+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
According to CIC website:

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, including:

You have to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.
so are you paying the fees upfront?

I was under the impression that they will request biometrics and then you will pay the fees. but can you go ahead and do the biometrics even before they ask you to?

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
guys... need help filling the Additional Family Information form.

My father is the Principal Applicant so his name would come first in Section A. However, whose name should be next to the Applicant when I fill it the form for my mother?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have seen many cases on this forum from 2018 that were processed in 6 months for PGP
Election is mid October and someone posted that they have inside info that they are only processing the apps after the deadline. Even if they started processing now it would be 6 months so perhaps a few will be completed but unlikely for most.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in a similar situation. I talked to a few immigration agents (and not lawyers) and have got conflicting views. Most said both have to pass medical exam, if any one fails, both are refused the PR. But two of the agents told that only the primary applicant may be approved while dependent has been rejected. I am taking the chance and applying with my mother as primary applicant and dad as dependent. Let's hope for the best!
Unfortunately those 2 consultants have no idea what they are talking about. Both parents have to pass the medical or both will be refused. If not, one spouse could sponsor the other spouse and their is no medical inadmissibility clause on spousal sponsorship.

sarab321

Apr 30, 2014
Hi, as per Indian passport my parents full name comes in Given Name and there is no Surname(Last Name) but as per Canadian Last Name is mandatory, what should i do

sarab321

Apr 30, 2014
Hi, i have another quest. This is regarding ques 13 of imm0008, current residence, Is this ques for primary applicant or dependent. Currently my mother is in Canada but my father is back home in India, so what should i fill

karthikramda

Jan 27, 2019
Unfortunately it seems that anyone that sent in application and did not have eCAS updated as Application Received are either have the application pending return due to missing key documents, applications are misplaced at intake process or application is not meeting the requirements for processing. According to call center agent, as long as they scan the invitation letter and the bar codes, it should appear in eCAS shortly provided you have given the UCI in the forms. You may consider asking IRCC on facebook or twitter for this situation, perhaps you can prepare to send in another application before the deadline but make sure you know what is missing first because if sending another one and still got returned there is no other chance. In addition, duplications application will both be removed or will cause delay. Post on facebook or twitter of IRCC has proved to be the fastest way to receive a response from them.
Correction here: So I talked to a friend who sent in application on 28 April and he still has not received the eCAS status as "Application Received", he was able to reached the customer service agent last week and was advised that there is nothing to worry about as they are still queuing people for initial processing and status shown as Received in eCAS does not mean that it has been checked for completeness yet. There is nothing to worry about if your eCAS still not showing anything as the agent was able to tell my friend they received the application and that it is simply not been read yet as they received too many at the same time. Rest assure that they timestamp all incoming packages and will process in that order. Sorry for causing false alarm. Happy Victoria day!

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
My mom doesn’t have a UCI. How can I check ecas? How do I link application to my account ?
Thanks guys!

vic20

May 17, 2019
Expiry date is not a mandatory field n form willvalidate without it!
Frustratingly the form still does not validate for me :(

Similarly form 5669 ( Background declaration ) will not validate as I am unable to put precise date of death of my parents mom and dad ( they just do NOT recall the dates just month and year )

The only I can do is leave the form unvalidated and add a letter of explanation..... yes ?

Last edited:

huzcan

May 6, 2013
Frustratingly the form still does not validate for me :(

Similarly form 5669 ( Background declaration ) will not validate as I am unable to put precise date of death of my parents mom and dad ( they just do NOT recall the dates just month and year )

The only I can do is leave the form unvalidated and add a letter of explanation..... yes ?
Put in the date as they can recall to the best of their memory.

Reactions: vic20

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I am sponsoring my mom (principal applicant). Checklist states that IMM 0008DEP must be completed and signed by principal applicant. But the fields on the form asks for relationship with principal applicant. So I am confused now. She does not have any dependent. Should she fill the form?
IMM0008DEP is to be filled only if the principal applicant has more than 5 dependants. So you don't need that form.
What she needs to complete and sign is IMM0008 Generic Application.

Last edited: