+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
with your theory how come @karthikramda and @redmonkey1995 Decision made without AoR? any many others have In process application under Ecas. !!!!
Based on last few exchanges, it is clear to me that there are only two real cases where decision has been made (with / without AoR); unless the others can show proof. They should be no issues supplying a screenshot with all identification information redacted...I would have gladly done that if requested.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
all
i can say some people are here for fun! nothing serious for them killin time! TC
So @ayaan2019, given that you have inside information as your brother is a Case Officer, could you have him verify, and / or correct (where required) the process below? Possible? This will be the most useful thing to all members in this forum. This will be your legacy!

Based on my last call with CIC agent (I called again as I wanted to get the Temporary "Prospect File" Number), he described the following process of getting the file to ECAS. He was surprisingly acquainted with the process...
  1. CIC Receives the Application
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this, and is based purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on same date the application is received. Based on current trends it is taking at least 4-6 weeks.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change (i.e the X before the actual application number will be removed by the CO). There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p) Application received Stage in ECAS, if activated. In the past few pages this has been unofficially christened as the "Crazy Intern Theory" by members.
  5. In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created). The active part was partially incorrect info by previous agent. New agent has confirmed that the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. Please note that even if you didn't supply UCI info CIC is able to link the application to the UCI. This may or may not hold true for everybody and remains to be seen
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (The first come first serve theory is now confirmed based on trends, unless the "crazy intern theory" takes precedence, which has happened in a few cases.
  7. (Emerging Trend: Every CO seems to have a different speed at which s/he processes the application....steps 8 to 12)
  8. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS. As of today, current lead time to get to this stage is anywhere between 10-12 weeks (and increasing as more and more applications come through) for most people. Refer Tracker.
  9. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  10. With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  11. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS?
  12. Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.
  13. Emerging trends based on @YamPower 's case:
  • If one has missed sending forms / signatures etc. the CO's are requesting this information as opposed to outright rejection of application.
  • Once additional documents are requested, one has 30 days to submit these
  • Wait for the request from the CO to submit additional / missing documents before sending a new application all over again
  • CIC is offering no leniency on the minimum income requirement. Refer @karthikramda case.
Additional info:
  • eCAS often lags behind actual AoR email or myCIC.
  • In some case people have been able to link their myCIC with the Temporary File number (remove the "x") while no update is being seen on eCAS. Again, only possible if Step 8 has happened.
Bottom line, no need to panic, as there are lots of variations along the basic trend. It will take at minimum 10-12 weeks from the date the Application is received by CIC. Even longer, if the applications are received in Ottawa closer to the June 28th date given the additional burden on CIC with a rush of applications.

Reactions: prontissimo

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
If I got my AOR I will screenshot and post it here right away. So far no AOR yet for me. I just successfully linked the application today.
I get your point guys for me I won’t believe too unless somebody shows screenshot of AOR and just hide the personal details :rolleyes:

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
If I got my AOR I will screenshot and post it here right away. So far no AOR yet for me. I just successfully linked the application today.
I get your point guys for me I won’t believe too unless somebody shows screenshot of AOR and just hide the personal details :rolleyes:
agreed

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
I don't think anyone has this kind of time to waste.
This guy's claim sounds promising as I also haven't seen a proof with AOR email...also as soon an AOR is sent , sooner then latter, there is second line adds in ecas that says "We have sent an acknowledgement of receipt on so and so date" ...I haven't heard anyone confirming this second line on ecas ..

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
This guy's claim sounds promising as I also haven't seen a proof with AOR email...also as soon an AOR is sent , sooner then latter, there is second line adds in ecas that says "We have sent an acknowledgement of receipt on so and so date" ...I haven't heard anyone confirming this second line on ecas ..
@redmonkey1995 who is SA had sent following comment
"Finally received AOR in email, so the myth that they will not send AOR after linking to myCIC is not true!!! eCAS status also changed to IN PROCESS"

@redmonkey1995 can you share AoR email after blurring important information?

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
So @ayaan2019, given that you have inside information as your brother is a Case Officer, could you have him verify, and / or correct (where required) the process below? Possible? This will be the most useful thing to all members in this forum. This will be your legacy!

