+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi Guys, I have one question. I submitted an interest to sponsor form for 2020. I made one mistake. For the document number, Instead of writing the number at written at the front of the card, I wrote the number written on the back of the card. Now there is no way to change any info. Should I resubmit the form? on the CIC website, it says "Make sure you submit the number of the same document you submit with your application if you’re invited to apply. If the document number doesn’t match, we’ll return your application. "
Just send a detailed letter explaining the mistake with the application. When we submitted the form, we spelled my mother in law’s name wrong. It wasn’t her legal name but she’s been using it for years. My husband didn’t even know it wasn’t her legal name. They accepted our letter of explanation.

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
Hey guys, if anyone can help me on this.,,
I do not have any documentation for last name, my Indian passport has my first and middle name put under given name field, last name field is left blank. Now I am trying to fill EOI for PGP 2020 with following information;
FAMILY NAME: my first name my middle name
GIVEN NAME: leaving it BLANK
checking box that says I do not have a given name.
IS THIS GOOD? ( during my recently filled citizenship application and during my PR application in 2014, I put "NA" under last name field and put my first and middle name under GIVEN NAME field)

ANOTHER CONFUSION is that on all my NOA's I have following info;
FIRST NAME: my first name
LAST NAME: my middle name.

Can it cause problems during actual application when i submit NOA's,, what are my options to correct or mitigate any potential problems ?
Friends your advice will be highly appreciated as some of you might have gone through the same issue...... THANKS

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hey guys, if anyone can help me on this.,,
I do not have any documentation for last name, my Indian passport has my first and middle name put under given name field, last name field is left blank. Now I am trying to fill EOI for PGP 2020 with following information;
FAMILY NAME: my first name my middle name
GIVEN NAME: leaving it BLANK
checking box that says I do not have a given name.
IS THIS GOOD? ( during my recently filled citizenship application and during my PR application in 2014, I put "NA" under last name field and put my first and middle name under GIVEN NAME field)

ANOTHER CONFUSION is that on all my NOA's I have following info;
FIRST NAME: my first name
LAST NAME: my middle name.

Can it cause problems during actual application when i submit NOA's,, what are my options to correct or mitigate any potential problems ?
Friends your advice will be highly appreciated as some of you might have gone through the same issue...... THANKS
I have the same issue, so do my parents.
I used given name in last names and left given name blank and checked the box (I do not have given name).
Later, when i submitted the application, I sent a letter of explanation.
And my NOAs also have it same as you, Given name and Middle Name as last name.
It did not create any problem for me.
IRCC is quite aware of this issue with Indian names.

Reactions: karamjeeet

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
I have the same issue, so do my parents.
I used given name in last names and left given name blank and checked the box (I do not have given name).
Later, when i submitted the application, I sent a letter of explanation.
And my NOAs also have it same as you, Given name and Middle Name as last name.
It did not create any problem for me.
IRCC is quite aware of this issue with Indian names.
THANKS A TON... I feel relieved now,,, appreciate your help

Reactions: calgary17

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I want to send an email to my MP to follow up on our case.
1. Could you please share a sample letter
2. Still waiting for DM1, sponsor approval. my guess is our file stuck in social services . Should I share my guess with MP or just wait for IRCC reply ?

amop

Feb 28, 2014
IMHO, Visitor Visa validity (which could be a maximum of 10 years or up to the validity of passport) and Visitor stay extension/visitor record (which could be a maximum of 6 months) are two separate things.

The link you mentioned is for Visitor stay extension, but I didn't find anything for the Visitor Visa extension. I am still wondering if I have to apply for a new visitor visa application.

Hopefully one of our experts may chime in on this one
I applied for visitors record - twice already for my mother who is here on visitors visa
If your parents are here on visitors visa - 6 months ( which is permitted by immigration) - after that you need to apply for extension of visitor record asking them to grant stay for your parents in Canada - even if they hold valid visa
visitors record has nothing to do with visa
its extending stay beyond 6 months in Canada.
If i make sense!

The below mentioned link - is for extension of your stay

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/apply.html

Reactions: Leonora7

jason111

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
Look into the spreadsheet, usually takes few days to few weeks. And if no additional docs required after medical pass date usually takes 1-3 months to DM 2....
Okay. No wonder. In December 2019, CIC also required some additional supporting documents from us. Thank you.

Reactions: Rhill