+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

YANA KO

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
You do not need a formal letter for MP, Just send a basic email with your concern or visit their office. Most of the time, the MP may not be at the office but their assistant will do whatever needs to be done. Depending on your inquiry they may ask you to provide information pertinent to your inquiry. https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en enter your postal code and it will list your MP, make sure to contact your current MP. their email is usually firstname.lastname@parl.gc.ca.. Hope this helps
Thank so much for your advice. I sent letter to my MP and atlist respond in 30 min. Please see msg below:
''
Thank you for your email. Rae Bowie is our Immigration Caseworker and she will follow up with you on Monday morning when she is back in the office.

I have Copied Rae on this email and she will be in touch to provide you with information and assistance.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sarah Campbell

Constituency Office Manager

Office of Tony Van Bynen, MP

Newmarket-Aurora''

It's working. I defensively recommend to everyone in the same situation do it.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
LOL, for my area immigration minister is the MP.

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Looks that CPC-M expedites the applicants who're currently in Canada, probably due to safety concern? They know people now try not to fly so even if they issue DM2 or COPR it'll be pointless.
I agree. Still hope to see one day DM2 though...

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Looks that CPC-M expedites the applicants who're currently in Canada, probably due to safety concern? They know people now try not to fly so even if they issue DM2 or COPR it'll be pointless.
Hi, we have been in Canada since September 10th and CIC-M have been informed. We received our DM2 on March 4th 2020 but we are still waiting for our COPR, so it’s not necessarily true that they are just expediting people that are already in Canada, unfortunately for us!!

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi, we have been in Canada since September 10th and CIC-M have been informed. We received our DM2 on March 4th 2020 but we are still waiting for our COPR, so it’s not necessarily true that they are just expediting people that are already in Canada, unfortunately for us!!
Are your medical results still valid?

cheekoo

Apr 11, 2013
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @serious_cheese

Finally got the COPR today. LVO = London.
It was emailed to me and also uploaded in the IRCC account. Didn't get any phone call.
Parents are in Canada, medical was marked done on May 28 in IRCC account, got pre-arrival letter on Sept 16, now it shows on IRCC that the background check was completed on Sept 25 which is around when it showed DM on PA ECAS.

Wish a smooth and quick process to everyone waiting.
row 23 in the spreadsheet

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @serious_cheese

Finally got the COPR today. LVO = London.
It was emailed to me and also uploaded in the IRCC account. Didn't get any phone call.
Parents are in Canada, medical was marked done on May 28 in IRCC account, got pre-arrival letter on Sept 16, now it shows on IRCC that the background check was completed on Sept 25 which is around when it showed DM on PA ECAS.

Wish a smooth and quick process to everyone waiting.
row 23 in the spreadsheet
congratulations!

Reactions: cheekoo

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents are here since March and their address was changed too but not a single movement in our application just contacted my MP hope to see somebody will touch the application for inquiry and some progress... I

Bazinga

Aug 20, 2013
Hi all,

Received an update on me sponsoring my Grandmother for PR. A few months after receiving her medical tests they've asked for 2 items:
  1. Police Certificate: Please provide a copy of your original police certificate from Pakistan and any other country where you have resided for a period of six months or longer since the age of 18.
    Question: We applied while she was residing in Canada and she's still in Canada (over 15 months and counting). I was under the impression that applying from Canada would not require a Police Certificate. But does this portion mean she needs 2 police certificates - one from PK and one from Canada?
  2. CV/Resume:
    Question: She's in her mid 80s and has been a housewife her whole life. Is it understandable that that's all the resume will say?
Thanks for reading.