+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Yes, I was asked to resubmit a few documents ( schedule A, Travel history n all) back in October? November last year. Yes, Portal says Background check is in process.
Did you get request to re-submit anything before IRCC issued AoR? If not then your initial package was complete and your wait time accumulates since the day your package arrived in Ottawa.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Did you get request to re-submit anything before IRCC issued AoR? If not then your initial package was complete and your wait time accumulates since the day your package arrived in Ottawa.
No, I got this request after receiving the AoR.

I got ahold of MP's office today. Lets see what the outcome would be.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hello - I need some guidance:

I got a request to submit original Police Certificate, but the options available to submit the document is only electronically (either through webform or my cic account)

My question is do I need to submit the original to IRCC? Submitting electronically means that the document has to be scanned and by default wont be original. It will be a scanned copy of the original.

Perhaps I am reading too much into it but wanted to get thoughts of ppl. here.

Thank you.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello - I need some guidance:

I got a request to submit original Police Certificate, but the options available to submit the document is only electronically (either through webform or my cic account)

My question is do I need to submit the original to IRCC? Submitting electronically means that the document has to be scanned and by default wont be original. It will be a scanned copy of the original.

Perhaps I am reading too much into it but wanted to get thoughts of ppl. here.

Thank you.
Most of us have sent a scan copy of the original PCC.

Reactions: Red and Black

Juju2022

Apr 6, 2022
Hello everyone,
I am new to here and not sure how it all works.
So my story: I am sponsoring my mom and my brother as dependent child (since he has a particular situation).
  • application for permanent residence was received on June 27, 2019
  • They started processing application on September 20, 2021.
  • Medical instructions sent to us on October 27, 2021.
  • Medical was done on November 6, 2021,
  • On Nov 15th, we provided police certificates and additional forms requested.
  • Then they asked for another doctor's letter since my bother has a specific psychological condition. Which we provided at around Dec 6th.
  • Since then, no news....
I was wondering if anyone has seen cases like ours where the person being sponsored has medical conditions. I am worried that they reject the file after three years of waiting because of that OR because the medications cost exceeds their ceiling limit. In the letter they requested, they asked for a lot of detailed questions (ex: medications, history, what support he needs, etc).

Any ideas what could be our next step ? Thank you all!

Determined1

Jan 26, 2022
Hi, did anyone here submit have their parent sponsorship application sent to Accra and has got their application approved from the 2019 submission? I see that the processing time has been increased now to 32 months, and I'm wondering how this has affected Accra. Thanks.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Below is my timeline:
IRCC received the app in May 2019.
Started processing in August 2021.
Request for additional information in September 2019.
Request for updated information August 2021.
I'm at 34months now and still waiting...

Also, can anyone share details on how to contact the MP or Premier of Ontario's office? How do I escalate this? I am getting frustrated with the timelines
Y
Hi, did anyone here submit have their parent sponsorship application sent to Accra and has got their application approved from the 2019 submission? I see that the processing time has been increased now to 32 months, and I'm wondering how this has affected Accra. Thanks.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Below is my timeline:
IRCC received the app in May 2019.
Started processing in August 2021.
Request for additional information in September 2019.
Request for updated information August 2021.
I'm at 34months now and still waiting...

Also, can anyone share details on how to contact the MP or Premier of Ontario's office? How do I escalate this? I am getting frustrated with the timelines
Mine was submitted in May 2019, in process in April 2021. Since then, nothing! Several mails to AVO has yielded nothing.

