Have others received similar communication from IRCC?

Here is their verbatim:

Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card.
You need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf.
If you are a representative and receiving this message on behalf of a client, you must forward the message to your client.
Next steps:
 Reply to this email and confirm the email address you want to use.
 As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants. If you would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your reply to this email.
 In your reply to this email, copy and paste this template and fill in the information for yourself and for each member of your family. If you are not sure of the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate.
 Name:
 UCI:
 Email:(one for the whole family)
 Original entry date:
 Date of last time you entered Canada:
 Location where you last entered:
 Are you currently inside Canada:
 If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date:

If you are outside Canada:
If you are currently outside Canada, you cannot be landed using the PR Portal (PR Confirmation). It is important that you let us know by replying to this email. We can then ensure that you have any documents you might need to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident.

Reactions: laxsun and Hamied

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@rajkamalmohanram @laxsun

After a long long wait, finally we received the confirmation that my mother's application is almost ready. It seems IRCC has changed the rules for landing. If you are in Canada (say on work visa, visitor visa etc), you don't need to do the old landing formalities. You'll go through their PR portal process and upload photo etc. They would then send you the PR card at your Canadian address.

On the other hand, if you are outside Canada, they would let you know the process!

Have others received similar communication from IRCC?

Here is their verbatim:

Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card.
You need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf.
If you are a representative and receiving this message on behalf of a client, you must forward the message to your client.
Next steps:
 Reply to this email and confirm the email address you want to use.
 As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants. If you would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your reply to this email.
 In your reply to this email, copy and paste this template and fill in the information for yourself and for each member of your family. If you are not sure of the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate.
 Name:
 UCI:
 Email:(one for the whole family)
 Original entry date:
 Date of last time you entered Canada:
 Location where you last entered:
 Are you currently inside Canada:
 If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date:

If you are outside Canada:
If you are currently outside Canada, you cannot be landed using the PR Portal (PR Confirmation). It is important that you let us know by replying to this email. We can then ensure that you have any documents you might need to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident.
This PR portal or virtual landing has been going for sometime.
If your parents are not in Canada just send email or webform to the visa office.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Congratulations on receiving PPR. Hope everything goes well ahead.
Thank you. I appreciate all your assistance.

In the passport submission request, we are supposed to update an Appendix A which is an information chart. Should we only fill it with the details of the person whose passport is being requested, or would it be for all the immediate family members?

Reactions: morinda

arnagpaoa

Jun 18, 2019
PGP 2020 and 2021 are almost same , on fast track but 2019 is behind & affected always by Ukrain & Afghanistan crisis.
Why does this thing happen? I mean, we paid for processing fee and they didn't, yet it's taking so long for them to process our parents and grandparents which are waiting to be reunited with their loved ones as well. Come to think of it, already been 3 years, do they still have enough time to be with us? Frankly speaking they should consider the age of these parents and grandparents who paid for the processing fee to be with their loved ones.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Why does this thing happen? I mean, we paid for processing fee and they didn't, yet it's taking so long for them to process our parents and grandparents which are waiting to be reunited with their loved ones as well. Come to think of it, already been 3 years, do they still have enough time to be with us? Frankly speaking they should consider the age of these parents and grandparents who paid for the processing fee to be with their loved ones.
This is just ridiculous! I think we should collectively write to the minister.

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Just to share with others who asked about PR Card. My parents virtual landing was on April 14th, 2022, got eCOPR on April 19th, 2022. We received PR cards yesterday May 9th, 2022. So it was about 3 weeks for us. We are in Ontario.
Hi M4imran,
We just received an email asking for some info prior to sending us link for portal.
Could you please let me know what did you answer for: Location where you last entered? Port of entry or your parents current address?
TIA