+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ghuman_rupi

Jun 7, 2021
I got the Biometric letter for my mother-in-law, but I also got one more email about income eligibility, it says a final decision will be made by the visa officer. not sure what to do .....

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
It is going to be exactly 24 months on June 17 since I sent my application to sponsor my parents. No steps have been done , the status shows the background check in progress , sponsor eligibility has not started yet.
Got MP to send letters to expedite the process-not at all useful CPC-M said they can't expedite the process .
They blaming me for the delay stating since My father passed away they had to do so much paperwork, I gave them the papers in March 2020 a month after my Father passed away and they finally processed that in Dec of 2020.
They didn't say it officially but do you guys have any idea if they are considering Dec 2020 to start the time for the 24 months process, if that is the case that is bizarre, my mother is having new medical issues with each passing day and she need the family support more than anything else.

what can I do?
I'm sorry to see you going through all this and feel bad for your loss during the process. There are many Applicants from CPC-M that are still on the first step including me (25 months crossed May 17th, both SA and PA still in progress). Unfortunately, we cannot do anything to expedite the process. Even MPs cannot do anything other than getting us an update every 3 months from IRCC.

I tried to be on top of my updates to IRCC, just so they don't have to come back to me asking for anything, adding delays, such as:

1. Re-newed passport for my parents last year.
2. Voluntarily submitted PCC from India (got it done along with Passport renewal)
3. Provided updated IMM 5768 E : Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship, due to change in family size.
4. Putting in new applications to extend their stay for another year.

But no success, getting our application moving.

In a time like this, I would recommend you apply for Visitor Visa or Super Visa to bring your mother here.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I got the Biometric letter for my mother-in-law, but I also got one more email about income eligibility, it says a final decision will be made by the visa officer. not sure what to do .....
Congratulation! yes you need to provide them updated: IMM 5768 E : Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship. They want to check if you still meet the Income eligibility to sponsor your parents.

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Congratulation! yes you need to provide them updated: IMM 5768 E : Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship. They want to check if you still meet the Income eligibility to sponsor your parents.
Is he still waiting on sponsor approval !

ghuman_rupi

Jun 7, 2021
what does the income eligibility letters says ! Can you please tell
Your income for the assessment period is less than the minimum necessary income (MNI) required
for sponsorship purposes. See the attached table for further details. i have only $ 400 difference in first year

Your ineligibility to sponsor will be a significant factor in the assessment of the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative(s). A final decision regarding that application shall be made by a visa officer and will
be communicated to you and your relative. Instructions regarding the Right to Appeal will be issued as
applicable by the visa office. Please note that the Right to Appeal may only be exercised after the visa officer
has rendered a final decision.

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Your income for the assessment period is less than the minimum necessary income (MNI) required
for sponsorship purposes. See the attached table for further details. i have only $ 400 difference in first year

Your ineligibility to sponsor will be a significant factor in the assessment of the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative(s). A final decision regarding that application shall be made by a visa officer and will
be communicated to you and your relative. Instructions regarding the Right to Appeal will be issued as
applicable by the visa office. Please note that the Right to Appeal may only be exercised after the visa officer
[/QUOT
Am sending u message in private chat

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014

I'm sorry, I understood the question wrongly. I thought they requested you to provide a new IMM 5768 E: Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship. Maybe an expert can advise you in this situation, as even a difference of $1 can cause a rejection.

Reactions: YVR123 and Roya-FSW

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015

remember they ONLY check income right before your application date and CONTINUE to check if needed. So in your case maybe your income 3 yrs right before ur app has been determined lower than needed ($400) also you tick continue to proceed if not meet, so they sent ur app oversea.

g_gurna

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
I just checked my PGP application status, it changed to "In Process". Says started application processing on May 19, 2021.
Application Submitted - June 18, 2019
AOR - April 1, 2020

Any idea how long will it take for next step or what would be the next step now?
Thanks

Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Please help me update the tracker:

Pre arrival services letter: April 19
2nd medical request: April 20
Medical Passed: June 3

8:30am got a call from the Immigration Officer and confirmed that both of my parents are here in Canada. I was told to expect a call within a week or two for their virtual landing. My parents are here with me since February of 2021 on their TRV.
Tracker updated. Do you know your in process date? You may find that in the ecas.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I just checked my PGP application status, it changed to "In Process". Says started application processing on May 19, 2021.
AOR - April 1, 2020

Any idea how long will it take for next step or what would be the next step now?
Thanks
Next step is DM for sponsorship. Keep checking ecas.
Tracker is updated.

Reactions: g_gurna

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
AOR - April 1, 2020

Thanks
Is your Medical completed or still waiting for it?