Reactions: astro5

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. They just wana stay 1 week. If I keep the address for PR card delivery as before, it still would be ok, right?
They should be prepared to show that you are still living in Quebec and they have onward travel to Quebec. Proof of your residential address, proof that you are working in Quebec, your RAMQ cards, etc. would be some of the items that will
prove that you are still living in Quebec. If they are visiting other family temporarily they can show proof that they are not visiting their sponsors in Toronto.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
So my story: I am sponsoring my mom and my brother as dependent child (since he has a particular situation).
  • Then they asked for another doctor's letter since my bother has a specific psychological condition. Which we provided at around Dec 6th.
I was wondering if anyone has seen cases like ours where the person being sponsored has medical conditions. I am worried that they reject the file after three years of waiting because of that OR because the medications cost exceeds their ceiling limit. In the letter they requested, they asked for a lot of detailed questions (ex: medications, history, what support he needs, etc).

Your brother’s situation is being evaluated to see if he can be included in the PGP application. Since it isn’t a standard application there is no typical processing time. Unfortunately you’ll just need to be patient and wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did IRCC ask you to re-submit any form or documents a few months after you initially sent the package to Ottawa?
32 months counts from the day a 'complete' package is received. If they asked you to re-submit something due to incomplete info, you will have to deduct those months from your wait time. If not, you can count from the initial submission date.
Anyway this is what I learned through MP inquiry. In 2020 I contacted MP for the first time. IRCC told my MP that because I was asked to re-submit a form in Sep. 2019 (initial package received on Jun 12, 2019), my 'complete' application counts from Sep 2019 onwards.

What is your current status? Background check?
You have to contact your own MP that’s the whole point of having a riding. An MP from another riding isn’t going to contact IRCC on your behalf. Unless a situation related to Ukraine or Afghanistan IRCC isn’t taking most queries from MPs.

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hello everyone,

there are many cases in the past, family class as well, similar as your case. the dependent's medical condition makes those cases going on and on. if the medical cost exceed their limit, they may reject it. But better to get a final result and appeals than they keep silence for many years like other case.

Hope your case will be different, all you have to do is patient. Lets update us if any news.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
yes you can apply for health card as per the eligibility criteria listed on Apply for OHIP and get a health card | ontario.ca

she would fall under category "applied for PR" and she would need address proof and probably need to meet the residency requirement.

but even then it would be reviewed by a team leader or some senior person and they might give her a temporary health card, and then provide a permanent one as soon as she gets the PR
Hi, I applied for the OHIP card on the basis of Pre-Arrival Services letter but the Service Ontario officer said that OHIP is not issued on pre-arrival services letter. What I understood was that OHIP can be applied after DM2 or when the applicant's application has been approved. The officer did not use the word DM2 but he mentioned that you could apply for OHIP when the applicant receives the letter with their name on it and the letter says that you immigration has been approved. I opened a bank account for proof of address and would wait for DM2 and see if I get an approval letter along with the DM2.

Reactions: serious_cheese

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hi, I applied for the OHIP card on the basis of Pre-Arrival Services letter but the Service Ontario officer said that OHIP is not issued on pre-arrival services letter. What I understood was that OHIP can be applied after DM2 or when the applicant's application has been approved. The officer did not use the word DM2 but he mentioned that you could apply for OHIP when the applicant receives the letter with their name on it and the letter says that you immigration has been approved. I opened a bank account for proof of address and would wait for DM2 and see if I get an approval letter along with the DM2.
Thanks for sharing . This is interesting because the service ontario website states that you are eligible to apply if you have applied for PR and have been confirmed to meet all eligibility requirements and have not yet been denied. Its definitely a grey area.

When i had gone to apply, the only issue was that of address proof. The officer was ok with the letters that I had provided from IRCC which basically were indicative of all the progress so far (like request for PCC, request for additional doc) . But even then he said when I come back with address proof, it will be reviewed by a senior person and a temporary health card will be issued.

did some senior team lead, etc. review it ?

YANA KO

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi All,
After 3,5 years!!:mad:
:):):)I have great news - I have received the passport request letter which means we are finally moving to the end of the process. My parents from Germany ,therefore VISA no needed . Only 2 photos . Hope to see them landing in June.
BIG THANKS FOR SUPPORT AND VERY HELPFUL INFORMATION SHARED DURING THE LONG JOURNEY. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!