+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ihg

May 9, 2019
You can apply india
Yulia-2016
Please update line 57, Biometrics request recieved today. For info parents have been in Canada for over a year on a supervisa and have thier own house here, gave the Canadian address in the application but still required to give biometrics. Looks like a trip to Helena, Montana as that's the nearest place to Calgary that we are able to give them.
ECAS still showing "application recieved 2nd May" but it's obviously being processed so I would take your ECAS status with a pinch of salt.
So this cancel out the theory of few people saying my parents in Canada and I don't need it , it is just a matter of time you may get the request right away or later but you have to do it

fjle

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Can you check ECAS by your parent UCI, which address is mentioned, as in my case it was mentioned back home address as residence address and I was advised to change it for not asking for biometrics. I am not sure, if this is right, but if we can see trend, then it will be useful information for applicants in Canada.
Parents home address on ECAS is showing as thier house in Calgary, seems like everyone will be required to give biometrics regardless of country of residence.

ihg

May 9, 2019
Yulia-2016
Please update line 57, Biometrics request recieved today. For info parents have been in Canada for over a year on a supervisa and have thier own house here, gave the Canadian address in the application but still required to give biometrics. Looks like a trip to Helena, Montana as that's the nearest place to Calgary that we are able to give them.
ECAS still showing "application recieved 2nd May" but it's obviously being processed so I would take your ECAS status with a pinch of salt.
Decision made in your case you will see ecas update tomorrow .

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Can you check ECAS by your parent UCI, which address is mentioned, as in my case it was mentioned back home address as residence address and I was advised to change it for not asking for biometrics. I am not sure, if this is right, but if we can see trend, then it will be useful information for applicants in Canada.
I just checked using my dad's uci and it didn't show address at all. But name of the applicant and status.

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Long shot but anyone sent their application and received mid June that was able to link their account?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Yes I checked that link after my comment. I was wrong.

But as some people suggested, there is still no option for PGP to do their biometrics in Canada. Later this year when they open it, all these applicant's probably have to do theirs
no worries, Yes that's correct, none in Canada for PGP as of now.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
I just checked using my dad's uci and it didn't show address at all. But name of the applicant and status.
Thats surprising. As you log into ecas, the very first thing on top is the address followed by a line with name and status. You mean to say the top "address box" is completely missing from your father's ecas or its empty ?

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Thats surprising. As you log into ecas, the very first thing on top is the address followed by a line with name and status. You mean to say the top "address box" is completely missing from your father's ecas or its empty ?
When I login using my UCI, I can see the Canadian address and email address then father's name and status for both my and my dad's application.

When I logged in using my dad's uci number, all I see is applicant's name (my dad's) and status. Address box is completely missing.

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
Same for me...no address box when I log in using applicant UCI.