+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

yashbabrah

May 26, 2019
Hi Everyone! My parents passports are with the New Delhi visa office. Once they get their passports back, can they travel to Canada immediately?
Update: Their application status shows approved on their cic account.

Please advise if they can travel immediately after receiving their passports OR would there be any issues with the new COVID restrictions in Ontario, Canada? Thanks for your help in advance.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
My file is in London office and i got an acknowledgement from them in Oct 2020...

No request for pcc or medical as of yet. However, I applied for the pcc and just received them few days back. Should I just submit them to the London office now? Is there a chance it negatively affects the application ? I am thinking to submit it now so they will already have it available when they need it and it may speed up things ....

Please advice? Thoughts?
you can submit via webform- no negative impact.

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello After submitting all documents they asked in the email, after how many days I will get request for medicals? (Biometric is still due as in India, they cannot do it).

Kabbdi

Aug 3, 2020
Same here. No movement at all. So frustrating.
We're in same boat . Submitted in June 2019 . Got a letter few months after to get it signed . After that no response so far .
One of my buddy submitted his parents file in March 2019 . He was lucky , Got his parents PR documents in March 2020.
Should us contact them ?

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
hi, quick question. I have received COPR on Jan 8 and my online - service tool has changed to PA DM as well. but my login to cic account, the last sentence still showing "your application is in progress....we are reviewing your background check...." basically no update. may I know if this is normal? thanks.

Reactions: laxsun

yashbabrah

May 26, 2019
Hi Everyone! My parents passports are with the New Delhi visa office. Once they get their passports back, can they travel to Canada immediately?

Please advise if they can travel immediately after receiving their passports OR would there be any issues with the new COVID restrictions in Ontario, Canada? Thanks for your help in advance.
Can someone help me with this? Please!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016

Your parents can travel immediately once they have PR visa but if other dependents are accompanying them check with the airlines.
Your next step is to search the flights coming to Canada with possible dates. Also try to understand pre-travel COVID checks as well as
local quarantine requirements.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
ck question. I have received COPR on Jan 8 and my online - service tool has changed to PA DM as well. but my login to cic account, the last sentence still showing "your application is in progress....we are reviewing your background check.
Don't worry about the message in myCIC. It may take time to change.

Reactions: prominjj

yashbabrah

May 26, 2019
Your parents can travel immediately once they have PR visa but if other dependents are accompanying them check with the airlines.
Your next step is to search the flights coming to Canada with possible dates. Also try to understand pre-travel COVID checks as well as
local quarantine requirements.
Thank you!!!

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
I received a letter from CIC as I am representing my parents' application, and on the letter it mentioned that the following documentations are required for your sponsored family members:

- Passport/ Travel Document
- Biometrics
- Police Certificate
- Country Specific Requirement
- Your Travels (IMM 5546)
- Details in Military Services - IMM 5546
- CV/ Resume

For Country Specific Requirement they are asking to go on the link : https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
and refer the spouses for the documents as it is applicable to parents' application as well
and under that they are asking for their birth certificate (please see below) :

-
"Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include a copy of the original baptism certificate and copies of other original documents establishing identity such as:
  • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
  • Voter's ID card."

Now my parents they don't have their birth certificate, that is why I am confused what other documents I can provide to fulfil this requirement ?
I can understand the confusion, but this requirement is just to satisfy the identity requirement, so any alternate document like Adaar/Voter ID or matric certificate or even the passport will work, I submitted my parents PP and it was accepted.

ABLB

Jan 18, 2021
Need help to know my parents don't have a marriage certificate so which other document can be provided as a proof of their marriage. They have spouse names on both their passports.

Kidstar1

Jan 30, 2018
I am waiting for ECOPR, filled PR portal with address and photo on Jan 6th and since then waiting for address to be verified and ecopr. (IRCC Etobicoke).

Anyone else in this group in the same boat ?? Don't know what is taking agents so long to just verify address and issue ecopr.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone today I got email regarding update on my cic account. I opened it and it says profile updated. It says now additional documents not applicable.
Recently I sent them PCC for second time after one year. My question is it should say they are reviewing my additional documents. Instead it's says additional documents- not applicable. Also background check is in progress. What will be the next steps?
Thanks
They might have reviewed the documents and are satisfied with it. I had the same request for PCC for second time. When i called IRCC, they said the officer acknowledged receipt of the documents a few days after i sent it but they haven't reviewed it yet.

A question for you- did you redo the PCC or resubmitted the same documents? Mine are slightly over a year old so I am worried they will ask me to redo them.

Reactions: GameChanger