+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Yulia-2016
Please update line 57, Biometrics request recieved today. For info parents have been in Canada for over a year on a supervisa and have thier own house here, gave the Canadian address in the application but still required to give biometrics. Looks like a trip to Helena, Montana as that's the nearest place to Calgary that we are able to give them.
ECAS still showing "application recieved 2nd May" but it's obviously being processed so I would take your ECAS status with a pinch of salt.
Looks like movement for May02/03 this week and next. May 06th should follow in the next 2weeks or so

Reactions: snganu

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Same for me...no address box when I log in using applicant UCI.
For me, it does show different address.
With my UCI it shows my Canadian address, and with my parent UCI, it shows her native country address.
Looks like IRCC is not consistent even in ecas updates :).
By any chance, is yours and parents address same in your application ?

Yiming59

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Interesting @nonamejustfame @seehat_inder
See links in signature below. I see full India address when I log-in using PA (my fathers) details...

I don't think it means much...don't panic
Did you put his india address as residential address or mailing address or both? Cuz I put my parent's china address as residential address ONLY and my address as the mailing address, but it still shows their china address, this kinda worries me...

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
For me, it does show different address.
With my UCI it shows my Canadian address, and with my parent UCI, it shows her native country address.
Looks like IRCC is not consistent even in ecas updates :).
By any chance, is yours and parents address same in your application ?
Correct, I kept my Canadian address as mailing address as well as PA's residential address

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Did you put his india address as residential address or mailing address or both? Cuz I put my parent's china address as residential address ONLY and my address as the mailing address, but it still shows their china address, this kinda worries me...
Both.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
For India peeps...

Anyone arranging PCC via the Passport Seva Services? It's brilliant; sitting here I booked an appointment for my parents for 15th of this month. Looks like an India wide PCC specific for Canadian Immigration is issued for Rs 500 (< $10 CAD).

Seems like same day, if the passport address matches the residential address. Hellooooo e-Governance!

https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink?request_locale=en#

PCC is an inevitability. We will have it in the back pocket and will submit it the day it's requested.

Reactions: skFSW and raj_g

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
For India peeps...

Anyone arranging PCC via the Passport Seva Services? It's brilliant; sitting here I booked an appointment for my parents for 15th of this month. Looks like an India wide PCC specific for Canadian Immigration is issued for Rs 500 (< $10 CAD).

Seems like same day, if the passport address matches the residential address.

https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink?request_locale=en#

PCC is an inevitability. We will have it in the back pocket and will submit it the day it's requested.
Yes, passport services has vastly improved in India over the years. Are you planning to do PCC in advance, or you have already received request from IRCC ?

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Will IRCC accept a PCC that is dated before they requested for PCC ? I read somewhere that they recommended not to get PCC before they request ?
There are ppl who submitted PCC with application. It is recommended to wait till requested, yes; but if they have an issue we can do another one. And logically, I don't see an issue, if its just a few weeks / month or so in advance. It would be concerning if it was more than 6 months or an year old for sure.

Last edited: