+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ELH

May 26, 2014
Good morning everyone - my parents received request to send updated Schedule A along with their Bio pages from their passports - my question is Do we need to include travelling dates (including short vacations like 2 or 3 months ) in the Personal History section ? the 1st Schedule A we submitted with the application we did not include any travel - however, now am re-thinking as it says in the description "If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing for example (unemployed, studying, travelling, retired,...) - I understand there is a different form specifically for travel history that as of now they didn't ask for but just want to hear what others have done.

Thank you,

valpis

Jan 28, 2019
Yes directly to Warsaw from yerevan. Shop around for courier rates as my mil paid 250 cad for sending and prepaid return via FedEx. Maybe DHL or others are cheaper.
Thank you for confirmation. In my case that's Minsk - both Yerevan and Minsk are "interesting" places now, so glad for you as well for making it with PGP. And I probably understood the whole thing finally - with tourist visa already in passport to allow arrival all we need is COPR basically, but no need for visa to go through VFS.

Lil1111

Feb 20, 2017
Hi friends! I've mostly been a lurker on these forums. But needed to give you some good news.

My mom's PR came through this morning. Her application was received in Ottawa on Jun 3, 2019. Medical and Biometrics and PCC happened in December 2 and 4th. Then after a long silence CPC-M came through with the COPR today. Her country of citizenship is India and she had a US Green Card as well. She's been in Canada since August 2019.

The PR card office is in Saskatchewan - same province of residence.

Reading your stories and the tracker really helped to calm down my stress levels.

Thanks to y'all and hope all of you will be re-united with your parents and grandparents as well.

Hi simrain,
My mom is still in her home country. She just finished medical and working on Police Certificate.
She has Canadian tourist visa and I want her to come here before she gets the final decision.
I am not sure about the process though. I believe once they make a decision and if it is a positive one they will send request for passport. But she will be already in Canada and will not be able to send the passport from VAC office in the home country. How was the process for your parent?

thanks,

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Good morning everyone - my parents received request to send updated Schedule A along with their Bio pages from their passports - my question is Do we need to include travelling dates (including short vacations like 2 or 3 months ) in the Personal History section ? the 1st Schedule A we submitted with the application we did not include any travel - however, now am re-thinking as it says in the description "If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing for example (unemployed, studying, travelling, retired,...) - I understand there is a different form specifically for travel history that as of now they didn't ask for but just want to hear what others have done.

Thank you,
Hi not sure if someone already responded with your inquiry. My mom was asked to do the same. And yes i have added her short trip outside her home country and added travelling with the description. hope this info helps.

Reactions: ELH

Lil1111

Feb 20, 2017
Hello Experts
I applied for my parents pgp 2019 in May 22. File is in NDVO. They r waiting for biometrics in India since March.But vfs are closed until October now.
I m planning to invite them in canada.
My question is if they come to canada can there file be transferred from Delhi to canada ?
Also for quarantine I have room attached with washroom in my home . Can they in that one room or we need to arrange any other place .
Thank you

Hi Parminder Gill,
Did you get the answer to your question about " if they come to canada can there file be transferred from Delhi to canada ?"
I am in similar situation. Want to bring my mom over before she gets final decision. But not sure the impact on the immigration process.

Thanks,

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Parminder Gill,
Did you get the answer to your question about " if they come to canada can there file be transferred from Delhi to canada ?"
I am in similar situation. Want to bring my mom over before she gets final decision. But not sure the impact on the immigration process.

Thanks,
File will not transfer to CPC-M ones assign to different local VO.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@YULIA-2016 Please update Line120 mzm26. Final decision reached Sept 30. Passport request Sept 24. PR Received Sept 30. Thanks!
Congratulations. Did you receive COPR on Sep 30. What is that final decision reached of Sept 30. Is it after sending passport?

When is your medical passed date. Also AOR and PCC request dates are also missing in your line.

ELH

May 26, 2014
Hi not sure if someone already responded with your inquiry. My mom was asked to do the same. And yes i have added her short trip outside her home country and added travelling with the description. hope this info helps.
Thank you so much for your help .. that's what I thought too. I have added all travel info.. I think more info better than missing info

Reactions: iliveinbanff

valpis

Jan 28, 2019
Hi simrain,
My mom is still in her home country. She just finished medical and working on Police Certificate.
She has Canadian tourist visa and I want her to come here before she gets the final decision.
I am not sure about the process though. I believe once they make a decision and if it is a positive one they will send request for passport. But she will be already in Canada and will not be able to send the passport from VAC office in the home country. How was the process for your parent?

thanks,
Read my messages above - seems it's the same case: you basically need to send a PHOTOCOPY of passport with letter to receive a COPR which they can send using whatever prepaid waybill you provide.

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Please comment:
CPC-Mississauga sent a letter requesting old school certificates of sponsor: fifth class, middle standard and matriculation/ secondary school certificate.

I only have high school leaving certificate and I already tried to procure other certificates through my old school. They said they never produced such certificates. I dont even have old mark sheets.
What else then I can submit?
Just does not make sense to ask for old school records , when you must have provided many official government records with your parents name on it.
The sponsorship process has so many flaws.You are lucky Cic did not asked our grandparents school records.

Reactions: MineshPatel

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
Just does not make sense to ask for old school records , when you must have provided many official government records with your parents name on it.
The sponsorship process has so many flaws.You are lucky Cic did not asked our grandparents school records.
Minesh is lucky that he is able to sponsor his parents.

We do not have the complete picture of Minesh's case to pass a judgement or ridicule CIC.

CIC has a right to ask for whatever information they think they need. Assuming we are all from India, we know how Indian system is - more so if one moves away from metropolitan cities.

Reactions: MineshPatel