+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi, to those who have a parent who worked as seafarer/seaman before, how did you complete the personal history specifically part 10 asking for addresses in the last 10 years in the background declaration form?
My 2 cents: home address will be one if not changed home, however travels need to be included in personal history, but for activity type you need to ask ircc on Twitter or Facebook whether it would be employed/unemployed/other? Because he was not employed in the country he was staying for work, also you need to write letter of explanation so there is no misunderstanding left.

Reactions: april605

julie_may

Feb 16, 2019
Sending my application soon, just wondering who’s name I’ll put in the envelope, my mom or my name? Anyone? Pls refly thanks

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi Guys,

Could you please tell me how do you answer Q14 on IMM 5768 (Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship)?
Do you mention each year of employment separately or write down a period of employment with 1 employer as one entry? I am confused as to how would i mention the Gross Income/Benefits for the period in the either case.

Any response is much appreciated
A guide for preparing Parents Sponsorship/ Immigration Application
Every thing you need is here

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I am sponsoring my mom (principal applicant). Checklist states that IMM 0008DEP must be completed and signed by principal applicant. But the fields on the form asks for relationship with principal applicant. So I am confused now. She does not have any dependent. Should she fill the form?
Yes. Fill the form. If there is spouse and dependent children than fill it other wise remove those fields

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
I am in the similar situation.
My Dad is seriously sick and is bedridden. I got the invitation and was excited to bring my Mother if something happens to my Dad in future.
Can IRCC consider my application only for my Mother as a principal applicant?
I do qualify for bot
I am in a similar situation. I talked to a few immigration agents (and not lawyers) and have got conflicting views. Most said both have to pass medical exam, if any one fails, both are refused the PR. But two of the agents told that only the primary applicant may be approved while dependent has been rejected. I am taking the chance and applying with my mother as primary applicant and dad as dependent. Let's hope for the best!

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I am in a similar situation. I talked to a few immigration agents (and not lawyers) and have got conflicting views. Most said both have to pass medical exam, if any one fails, both are refused the PR. But two of the agents told that only the primary applicant may be approved while dependent has been rejected. I am taking the chance and applying with my mother as primary applicant and dad as dependent. Let's hope for the best!
Any one of the parent can be principal applicant there is no restrictions . The main question is God forbid if principal applicant dies would dependent be allowed to proceed or application cease reverse scnerio what would happen if god forbid dependent dies . May god bless and give long life to all.

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Regarding form 008 ( Generic)
There is a question regarding a National Identity Document - which my folks do have ( South African )
BUT there is no expiry date of that document .
OF course we are unable to validate without an expiry date !

?Solution ? - put an expiry date x years ahead and attach a letter explaining this ?
Other options for this type of issue ?
Expiry date is not mandatory for National identity document.

It is mandatory for passport.

I left it blank and validated the form without any issue.

Reactions: vic20