Based on my last call with CIC agent (I called again as I wanted to get the Temporary "Prospect File" Number), he described the following process of getting the file to ECAS. He was surprisingly acquainted with the process...
  1. CIC Receives the Application
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this, and is based purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on same date the application is received. Based on current trends it is taking at least 4-6 weeks.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change (i.e the X before the actual application number will be removed by the CO). There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p) Application received Stage in ECAS, if activated. In the past few pages this has been unofficially christened as the "Crazy Intern Theory" by members.
  5. In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created). The active part was partially incorrect info by previous agent. New agent has confirmed that the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. Please note that even if you didn't supply UCI info CIC is able to link the application to the UCI. This may or may not hold true for everybody and remains to be seen
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (The first come first serve theory is now confirmed based on trends, unless the "crazy intern theory" takes precedence, which has happened in a few cases.
  7. (Emerging Trend: Every CO seems to have a different speed at which s/he processes the application....steps 8 to 12)
  8. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS. As of today, current lead time to get to this stage is anywhere between 10-12 weeks (and increasing as more and more applications come through) for most people. Refer Tracker.
  9. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  10. With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  11. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS?
  12. Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.
  13. Emerging trends based on @YamPower 's case:
  • If one has missed sending forms / signatures etc. the CO's are requesting this information as opposed to outright rejection of application.
  • Once additional documents are requested, one has 30 days to submit these
  • Wait for the request from the CO to submit additional / missing documents before sending a new application all over again
  • CIC is offering no leniency on the minimum income requirement. Refer @karthikramda case.
Additional info:
  • eCAS often lags behind actual AoR email or myCIC.
  • In some case people have been able to link their myCIC with the Temporary File number (remove the "x") while no update is being seen on eCAS. Again, only possible if Step 8 has happened.
Bottom line, no need to panic, as there are lots of variations along the basic trend. It will take at minimum 10-12 weeks from the date the Application is received by CIC. Even longer, if the applications are received in Ottawa closer to the June 28th date given the additional burden on CIC with a rush of applications.
am seeing him tomorrow will for sure show this to him and lets see what opinion hes got on this one! get back to you by tomorrow

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
when we Link to MyCIC account we can see PA UCI / File # and spon
bro my brother is VO lol! so i knw better than you what an AOR is lol! anyhow when u r ready to share it just do it
after link to MyCIC account applicant can see PA file # start with "F"

We can see
Applicant information

• Principal Applicant: PA full Name
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): PA UCI
  • Application number: PA File # start with F and 9 digit #.
  • Date Received: Date received application
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
    • Expiry Date:
View Dependents
Dependent full name and UCI #

Many application is "in Process" without AoR. and requesting missing documents /fees etc.

Myself not received any AoR email - only got email when i link PA application to myCIC./ But application process is ongoing as per tracker.

mkundu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
@YULIA-2016
Please add my entry. Thank you.

Sponsored people : 1
Parents Country of Citizenship :India
Prov. : ON
Invition Receive Date : Apr 26, 2019
Application Received by CIC: May 2, 2019
Ecas status "Application Received": June 12th 2019
myCIC account : Unable to link.

How are you seeing you application status, please help. I am using my details and it says cant find details

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
when we Link to MyCIC account we can see PA UCI / File # and spon

after link to MyCIC account applicant can see PA file # start with "F"

We can see
Applicant information

• Principal Applicant: PA full Name
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): PA UCI
  • Application number: PA File # start with F and 9 digit #.
  • Date Received: Date received application
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
    • Expiry Date:
View Dependents
Dependent full name and UCI #

Many application is "in Process" without AoR. and requesting missing documents /fees etc.

Myself not received any AoR email - only got email when i link PA application to myCIC./ But application process is ongoing as per tracker.
like i said before in process not equals an AOR ,documents can be requested by the team that helps in sorting out complete applications as they have a list according to which they go but these people are not commisioned by IRCC i mean they are not visa officers working under oath and AOR are only issued after an VO has gone through the file and found it to be complete