+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

RguhsDUDE

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Parents Arrived at YVR April 17/2022.
Full time line as follows:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 17, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on September 22, 2021.
  3. We sent you a letter on February 10, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on February 18, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on July 22, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you medical instructions on July 22, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  8. We sent you correspondence on September 22, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  9. We sent you a letter on November 9, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  10. We sent you a letter on November 16, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  11. You entered Canada at the Vancouver International Airport office on April 16, 2022 and became a Permanent Resident.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hope someone will answer your query.
Most posters vanish from this thread once their parents land.
You may create another thread for PR Card timelines.
You are right - most people don't post when their parents received PR cards after landing. It would be helpful to get some info regarding this. Someone has just created a separate thread about this, and I posted my details there
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-timeline-airport-landing-or-physical-flagpole-only-2022.767242/

Reactions: laxsun

g_gurna

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Update for me
May 2nd, 2022 1st medical request for my parents and my brother
May 3rd, 2022 Pre-arrival letter
Brother already became PR on APRIL 13TH, 2022 under Economic class, updated his status already after that but IRCC still sent a medical request for him as well with parents. I believe he does not need to do medical exam. Anyone have any suggestions how to update IRCC other than webform, because I have already sent 2 webforms of his updated status.
June 18th, 2019 applicant.
Thanks
@robertp

Reactions: Hamied and laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Update for me
May 2nd, 2022 1st medical request for my parents and my brother
May 3rd, 2022 Pre-arrival letter
Brother already became PR on APRIL 13TH, 2022 under Economic class, updated his status already after that but IRCC still sent a medical request for him as well with parents. I believe he does not need to do medical exam. Anyone have any suggestions how to update IRCC other than webform, because I have already sent 2 webforms of his updated status.
June 18th, 2019 applicant.
Thanks
@robertp
You can call IRCC and discuss with the agent.
They may question why your brother's medical is not received when finalizing your parents' case.

Reactions: g_gurna

g_gurna

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
You can call IRCC and discuss with the agent.
They may question why your brother's medical is not received when finalizing your parents' case.
Yes, I will try my luck again today to talk to an agent on phone, Hopefully I connect with them. Otherwise I am going to send another webform about situation. Is there any other way to inform them?
Thank you

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Yes, I will try my luck again today to talk to an agent on phone, Hopefully I connect with them. Otherwise I am going to send another webform about situation. Is there any other way to inform them?
Thank you
Try early hours of eastern time. I don't know other way than sending webform and calling.

Reactions: g_gurna

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
What happened here, can someone please explain?

I got PPR request last month, my Mother (PA) is in Canada and my Dad (Dependent) in India. We initiated Virtual Landing process as mentioned in the PPR, but then I got a additional request from Delhi office, asking for Police Service Record document for my Dad, asking for details about his service. Now when I check ECas status, it now says "In progress", but when I checked after PPR, it had "Decision Made". For some reason, it has now gone backwards, after initiating Virtual Landing Process, where we had the invite to the portal and provided all the information. We have submitted the requested document but I'm not sure what this means, is this going to take another eons to get back to "Decision Made". PPR has expired and Virtual Landing portal just shows "In Review" and I have no idea, why our file is moving backwards?

Has any one experienced something similar, any suggestions\opinions\comments?

• Sad
Reactions: canada4life_pgp2019

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hello,

Got an update today on ecas that the PR application is now Decision Made. IRCC requested PCC a month ago.

Can anyone kindly advise if I should be expecting the passport request now? And how long before I receive that request?

I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel - its almost been three years since I applied.

Thank you.

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hello,

Got an update today on ecas that the PR application is now Decision Made. IRCC requested PCC a month ago.

Can anyone kindly advise if I should be expecting the passport request now? And how long before I receive that request?

I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel - its almost been three years since I applied.

Thank you.
yes you should get PPR now ... congrats!!!

Reactions: iliveinbanff

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Just to share with others who asked about PR Card. My parents got eCOPR on April 11th, 2022. We received PR cards yesterday May 12th, 2022. So it was about 3 weeks for us. We are in Ontario.
For those whose parents landed last few weeks/months at Pearson, how long did it take to get PR card, or still waiting for how long?
waiting since april 4th

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hello,

Thank you.
Many congratulations! Which visa office was your file in?