AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi all,

Received an update on me sponsoring my Grandmother for PR. A few months after receiving her medical tests they've asked for 2 items:
  1. Police Certificate: Please provide a copy of your original police certificate from Pakistan and any other country where you have resided for a period of six months or longer since the age of 18.
    Question: We applied while she was residing in Canada and she's still in Canada (over 15 months and counting). I was under the impression that applying from Canada would not require a Police Certificate. But does this portion mean she needs 2 police certificates - one from PK and one from Canada?
  2. CV/Resume:
    Question: She's in her mid 80s and has been a housewife her whole life. Is it understandable that that's all the resume will say?
Thanks for reading.
Even my mother has been a housewife, but I wrote her education history. No profession, but whatever interests she pursued- could be cooking, any crafts, voluntary work- and how it helped the family or the community.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi all,

Received an update on me sponsoring my Grandmother for PR. A few months after receiving her medical tests they've asked for 2 items:
  1. Police Certificate: Please provide a copy of your original police certificate from Pakistan and any other country where you have resided for a period of six months or longer since the age of 18.
    Question: We applied while she was residing in Canada and she's still in Canada (over 15 months and counting). I was under the impression that applying from Canada would not require a Police Certificate. But does this portion mean she needs 2 police certificates - one from PK and one from Canada?
  2. CV/Resume:
    Question: She's in her mid 80s and has been a housewife her whole life. Is it understandable that that's all the resume will say?
Thanks for reading.
I am also sponsoring my grandparents. I just wrote her education and hobbies and wrote that she was a stay at home wife. For PCC, you do not require it for Canada but any other country she may have lived in or visited for a period of 6 months continuously.

Galoli_jatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
9-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 21-5-2015
Med's Request
3-6-2015
Med's Done....
6-6-2015 TLU 16-6-2015
Passport Req..
17-8-2015 DM 27-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-2015
LANDED..........
Finally got Biometric request today! :)
Application In-Process date November 8, 2019.

Reactions: serious_cheese

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
When I logged into my cic today I saw the status changed to application/profile updated. When I went inside the application nothing was changed .all statuses are still the same. Anyone experienced this? What does it mean?

My both sides are in process from Dec 9th.

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Hi All
I got an email from CPC-M asking to provide documents (Adhar Card, Vote ID, Matriculation certificate) proving a relationship with my mother. I don't have a birth certificate.

I have my mother's name on the following documents - Old India passports, current OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), joint bank accounts.

The asked documents (Adhar Card, Vote ID, Matriculation certificate) have my late father's name only.

I just want to check if anybody faced a similar situation, submitted these documents and the outcome.

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
When I logged into my cic today I saw the status changed to application/profile updated. When I went inside the application nothing was changed .all statuses are still the same. Anyone experienced this? What does it mean?

My both sides are in process from Dec 9th.
You got a “ghost update” you should receive something soon.

Madz R.

Oct 17, 2020
Hello all,
I’m new in this forum. I have a question about income sources required to apply for parent/grandparent sponsorship 2020. Aside from work income, can we include the chid benefits my wife receives for the additional source of income in order to qualify in a year? May wife is unemployed.
Thanks,

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Hi All
I got an email from CPC-M asking to provide documents (Adhar Card, Vote ID, Matriculation certificate) proving a relationship with my mother. I don't have a birth certificate.

I have my mother's name on the following documents - Old India passports, current OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), joint bank accounts.

The asked documents (Adhar Card, Vote ID, Matriculation certificate) have my late father's name only.

I just want to check if anybody faced a similar situation, submitted these documents and the outcome.
i got the same request in AUG .

If you don't have birth certificate , attach old passport which bears her name - explanation letter
and do attach aadhar card and school certificates and voter id as well.

Also - if you can go to BLS office or the Bloor office and check if they can provide certificate stating your mother's name as per the records in India
as CIC wont accept any affadavit.

Reactions: sandybrampton

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Has anybody in the forum asked to produce DNA test to prove mother child relationship? I have not seen any post in the forum but just want to check