+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Yes. Lot of people who areactive or visitor also dont have their info in the tracking.

And I dont believe IRCC invite 27000 sponsors. They said they will invite enough people so that the can make their 20000 target
IRCC has already invited everyone (26.6k). This has been fully documented / discussed and validated in the earlier posts. Calculations are based on invitation numbers per alphabet / number.

See here, again https://ibb.co/xGTZbwG

Also read my theory in post 7382 (pg 493) on why IRCC won't even get 20k complete application inspite of sending ~26.6k invites

Last edited:

jas89

May 1, 2019
For all those trying to link the application on GCKey:

Use this approach, it does not require any additional information from CIC. You just need the information that you already filled in the forms (I was able to find mine today using this approach). If your file is in the system you will be able to find it.

Select Category: Permanent Residence
Select Sub-Category: Family Class (Parent and grandparent)

For Application Detail Select: Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth
Note: You need to put principal applicant's details here

For Applicant's Personal Details Select: Place of Birth

For Other Application Information:

Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada?

Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application

For number of family members, the calculation is
your parents + you (sponsor) + co signer (if applicable), ignore kids in this count
e.g if you are sponsoring both parents and have a co-signer, the calculation is 2+1+1 = 4

Note:
Make sure the information is exactly the same as what you filled on forms, use scan copy of the forms you sent, if you have one. Form IMM 0008 has all the information that is required.

If you can't find your application using this information, your file is not in the system yet. You will have to wait, getting a temporary file number or anything else can't help you. Be patient, wait a couple of days and then try again

GOOD LUCK!! linking your application.
Very Helpful!!!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
well there is demand and supply lol
yeah and money grows on trees.

I find it hard to believe that people can be fooled by politicians saying they are going to create social welfare programs to STIMULATE the economy. (BTW it's the same as saying create more government jobs to give the economy a boost)

Where does the money to pay for these programs and new government jobs come from? Taxes?

Well if there are no increases in private sector jobs, then the taxes are coming from government employees paid by the government using tax money which comes from where????

Talk about PONZI schemes. LOL!

Jolly1234

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if applicable) must prove that you have enough income to support all the persons you’ll be financially responsible for, including yourself, once you become a sponsor.

For all intents and purposes it is the COMBINED income that is looked at.

yes that's true. But if anyone sponsor parents means he or she need to show last 3 year income right. Co signer is different story.
But you are saying those who r unemployed can sponsor parent. Is it true?

it is written that---
"To prove you meet the income requirement, you must provide your Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the last 3 taxation years before you apply."

Jolly1234

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
yes that's true. But if anyone sponsor parents means he or she need to show last 3 year income right. Co signer is different story.

it is written that---
"To prove you meet the income requirement, you must provide your Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the last 3 taxation years before you apply."
if anyone unemployed but spouse is employed, in that case unemployed person can sponsor parents????

Netesteph

Jan 31, 2019
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-millions-of-canadians-cant-reach-federal-government-on-the-phone/
This may report by Auditor-General was quite relevant...

In any event, I feel, today we (myself included) are straying from the essence of this thread. Let's not carry this forward, least this one gets deleted too. I noticed that the year old 2018 PGP thread is just 800 or so pages. We have already crossed 630 and haven't even touched the application deadline date as yet.

The "Silence is Golden" post earlier was relevant, though I couldn't help giggle on the irony of that post itself...
Nothing ironic, it’s very simple, save us all excessive reading by responding to posts people “feel” are unimportant and irritating, with insults. The point was stop insulting people..”idiots, nuisance, etc” it isn’t necessary if you MUST respond. We are all adults here, I think we can express ourselves accordingly and maturely. There was not a single insult in my post. Nothing ironic about it! Moving on...in silence!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017

it is written that---
Even if you are unemployed and have earned NO INCOME you should still file taxes.

https://help.hrblockonline.ca/hc/en-ca/articles/115002250107-What-if-I-didn-t-have-any-income-

I tried answering your question twice, even sent link for evidence.

Ok seriously, I was just pulling your leg. Yeah sorry you don't qualify to sponsor your parent because you are unemployed and didnt file tax returns. Too bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: danny_scars

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Nothing ironic, it’s very simple, save us all excessive reading by responding to posts people “feel” are unimportant and irritating, with insults. The point was stop insulting people..”idiots, nuisance, etc” it isn’t necessary if you MUST respond. We are all adults here, I think we can express ourselves accordingly and maturely. There was not a single insult in my post. Nothing ironic about it! Moving on...in silence!