+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
How do you know? Is there a request from IRCC that says 'don't staple'.
They scan documents. The agent has to take the staples off...very annoying for them. Years ago I had sponsored my spouse, and spoke to my Case Officer directly (not a CIC agent that one talks to on the general number) who very kindly requested me not to staple the additional supporting document requested. She mentioned that they have to scan the documents, take the staples off and often the documents get stuck...blah blah...you get the gist

Use a paper clip instead OR feel free not to take this advice. Its your application at the end of the day...:)

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi folks, I am not sure what to answer for question 8 in IMM 5669.
Have you ever held any government positions?
Both my parents (now retired) worked in Government jobs in India, Mother a teacher in Public (Government) school and father as Inspector in Government owned Co-operative department. Both these jobs do not fall under the roles mentioned in the form (civil servant, judge, police officer, employee in a security org). It feels this question is targeted more towards positions related to defense and national security and I would be inviting unnecessary documentation if I answer YES
Even if I did answer YES for this question, not sure what to enter for Level of Jurisdiction . Thoughts?

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi guys - please help with a question on "Background imm5669" form, question 6 personal history

over the past ten years, my parents have visited Canada a few times and other countries, do I need to list all of them on form 5669, or should i provide a list in supplementary explanations.

Thanks.

wonderZ

Mar 14, 2012
Hi all, we received invitation for our parents on April 24th. I have few questions if any one here could help, please.

- I am currently on maternity leave. Will the Employment Insurance payment and the top up I receive from the employer while on maternity leave be included in my income?

- on maternity leave will I write myself as employed or unemployed?

- form 5768 (financial information) question 14, while listing income for past three consecutive years should we write family size for that year or write current family size for all previous years?

- my birth certificate does not have my name, so until now I have been providing my secondary school certificate and my passport (both listing my parents names) as proof of relationship. For parent's PR application do you think both these will work fine? Or should I try getting corrected birth certificate.

- my parents are currently in Canada on super visa, do they need to give biometric information.

Many thanks :)
Can anyone please help me on this. Seniors?

wonderZ

Mar 14, 2012
Hi folks, I am not sure what to answer for question 8 in IMM 5669.
Have you ever held any government positions?
Both my parents (now retired) worked in Government jobs in India, Mother a teacher in Public (Government) school and father as Inspector in Government owned Co-operative department. Both these jobs do not fall under the roles mentioned in the form (civil servant, judge, police officer, employee in a security org). It feels this question is targeted more towards positions related to defense and national security and I would be inviting unnecessary documentation if I answer YES
Even if I did answer YES for this question, not sure what to enter for Level of Jurisdiction . Thoughts?
My father is retired public school teacher in state gov school. So i filled the level of jurisdiction as regional.
I did this when applying for their supervisa and planning to do so now in their PR application as well.
If your parents were in central school you might write ‘central or federal’ level.
Just my thoughts.

Reactions: nis4

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
In general in Canada people should not be addressing people on a forum, internet, email as brother, dude, bro, sister, etc. There is a bias thinking that all members answering are male which gets annoying so I comment maybe once every 25 times.
The forum website is .com not .ca

Anyway you seriously want to enforce "in Canada" on the internet? Really?

Some of these people may not even be posting from within Canada.

The internet is global. I think bro is fine really.

I mean I have heard some Canadians talking and calling their good friend "you bastard" in a fun and affectionate way.

Same with "you're such a bitch".

Point is I think bro is a polite term if said by anyone. Whereas bastard and bitch are not. Doesnt matter if it is a Canadian or non Canadian saying it.

Lol. There's no such thing as "In general in Canada people should not be addressing people on a forum, internet, email as brother, dude, bro, sister, etc."

Absolute rubbish.

Reactions: RockerMe

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
They scan documents. The agent has to take the staples off...very annoying for them. Years ago I had sponsored my spouse, and spoke to my Case Officer directly (not a CIC agent that one talks to on the general number) who very kindly requested me not to staple the additional supporting document requested. She mentioned that they have to scan the documents, take the staples off and often the documents get stuck...blah blah...you get the gist

Use a paper clip instead OR feel free not to take this advice. Its your application at the end of the day...:)
From what you told me, It is a matter of convenience for CIC. :) My concern is the way it is talked on this forum as if it has some implications on the way application is being asked to submit.

I understand it is my application but this is not my first application with CIC. I have always stapled my forms if it has multiple pages and it was never an issue.

Again, my questioning was just for the clarification that it is OK to staple, if applicant feels like it and there is no strict rule from CIC in this regard.:)

Thanks.

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Just including letter that i am putting for my application. thought it might be useful to someone.

Date: 2019-05-07

Subject: Letter of Explain

To Whom it may concern:

I would like to attach this letter of explanation to include some information regarding my application.

1. Change of status in Canada:
At the time of Interest to Sponsor form on 2019-01-28 my status in Canada was ‘Permanent Resident.’
I submitted IMM 5688 (confirmation of Permanent Residence) as proof of status with interest to sponsor form.
I became a Canadian citizen on 2019-02-01, and my status was changed from ‘Permanent Resident’ to ‘Canadian Citizen.’
I am attaching my citizenship certificate as proof of status change document.

2. Correction of information on interest to Sponsor Form:
I received invitation to apply on 2019-04-28, and I found that my middle name was misspelled on the letter I received.
The Invitation letter has my name as ‘xxx xxu xxx’.
My correct name is ‘xxx xxi xxx’.
I am attaching status document (IMM 5688) which I submitted with interest to sponsor form. I am also attaching a Canadian passport, citizenship certificate and Driver’s License as a proof of the correct name.

3. Family Size Calculation:
FULL NAME (My Widow Mother)
FULL NAME (Myself)
FULL NAME (My Spouse)

My spouse is co-signing my application and she is also sponsoring her parents.
FULL NAME (spouse’s Father)
FULL NAME (spouse’s Mother)

So, total Family Size I have put in for my application: 5

I declare that all information provided on this letter is true, correct and complete.

Thanks
JAY

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Ok. Thanks. Adding @Ramona2019 to this conversation too.
Here is what I think:
- We have to use our own judgment here. Validation, as mentioned in the checklist form, is important. So if we are not sure then add an approximate date. In my case, I will use 1920-01-01 as grand mother's DOB in 5669 form. VALIDATE THE FORM. Print it, sign it. Then in letter of explanation refer to this field of DOB and mention that you weren't able to find any DOB proof of grandmother and you had to submit a validated form as mentioned in doc checklist.

Final on my plan this time.
Hi.
Did you write the explanation letter?. Can you share the draft please. Thanks alot.

ifguzel

May 9, 2019
When you sent the application form, you included the pictures of your parents right? And I'm guessing at that stage, they had to be sent from your parents' home country right? I was wondering if there's a way to avoid postal service and do all the file transfers electronically. Can anyone please advise?

Last edited:

RockerMe

Jan 12, 2019
MY APPLICATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED WITHIN THIS WEEK.. HOPEFULLY!? IS THE CPC-OTTAWA OFFICE OPEN DURING WEEKENDS TO RECEIVE OUR DOCUMENTS?

Reactions: nayr69sg

RockerMe

Jan 12, 2019
As I review the 2018 PGP Forum, I'm dead curious WHY CIC REQUIRES RESUME TO SOME APPLICATIONS? From sponsor or principal applicant? On what purpose?

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Staples are annoying AF - use paperclips or foldback binder clips. You don't wanna piss off the person reviewing your application :p

How do you know? Is there a request from IRCC that says 'don't staple'.
You clearly never worked in an office, lol

Last edited:
Reactions: kwgcda