+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hi All,

How can we provide proof of relationship with parent for PGP 2019? I do not have a birth certificate but my mother's name is there on my passport.

Can my passport be used as proof of relationship?

However, the documents checklist has the following information:
  • If you cannot provide one or more document(s) required by the checklist, you must provide a written explanation for each missing document. You must also provide any other evidence or documents you have available to satisfy the requirement.
I requested for the birth certificate from Punjab/India. They provided me a certificate mentioned that the birth record for that date not found. This certificate has my mother's name and my father's name. But the certificate itself is not birth certificate but instead a "Record no found certificate".

In this case do I need to provide an affidavit mentioning that I do not have the birth certificate available and the only document I have is my passport. Also. please recommend should I add the "Record not found" certificate as well?

Do my mother need to provide an affidavit too for the same?

Additionally she came here to Canada on Visitor Visa as well.

Hey I had a similar situation. I got my mom to get an affidavit made in India, the notary guys will have the format and make sue she mentions hers and your dads full name, their current residing address and your full name with your birth date and place of birth and get it notarized and signed. As supporting docs I added my class 10 and 12th mark sheet (notarized) as they had both the parents name back home, also my passport I got it notarized and stamped here in Canada as a supporting doc. Plus I wrote an explanation letter stating the situation and telling them the docs you are providing instead. hope this helps. Any document not in English is also to be translated and then submitted.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
· Aadhar Card – Front & Back Principal Applicant & Dependant Spouse (Proof of National Identity Document)

· Educational Certificates - Principal Applicant (For Universities Only) (Corresponding to Proof of Education in IMM 5669)

· Professional Memberships – Principal Applicant (Corresponding to Professional Affiliations in IMM 5669)

· Educational Certificates – Dependant Spouse (For Universities Only) (Corresponding to Proof of Education in IMM 5669)

· Proof of Principal Applicant’s Professional Practice in India (Corresponding to Proof of Employment for past 10 years in IMM 5669)

I don't believe they asked for these documents.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
· Aadhar Card – Front & Back Principal Applicant & Dependant Spouse (Proof of National Identity Document)

· Educational Certificates - Principal Applicant (For Universities Only) (Corresponding to Proof of Education in IMM 5669)

· Professional Memberships – Principal Applicant (Corresponding to Professional Affiliations in IMM 5669)

· Educational Certificates – Dependant Spouse (For Universities Only) (Corresponding to Proof of Education in IMM 5669)

· Proof of Principal Applicant’s Professional Practice in India (Corresponding to Proof of Employment for past 10 years in IMM 5669)

I don't believe they asked for these documents.
These documents are not required. Aadhar Card may be included but others are not required. Aadhar card is not National Identity Document but it is widely accepted as an identity document in India.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-national-identity-card-of-India

Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
based on what you guyz are saying the application will be send back? the application package still have the old form info and there is no way CIC will ask people to resubmit these forms, which needs sings from parents from another country to re do it again
based on the fact that he missed a form altogether: not an old form, but not sending one at all.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
based on the fact that he missed a form altogether: not an old form, but not sending one at all.
Oh...sorry...I saw an earlier post where someone suggesting that people who submitted the 02-19 forms, their forms will be return and they have to submit 06-19 forms. I don't think CIC have any reason to do that during an ongoing application process

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Oh...sorry...I saw an earlier post where someone suggesting that people who submitted the 02-19 forms, their forms will be return and they have to submit 06-19 forms. I don't think CIC have any reason to do that during an ongoing application process
I can see CIC returning an application with old forms submitted after the forms were updated but it really depends on the officer.

It is up to the applicant to make sure they are using the up-to-date forms but an officer might let it slide if the information is essentially the same.

No way of telling ahead of time though, each CO has their own way of dealing with these things.. the correct way of doing it though is, as of June 01, sending the updated form.

Last edited:

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Guys need a little advice. I know this question has been asked quite a bit. Financial evaluation form: Question 14 under employment history, I will put family size as 3 (me, my husband and mom whom I am sponsoring) for all the 3 years? Also, my dad passed away last month, so should it still be 3 for all the years or 4 for 2016,2017 and 2018? I have included a letter explaining his death. Also, the same family size would be shown under my husband's history as he is co-signing the application? I will really appreciate any advice. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys need a little advice. I know this question has been asked quite a bit. Financial evaluation form: Question 14 under employment history, I will put family size as 3 (me, my husband and mom whom I am sponsoring) for all the 3 years? Also, my dad passed away last month, so should it still be 3 for all the years or 4 for 2016,2017 and 2018? I have included a letter explaining his death. Also, the same family size would be shown under my husband's history as he is co-signing the application? I will really appreciate any advice. Thanks
It would be 4 for 2016-17 if you were already married in 2016. If they ask for your income in 2019 it will be family size of 3.

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
based on what you guyz are saying the application will be send back? the application package still have the old form info and there is no way CIC will ask people to resubmit these forms, which needs sings from parents from another country to re do it again
I got everything ready, got singed and about to sent off the app. What on earth they update the forms in JUNE????

Gahhh!!!!

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Hi all. I have a question about Form IMM 0008. I just received the filled out form from my parents and on the left-hand side, bottom corner it reads (02-2019). I just went online to check the form and it now reads (06-2019). Do they need to redo the form?
It is so frustrating that they update the forms.. i have everything ready and dont know what to do

lynne197910

Star Member
May 3, 2019
I got everything ready, got singed and about to sent off the app. What on earth they update the forms in JUNE????

Gahhh!!!!
Same here,I forgot co signer signature on the forms,and apps has been delivered. Now I am going to send another complete application with updated forms.

#EEC

May 19, 2019
When I sponsored my wife years ago, we didn't write in native language. However my parents (when applying for Visas) did so. Hence we decided to fill in native language.
What was result for your wife's application when u didn't wrote in native language

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Hi guys,

For those who used canada post priority instead of express, could i ask how much you guys paid for the postage?