+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Lionhead

Apr 5, 2022
Just send an explanation letter to IRCC describing that your parents are not living in Canada.
This letter indicates that your parents were in Canada for some time. If that is not true, include that in the explanation letter.
@
Just send an explanation letter to IRCC describing that your parents are not living in Canada.
This letter indicates that your parents were in Canada for some time. If that is not true, include that in the explanation letter.
@YuliaYulia
Yes, I was asked to resubmit a few documents ( schedule A, Travel history n all) back in October? November last year. Yes, Portal says Background check is in process.
This is more of a request to send Biometrics, passport photos, passport and payment receipt of right of PR.
I am able to provide all request documents but uncertain on how to get a criminal record finger print sent to the RCMP when the applicants are not in Canada. @YuliaYulia

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM

RK.GK

Nov 1, 2016
Hi All,

I got request for submitting the Medicals for my parents and I did that already.

But then I got an email that i did not submit the Police clearance certificate yet, when i got the medicals request i did not get any request for Police clearance certificate. I replied to this email to resend the instructions to submit police clearance certificate, but i didnt get any response so far.

Based on the email i received, my Parents got the Police clearance certificate, does anyone know where or how to send the Police clearance certificate for application that is in process in Delhi, India?

Thanks,
Rk

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Whatt!!! Many congratulations. LVO?
Thanks! It is Mississauga.
I was going to write to my MP again... I was editing my draft email at 12am and planning to send it out next week...
Anyway, this process has been sooooo rocky and tricky. I totally get what you are feeling.
Try contacting a different MP, or the premier of your province as I saw in the Facebook PGP 2019 group that someone had their premier contact IRCC and their file got processed a few days later.
The last resort would be to get a lawyer to file mandamus - I even had a consultation booked with a lawyer tomorrow... now have to cancel.

astro5

Aug 16, 2021
Hi, did anyone here submit have their parent sponsorship application sent to Accra and has got their application approved from the 2019 submission? I see that the processing time has been increased now to 32 months, and I'm wondering how this has affected Accra. Thanks.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Below is my timeline:
IRCC received the app in May 2019.
Started processing in August 2021.
Request for additional information in September 2019.
Request for updated information August 2021.
I'm at 34months now and still waiting...

Also, can anyone share details on how to contact the MP or Premier of Ontario's office? How do I escalate this? I am getting frustrated with the timelines

Reactions: mintmint

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
guys, how long does it take to get gmcs note? I order twice, one on Oct 2021, one on Feb 2022.....received nothing till now

I am asking for MP's help, but turn out helpless

the Singapore VO seems dead, are they still working? anyone having application in this VO got update lately?

COVID excuses take the processing endlessssss and took my family's life into desperate
We recently received DM2 and PPR from Singapore VO but they are quite slow these days.

• Wow
Reactions: mintmint and laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi All,

I got request for submitting the Medicals for my parents and I did that already.

But then I got an email that i did not submit the Police clearance certificate yet, when i got the medicals request i did not get any request for Police clearance certificate. I replied to this email to resend the instructions to submit police clearance certificate, but i didnt get any response so far.

Based on the email i received, my Parents got the Police clearance certificate, does anyone know where or how to send the Police clearance certificate for application that is in process in Delhi, India?

Thanks,
Rk
Send PCC to following email for NDVO
delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca

Reactions: RK.GK and gst8486

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi All,

Thanks,
Rk
If your parents have a PCC that is not older than 1 year, you can submit it via Webform. Also, in the MyCIC portal, there should be an option to upload the PCC document, upload it there too. Before you upload on MyCIC, make sure you rename the PCC document (pdf file of JPEG) as PCC - Also sent via webform on (date). Also, email to delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca

In case the PCC was issued more than a year ago, it will not stand valid and you will be required to get a new one. Just book your appointment online with the passport office which serves your parent's city/ area. You don't need a letter to get a Police Clearance certificate from the Passport office in India.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
My MIL landed in Canada on 04-April. She had gotten a medical surveillance letter with code 2.02. That letter got processed during immigration, but they didn't return it to her. Anyone know the next steps? The original letter had said to visit a provincial/territorial health clinic within 30 days . Is there a list somewhere?
Congratulations on the landing of your mother-in-law! Regarding the medical surveillance letter with code 2.02, just download the copy from the MyCIC account, there should be a copy there. Code 2.02 is related to surveillance to ensure there is no spread of Tuberculosis (TB). The key is that you contact the local health authorities within 30 days to book an appointment with a TB prevention clinic/ physician. Nothing to worry though, whenever even a small minor spot shows up in x-ray for the chest, IRCC gets extra cautious (which is good) and they want to investigate if it's a benign TB that needs treatment. Most of the time these spots are unrelated and have nothing to do with any medical condition. More info is bailable on this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/medical-surveillance.html

One quick question for you? After receiving the medical surveillance letter, how much time it took to receive the passport request?

Last edited:

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Congratulations on the landing of your mother-in-law! Regarding the medical surveillance letter with code 2.02, just download the copy from the MyCIC account, there should be a copy there. Code 2.02 is related to surveillance to ensure there is no spread of Tuberculosis (TB). The key is that you contact the local health authorities within 30 days to book an appointment with a TB prevention clinic/ physician. Nothing to worry though, whenever even a small minor spot shows up in x-ray for the chest, IRCC gets extra cautious (which is good) and they want to investigate if it's a benign TB that needs treatment. Most of the time these spots are unrelated and have nothing to do with any medical condition.

One quick question for you? After receiving the medical surveillance letter, how much time it took to receive the passport request?
Thank you for the detailed response. After I posted, I found this link : Medical surveillance - Canada.ca . It states that we do not have to report to any health authority and we can disregard the time limit requirement. But instead, the health unit will contact me when they are ready and this could take a couple of months.

It took 1 week for passport request after the medical surveillance letter was issued