+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Budi07

May 21, 2015
Congrats everyone on your progress. Hope all reunite with family soon.
have any got any recent updates on medical review from London LVO. Please share thanks

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
Hello everyone,
I wonder what steps should we take if my parents come to Canada with travel visas to wait for immigration process finish while they are in Canada? They are done with medical and BIO, got pre-arrival service letter. Address change via webform? what else? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Leonora7

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
I had applied for my parents as well as my mother in law (me and my wife co-signing each others applications) under the PGP program in June 2019. They both had their biometrics as well as medical done by Feb 2020. And there have not been any updates ever since. Our parents are dying to meet us . its been more than 5 years that they visited Canada.

We are planning to apply for visitor visa but processing time is 6 months or for super visa for which it is 9 months. Any suggestions as to which program we should be applying under? Is there any chance for negative impact on the PGP application by making the new application (especially if applying tourist visa)?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi, in mycic account, "Background Check" says, "Not Applicable", whereas additional docs, PCC have been sent and medical also passed. Any idea what that might mean and how long would it take from here onwards to COPR/PPR. Visa office is London.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I had applied for my parents as well as my mother in law (me and my wife co-signing each others applications) under the PGP program in June 2019. They both had their biometrics as well as medical done by Feb 2020. And there have not been any updates ever since. Our parents are dying to meet us . its been more than 5 years that they visited Canada.

We are planning to apply for visitor visa but processing time is 6 months or for super visa for which it is 9 months. Any suggestions as to which program we should be applying under? Is there any chance for negative impact on the PGP application by making the new application (especially if applying tourist visa)?
I would say apply for Supervisa, although it may take extra 3 months, once they are here they can live with you guys for 2 years, the regular visa only gives you the option for 6 months, and then you need renewals.

There is no negative impact of these applications on your PGP applications.

In a personal view, the Super visa does have a high probability of getting approved, than a regular visitor visa.

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
Hi All, After almost 2 years since last update I saw an update on my sponsor and my parents PR application that they are now "In Process". Anybody know what the next step is going to be?

jelefame

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Please help me update the tracker:

Pre arrival services letter: April 19
2nd medical request: April 20
Medical Passed: June 3

8:30am got a call from the Immigration Officer and confirmed that both of my parents are here in Canada. I was told to expect a call within a week or two for their virtual landing. My parents are here with me since February of 2021 on their TRV.

Reactions: laxsun

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Please help me update the tracker:

Pre arrival services letter: April 19
2nd medical request: April 20
Medical Passed: June 3

8:30am got a call from the Immigration Officer and confirmed that both of my parents are here in Canada. I was told to expect a call within a week or two for their virtual landing. My parents are here with me since February of 2021 on their TRV.
Application receive date !

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
I would say apply for Supervisa, although it may take extra 3 months, once they are here they can live with you guys for 2 years, the regular visa only gives you the option for 6 months, and then you need renewals.

There is no negative impact of these applications on your PGP applications.

In a personal view, the Super visa does have a high probability of getting approved, than a regular visitor visa.
Thank you Paul for your suggestion!

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
It is going to be exactly 24 months on June 17 since I sent my application to sponsor my parents. No steps have been done , the status shows the background check in progress , sponsor eligibility has not started yet.
Got MP to send letters to expedite the process-not at all useful CPC-M said they can't expedite the process .
They blaming me for the delay stating since My father passed away they had to do so much paperwork, I gave them the papers in March 2020 a month after my Father passed away and they finally processed that in Dec of 2020.
They didn't say it officially but do you guys have any idea if they are considering Dec 2020 to start the time for the 24 months process, if that is the case that is bizarre, my mother is having new medical issues with each passing day and she need the family support more than anything else.

what can I do?