+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

hjstannum

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi everyone. For IMM 5669, Question 6, both my parents have been with their employers for more than 10 years. Of course they have traveled as well during this time. However if I go by the guide, it would mean just one entry for that question which would be around their employment, since they have never been unemployed or gone to school during the 10 year period.

Is that the correct approach?

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi everyone. For IMM 5669, Question 6, both my parents have been with their employers for more than 10 years. Of course they have traveled as well during this time. However if I go by the guide, it would mean just one entry for that question which would be around their employment, since they have never been unemployed or gone to school during the 10 year period.

Is that the correct approach?
that's what i did. mom worked for the government for 20+ yrs and for the past 3 she's been retired in canada. so i listed her employer and my canadian address :)

hjstannum

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
that's what i did. mom worked for the government for 20+ yrs and for the past 3 she's been retired in canada. so i listed her employer and my canadian address :)
Assuming you had two entries then? One for her employment and one for her retirement here in Canada?

My parents are still working so technically it would be just one entry for me. Just need to validate this approach.

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Two quick questions:

Do principal applicant has to do hand written signature and date at five forms ie
Sponsor main application IMM 1344
Generic application to Canada IMM008
Background from 5669
Family declaration form 5406
Use of representative for me 5476

If yes, with black or blue pen ?

Thank You

AVR2019

May 13, 2019
I'm sponsoring my mother and father and I don't have a co-signer.

Please double-check signature spots...

All signatures are in black ink

Sponsor (me):
IMM 1344-Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking: 1 sign on page 6
IMM 5768-Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship: 1 sign on page 1 (Yes to question 8)
IMM 5476-Use of a Representative: 1 sign on page 2 (my parents have assigned me their representative)

Principle Applicant (my father)
IMM 1344-Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking: 1 sign on page 6
IMM 0008-Generic Application form for Canada: handwritten name on page 7
IMM 0008-Generic Application form for Canada: 1 sign within the box on page 7 (beside electronically printed name in the box)
IMM 5669-Schedule A Background/Declaration: 1 sign within the box on page 4 (beside electronically printed name in the box)
IMM 5406-Additional Family Information: 1 sign on page 1
IMM 5476-Use of a Representative: 1 sign on page 2 (my parents have assigned me their representative)

Dependent Applicant (my mother)
IMM 5669-Schedule A Background/Declaration: 1 sign within the box on page 4 (beside electronically printed name in the box)

All explanation letters are also signed.

Thanks in advance!!

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
I'm sponsoring my mother and father and I don't have a co-signer.

Please double-check signature spots...

All signatures are in black ink

Sponsor (me):
IMM 5768-Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship: 1 sign on page 1 (Yes to question 8)

Principle Applicant (my father)
IMM 0008-Generic Application form for Canada: handwritten name on page 7
IMM 0008-Generic Application form for Canada: 1 sign within the box on page 7 (beside electronically printed name in the box)

Dependent Applicant (my mother)

All explanation letters are also signed.

Thanks in advance!!
Thank You so much for your help !

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Experts please help :)

I moved to new address after my submission of interest to sponsor. Do I need to attach any letter for explanation.
If yes, please advise me offical format.

Thank You

garry27

Nov 30, 2012
Quick Question i have no last name on my passport and my given name is Gaurav Kumar, but on my SIN and documents i use Kumar as last name and Gaurav as first name. on APP to Sponsor form i left given name blank as per instructions and used Gaurav Kumar last name.
What should i use for imm5768

vic20

May 17, 2019
Hi again .
Just wanting an opinion / thoughts - I know at the end of the its a judgement call on my part.
I am sponsoring both my parents .
Fathers health is questionable with cardiac /diabetic problems ,Mother is reasonably well
Based on that would it make more sense to make my mother the principal applicant ??? Does it even matter ???

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Hi again .
Just wanting an opinion / thoughts - I know at the end of the its a judgement call on my part.
I am sponsoring both my parents .
Fathers health is questionable with cardiac /diabetic problems ,Mother is reasonably well
Based on that would it make more sense to make my mother the principal applicant ??? Does it even matter ???
Sorry your father has health issues. Regarding the tactic, I recommend you follow the principle of simplicity. Whichever makes the application simpler is the path you pursue. Because your mother has less risks for potential delays, it might be a good idea to make her the primary applicant. In the end, the amount of information is the same, since you have to file a Schedule A and Family info for each parent/ dependent.

Reactions: vic20