+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

lynne197910

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Had a question on Family Size. I am sponsoring only my Mom. My dad WILL NOT be accompanying her to Canada. He is not well and cannot travel.
I have one child. So the family size is:
Myself+My Spouse+My Child+My Mom+My Dad (Although he will not accompany her)?

I read through all documentation and the guide clearly states that PA Spouse should be calculated in Family Size even if NOT accompanying?

Can you confirm? What are your thoughts?
Correct

YourMama

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
@YULIA-2016
Please add my entry. Thank you.

Sponsored people : 1
Parents Country of Citizenship :Kazakhstan
Prov. : BC
Invition Receive Date : Apr 25, 2019
Application Received by CIC: April 29, 2019
Ecas status "Application Received": April 29, 2019
myCIC account : "we are processing your application...", linked on June 25

Reactions: YULIA-2016

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
You can apply for OHIP with photo ID card as well, though not sure what is the turn around on that.
bank acc is free :rolleyes:

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
@YULIA-2016, please correct me if I am wrong, but I feel the tracker has only two real AoR's - one for @karthikramda and one for @redmonkey1995. Others (@DC1018, @ikarib, @seehat_inder, @gayatri.kan and @chandra415) may likely have misinterpreted application "in process / received"as AoR. We know for sure, and @chandra415 has him/herself confirmed that s/he misinterpreted application received as AoR in earlier posts.

I am not accusing anyone (and these members could very well have actual AoR's), but kindly request a cleanup on tracker and / or reconfirmation of this from the 4 members specifically:

@DC1018,
@ikarib,
@seehat_inder,
@gayatri.kan

Regards & Thanks
Just confirming, I never said I received AOR, I clearly said i did not receive any AOR. I was only able to get the ECAS update and able to link the application to my cic account.

@zeiesfirdaus @YULIA-2016

Thanks
Chandra

Reactions: robertp

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
what was your successful search criteria?
what do you key in for question on how many family member are part of application?

I have been trying to link application in My "myCIC" account. I have tried with following but no luck
a) Family name, Given Name and DOB - mine (sponsor)
b) Family name, Given Name and DOB - my father(Principal applicant)
c) UCI and Family name - mine
here we discuss to Link application to myCIC account how many family member we count :

to link application in myCIC we don't need to count kids.
General formula is [Sponsor person + if co signer] (no kids) + [PA +if Dep]

In my case when i link application to myCIC i did not count kids. and its work.
  • when i enter 4+2= 6 No application found
  • when i enter 2+2 = 4 i can link application. (kids not count)
Thanks for sharing. if my wife didn't co sign, should I put 3 or 4, in your example.

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
AOR will not be issued to anyone before june 28
@YULIA-2016, please correct me if I am wrong, but I feel the tracker has only two real AoR's - one for @karthikramda and one for @redmonkey1995. Others (@DC1018, @ikarib, @seehat_inder, @gayatri.kan and @chandra415) may likely have misinterpreted application "in process / received"as AoR. We know for sure, and @chandra415 has him/herself confirmed that s/he misinterpreted application received as AoR in earlier posts.

I am not accusing anyone (and these members could very well have actual AoR's), but kindly request a cleanup on tracker and / or reconfirmation of this from the 4 members specifically:

@DC1018,
@ikarib,
@seehat_inder,
@gayatri.kan

Regards & Thanks
no AORs had been issued till date for PGP 2019 as most of will start seeing the AOR after june 28! again am very much interested in seeing an AOR even from the member who was rejected! Again i will repeat there are no AORs sent until today for PGP 2019! Argue the two members krtika and redmonkey to plz share the AOR email to prove me wrong!

Reactions: hnsh0039

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013

@DC1018,
@ikarib,
@seehat_inder,
@gayatri.kan

Regards & Thanks
What is wrong with my entry buddy? All looks good to me. It is matching with information in my signature.

BTW, I do not like wrong information in the sheet....I am kinda psycho in that way... :) ...you can get the idea from the details I have in my signature. I like neat and clean... :)

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019

no AORs had been issued till date for PGP 2019 as most of will start seeing the AOR after june 28! again am very much interested in seeing an AOR even from the member who was rejected! Again i will repeat there are no AORs sent until today for PGP 2019! Argue the two members krtika and redmonkey to plz share the AOR email to prove me wrong!
See post from @seehat_inder above

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019

AORs will be issued according to EOI timelines and will start flowing in after june 28! untill than sit back and relax!

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
What is wrong with my entry buddy? All looks good to me. It is matching with information in my signature.
Nothing wrong, just reconfirming. There are a few in the tracker who have AoR incorrectly reported. Wishing you a speedy process forward...

See post #12139 above re: one such error...

JamesYoyo

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@YULIA-2016 Hi Yulia, new update came today!
After death certificate of my dad was requested on June 10, today I got email from CIC Mississauga requesting for my mom's CV/PCC/Household Register (Hukou) for chinese citizen. Still no AOR nor able to link myCIC account.

Thanks!