+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Will IRCC accept a PCC that is dated before they requested for PCC ? I read somewhere that they recommended not to get PCC before they request ?
There are ppl who submitted PCC with application. It is recommended to wait till requested, yes; but if they have an issue we can do another one. And logically, I don't see an issue, if its just a few weeks / month or so in advance. It would be concerning if it was more than 6 months or an year old for sure.
How long is my police certificate good for?
For the country or territory where you currently live, the certificate cannot be older than 6 months from the day you apply.

For any other country or territory where you’ve stayed for 6 or more months in a row, the certificate must have been issued after you left. You can use the certificate for your IEC application as long as you haven’t gone back to that country or territory.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
For me, it does show different address.
With my UCI it shows my Canadian address, and with my parent UCI, it shows her native country address.
Looks like IRCC is not consistent even in ecas updates :).
By any chance, is yours and parents address same in your application ?
Mine was different, but I put residence Canada and called and asked to change as my parent lives with me. And now it is the same

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
There are ppl who submitted PCC with application. It is recommended to wait till requested, yes; but if they have an issue we can do another one. And logically, I don't see an issue, if its just a few weeks / month or so in advance. It would be concerning if it was more than 6 months or an year old for sure.
OK, what option did you select for "Purpose for which PCC is required". Is it "Immigration purpose other than Citizenship" or "Residence Permit" ?

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
How long is my police certificate good for?
For the country or territory where you currently live, the certificate cannot be older than 6 months from the day you apply.

For any other country or territory where you’ve stayed for 6 or more months in a row, the certificate must have been issued after you left. You can use the certificate for your IEC application as long as you haven’t gone back to that country or territory.
Excellent! See highlighted below.

So if I understand correctly - I applied for PGP on April 30th (signature date on the forms). The PCC cannot be from a date more than 6 months ago from April 30th ? Correct?

@snganu FYI

Last edited:

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Will IRCC accept a PCC that is dated before they requested for PCC ? I read somewhere that they recommended not to get PCC before they request ?
I hope they give longer time than 30 days to get PCC otherwise may need to request the extension it PCC takes longer.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
I hope they give longer time than 30 days to get PCC otherwise may need to request the extension it PCC takes longer.
I can imagine...My parents lived in 3 cities in India and over 5 addresses (total) in these . If I select to get PCC through individual Police Stations; it ain't happening in 30days.

We also lived for a significant time in Libya. Thankfully a PCC is not required for former residents in Libya.

This India-wide PCC (same day if the addresses match) from Passport Seva is the best option it seems.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Slow progress today on conversion of "application received" to "in progress" for May 3.
Looks like I may have to wait till end of Aug for any status change.

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
did you put PA UIC or Dep. UIC?
you cant see other then Name if you login with Dep. UCI. try with PA UCI and you can see address.
Thank you @robertp for this info.

I have another problem with my applicaion. IRCC added some other person with same name and dob as a dependent to my father. Now, when I try to see ECAS using my mother (dependent) then it didn't show any thing. When I use the information of depended that IRCC added to my dad's application, it shows up the name and address of that person. This would help me to provide more information to IRCC, if required in future. However, they said they are working on this to fix this error.

Reactions: robertp

gayatri.kan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Agent from IRCC requested for my IMM5476 representative form and Biometric fees
I submitted both thru the webform
Today the same agent confirm thru the email that she received
I hope she is the one processing my file

Reactions: robertp

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
When it was requested and when it was submitted?

thanks....

yangshi1990

Jun 26, 2019
My application is received at May 2nd and still shows Application Received in eCAS for both sponsorship and permanent residence application... However i was able to link my application in CIC and see the file number in mid June... Is this wierd?

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Excellent! How long ago did you submit through webform?

I understand the fastest way is fax