31-08-2019 (Updated PCC Req.)
AOR Received.
31-12-2018
File Transfer...
13-03-2019 (FT), 22-03-2019 (AOR2)
Med's Request
16-01-2019 (Bio Req), 17-01-2019 (Med Req),
Med's Done....
31-01-2019 (Medical Done), 06-02-2019 (Bio Done), PCC submitted with application
me (sponsor)..Dad (PA) Mom (Dep)... file received by "steve' on June 6th ~~9:30 am ish...

1. Whose UCI should be used for ECAS update? I cant see anything yet on either of the UCI's... timeline for ECAS atleast??
2. My parents have their own UCI from Visitors Visa.
3. Nothing shows in My (sponsor's) UCI yet.
4. Approx timeline for AOR (if not returned-fingers crossed)
5. App was signed May 15th 2019.. i sent the forms with previous versions --- anyone else on the same boat?
6. i have 3 apps in progress ---(a) Citizenship (b) Spousal Sponsorship and (c) hopefully Parents Sponsorship (untill AOR is received)
7. All 3 apps have TORONTO(ON) address ... i recently Moved to SURREY(BC).... i updated the address(es) with (a) and (b) ... what happens to my PGP app????

Any comments for the above points are appreciated... thanks in advance...
If nothing shows under your UCI the file is still not in the system, you will have to wait for a couple of weeks

Refer to post #9482, i have detailed how you can find the application

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Very valid question, but if I may ask, why worried abt AOR email ?

I mean myCIC = real time updates & linking application = generally a reflection that one is savvy and is keeping a close eye on the process.
I understood that there is a notification (via email) every time there is an update in myCIC. No?
I get it that people want to be on top of things. Anxiety is often a mismatch of EXPECTATION VS REALITY.

We should all know there are certain timeframes for things. Eg if you have a fractured Tibia, you don't keep asking your doctor if you can walk everyday.

We don't go asking the airport or airlines whether flight XYZ has landed yet after if just took off from Bombay.

The timelines for processing for IRCC is in months. Not weeks. Not days. Not ONE month either.

BE PATIENT.

Also you can get prepared but you don't need to have ALL the details of the next steps. After all by the time it comes to your turn, there may be changes to the requirements and process. (See the recent change in forms that got everyone scrambling). This only serves to WORSEN your anxiety, because you thought you got everything set in stone and then the forms change and ruins your expectations.

BE PATIENT.

Remember if you are feeling anxious, check if your situation has surpassed the REALITY in timelines for processing. If it is not, then it is your EXPECTATIONS that need to be reigned in.

Last edited:

Ehaskhu

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
Very valid question, but if I may ask, why worried abt AOR email ?

I mean myCIC = real time updates & linking application = generally a reflection that one is savvy and is keeping a close eye on the process.
I understood that there is a notification (via email) every time there is an update in myCIC. No?
You are right ... just wanted to be sure that everything okay in the application.. thats why we all share our experiences here at this forum..

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I think IRCC should charge for calls made to the call centre. I don't want to see my tax paying for answering unnecessary calls. We could use some of that funding to pay for more CASE OFFICERS who do actual processing that can improve overall timelines rather than on agents on the phone calming people down.

The problem with having more and more calls is that the call center agents will tell their bosses they are overwhelmed with calls. People making calls will complain that wait times are too long and ridiculous. So what will IRCC do? They will hire more call center agents, thus robbing funds from hiring CASE OFFICERS.

So this whole abuse of the call center has to stop.

Who agrees?

Reactions: danny_scars

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some quick stats as of now:

Applications in Tracker = 190

AoR's = 4 or 2.1%
eCAS (In Process/App Received) = 23 or 12.10%

Total days Apr 24 - June 28 = 66
Days (Past incl Today/Remaining) =
45/21
Make me wonder if the other 26000 something know about the existence of this forum.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think IRCC should charge for calls made to the call centre. I don't want to see my tax paying for answering unnecessary calls. We could use some of that funding to pay for more CASE OFFICERS who do actual processing that can improve overall timelines rather than on agents on the phone calming people down.

The problem with having more and more calls is that the call center agents will tell their bosses they are overwhelmed with calls. People making calls will complain that wait times are too long and ridiculous. So what will IRCC do? They will hire more call center agents, thus robbing funds from hiring CASE OFFICERS.

Who agrees?
Well the bright side is it stimulates the economy, create more jobs.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I get it that people want to be on top of things. Anxiety is often a mismatch of EXPECTATION VS REALITY.

We should all know there are certain timeframes for things. Eg if you have a fractured Tibia, you don't keep asking your doctor if you can walk everyday.

We don't go asking the airport or airlines whether flight XYZ has landed yet after if just took off from Bombay.

The timelines for processing for IRCC is in months. Not weeks. Not days. Not ONE month either.

BE PATIENT.

Also you can get prepared but you don't need to have ALL the details of the next steps. After all by the time it comes to your turn, there may be changes to the requirements and process. (See the recent change in forms that got everyone scrambling). This only serves to WORSEN your anxiety, because you thought you got everything set in stone and then the forms change and ruins your expectations.

BE PATIENT.

Remember if you are feeling anxious, check if your situation has surpassed the REALITY in timelines for processing. If it is not, then it is your EXPECTATIONS that need to be reigned in.
Well put. For my case, I told my wife, if everything goes well, their process should finalized by Dec 2020. I am not going to ask them to cone in winter, so realistically I can expect them to see in summer 2021. Now if things moved faster, that's good.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Make me wonder if the other 26000 something know about the existence of this forum.
Yes. Lot of people who areactive or visitor also dont have their info in the tracking.

And I dont believe IRCC invite 27000 sponsors. They said they will invite enough people so that the can make their 20000 target

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019

Who agrees?
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-millions-of-canadians-cant-reach-federal-government-on-the-phone/
This may report by Auditor-General was quite relevant...

In any event, I feel, today we (myself included) are straying from the essence of this thread. Let's not carry this forward, least this one gets deleted too. I noticed that the year old 2018 PGP thread is just 800 or so pages. We have already crossed 630 and haven't even touched the application deadline date as yet.

The "Silence is Golden" post earlier was relevant, though I couldn't help giggle on the irony of that post itself...

Reactions: nayr69sg

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Yes. Lot of people who areactive or visitor also dont have their info in the tracking.

And I dont believe IRCC invite 27000 sponsors. They said they will invite enough people so that the can make their 20000 target
They invites every one that sucessfully submitted the IOR BUT similar to last years, a sizable numbers of people actually not eligible or do not proceed to application stage due to fee etc

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
is it true?
Sponsor can b unemployed?? it is clearly mentioned that sponsor need to show income from last 3 year.
so how you are saying it?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if applicable) must prove that you have enough income to support all the persons you’ll be financially responsible for, including yourself, once you become a sponsor.

For all intents and purposes it is the COMBINED income that is looked at.

Reactions: danny_scars