+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello - I have received my parents photo from India as per guidelines but that don't have stamp of photographer on it. I am wondering should I send the application without stamp on photos? Would CIC accept the photos without stamp on back of it? If not, any suggestion on what can I do?
Get the studio info and write them accordingly. This writing suppose to be done by photographer.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Back then for the 2018 PGP, it took 3 months for some to get AOR. Can't picture how 2019 PGP sponsors will react if they had to also wait 3 months.
Badly. That's why many are calling IRCC everyday. But it looks like IRCC is getting used to fielding their calls now.

hopevn018

Aug 10, 2018
Hello, I have a question on income requirement dedicate to my case. I hope that any expert here can help me. Thank you so much

This year 2019, I start my application to sponsor only my mom. My family's background is:
I am single, my mom was divorced (no dependent). So my income to sponsor her obviously including me, my mom. Totally 2.
My income satisfy that requirement in three years of-course: 2018, 2017, 2016.

Besides, what if I want to sponsor my dad(no dependent) for the next year round (2020). My incomes in 2018, 2017, 2016 are only enough for 2. But my income in 2019 is higher and it is enough for 3. So can I start to sponsor my dad in 2020 or I have to wait for the next 3 years (until 2022) which I reach 3 person income in the whole previous 3 years (2019, 2020, 2021) to able to sponsor him?

Thank you so much

kwinkal

Star Member
Nov 23, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I have received Invitation to apply on Apr 24 and submitted application on May 10. Yet to receive any update from CIC and I cant even link application to account. Is this normal?

Also my parents has been living with me since Jun 2016 on super visa but recently went to USA to visit My dad's sister. They will be back to Canada on Jul 8. I have paid biometrics fees but do they need to give bimetrics since they have been in Canada for last 2 years? Can we give Biometrics in Canada? Please help.

Kwinkal

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hello, I have a question on income requirement dedicate to my case. I hope that any expert here can help me. Thank you so much

This year 2019, I start my application to sponsor only my mom. My family's background is:
I am single, my mom was divorced (no dependent). So my income to sponsor her obviously including me, my mom. Totally 2.

Besides, what if I want to sponsor my dad(no dependent) for the next year round (2020). My incomes in 2018, 2017, 2016 are only enough for 2. But my income in 2019 is higher and it is enough for 3. So can I start to sponsor my dad in 2020 or I have to wait for the next 3 years (until 2022) which I reach 3 person income in the whole previous 3 years (2019, 2020, 2021) to able to sponsor him?

Thank you so much
Any time IF you meet family size of 3 means 2017-3,2018-3,2019-3,2020-3

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017

Thank you so much
You have to wait for the next 3 years (until 2022) when you reach the income required for 3 persons in the previous 3 years (2019, 2020, 2021) to able to sponsor your father.

ihg

May 9, 2019

Thank you so much
You can not sponsor any one this year , your father need to be included for Income purposes . Don't waste your money and some one spot for sending the application bound to be reject

Logmein

Jan 8, 2019
Hello Folks, In Generic application form for applicant, (question 2- have you used any other name alias.).. is it ok to fill the entries using multiple prints...Example my mothers maiden name and married name

although the names are same they have a letter missing in one as compared to another, thus it is coming to
Maiden name -
Spelling 1
Spelling 2

Married Name
Spelling 2 - as spelling one is already part of the main form.

Can I just fill the section and attach as 2 prints to the same form.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
You can not sponsor any one this year , your father need to be included for Income purposes . Don't waste your money and some one spot for sending the application bound to be reject
Hmm I just read the original post more carefully. Poster said 'Mom was divorced (no dependents)'. I thought if the parents are divorced and have papers to prove it, then you can sponsor one of the two parents at a time? I am not sure though

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hmm I just read the original post more carefully. Poster said 'Mom was divorced (no dependents)'. I thought if the parents are divorced and have papers to prove it, then you can sponsor one of the two parents at a time? I am not sure though
yeah.. sounds like a loophole!
if they are divorced he doesn't need to sponsor both of them on one go...

Reactions: nayr69sg

maica1x

Jan 9, 2014
Hi there, we got an invitation to apply and are doing it this week. My mother on a German passport is here in canada visiting me on a regular visa, we already extended once and that time is up end of August - so in total a year. Will she be allowed to stay in country whilst the sponsorship is underway? I dont want her to leave if she doesnt have to. And if she is, I assume I will need to pay another $100 to extend the visitor visa with the sponsorship as the reason? Thanks

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Reactions: danny_scars

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sponsor-my-father-or-my-mother.177171/

You can read this thread. Looks like no one is really sure. Also it seems some think you need to meet income requirements for BOTH father and mother ie 2 persons plus yourself and family even if you are only going to sponsor One of them.
even if they are divorced though?? interesting.. i will check this out as i am on the same boat - difference being my mom and i haven't heard from my dad in over 20 years and i did send an LOE explicitly saying we would never sponsor him here as we have no idea of his whereabouts...

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi there, we got an invitation to apply and are doing it this week. My mother on a German passport is here in canada visiting me on a regular visa, we already extended once and that time is up end of August - so in total a year. Will she be allowed to stay in country whilst the sponsorship is underway? I dont want her to leave if she doesnt have to. And if she is, I assume I will need to pay another $100 to extend the visitor visa with the sponsorship as the reason? Thanks
she can only stay for as long as her visa is valid. if she gets a successful extension, yes - but if not she has to go back.
there is no "implied status" for PGP applicants...

Reactions: hallieliu