+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey sorry if u mind I was just joking. Initially i have tagged u and posted laughing emoji as well as I was joking but for some reason it got deleted.

I am hoping for the best I understand what the website says about copr after march 18 and that's why little worried but cbsa at the airport said same thing 4 different times that that's all for visitors we are welcoming new immigrants with thier dependants every day on terminal 3 no issue at all plus the tickets are booked so it's best to take a chance now. Hopefully they don't create an issue. If they do then will rebook his tickets
Would really suggest your parents enter no matter what. Your brother can come later.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
After reading the comments, I think the best bet on getting a faster COPR ( with VO CPC-M) is to call parents to Canada after DM2. It gets more urgent if the parents medicals/PCC is set to expire in the near future.
Plenty of parents are asked to redo their medicals so don't think that having a medical near expiry leads to COPR. Likely just a coincidence. That said if the parents want to visit Canada before getting COPR that is an option.

Reactions: Feb2004

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@ZOYAMAN13 Congratz IRCC has relaxed the travel restrictions allowing the entry of siblings, grandchildren, and grandparents of Canadian citizens/PRs as of October 08.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/government-introduces-new-border-measures-to-protect-canadian-public-health-provides-update-on-travel-restrictions.html
They do still have to apply
Yes it should be fine as the flight lands in Canada on the 8th :)
@ZOYAMAN13 I read new release very differently. It looks like family members must apply and get authorization before travel and further information will be released on October 8th. Would be cautious because of the huge increase in cases in Ontario and Quebec there could be pushback to delay these orders when provinces are not coping with the current population.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
they are also expanding the group to allow for grandparents to travel so that makes me happy!
Looks like people are still required to get authorization to visit Canada. We need to wait for more details next week. Given the cases are spiking in 2 provinces and other provinces, like in Atlantic Canada, are being able to lift more resteictions I expect there to be some concerns and even possibly some delays when it comes to these programs especially if numbers keep increasing. Given Montreal is in shutdown I am sure people and especially business owners will question why we are increasing international travellers when we have just had to shut down for a month. Hopefully there will be more covid testing required in the country of origin to be able to enter the airport and hopefully the very fast testing will also happen before boarding the plane. I believe Air Canada has orderd the Abbott lab testing machines. I also hope that one of the requirement is to show that a person has medical insurance that covers covid to enter Canada as visitor. Canadian governennts are taking on a huge volume of debt. If we are increasing the anount of people who can visit Canada during the pandemic we should at least require that visitors ca take care of their medical expenses if they do get covid. We are spending billions but every million saved treating covid or other illnesses could pay 10+ nurses.

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Damascus, Beirut, Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ: 30-06-2010
AOR Received.
Federal: 20-07-2010
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2014 (second request, didn't receive the first in may 2013)
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
They do still have to apply

@ZOYAMAN13 I read new release very differently. It looks like family members must apply and get authorization before travel and further information will be released on October 8th. Would be cautious because of the huge increase in cases in Ontario and Quebec there could be pushback to delay these orders when provinces are not coping with the current population.

But it's too late to get any authorization. They traveling in 4 days

pestoo

Jul 21, 2014
My mother in law received her passport request from Warsaw embassy on September 25. Just waiting for passport return now. Why is vfs involved in all this?
they are the middle man between you and the embassy, at least in China. They ask you to mail everything to the VAC, they will check the documents, and then send them to the embassy. they charge the document processing fee...

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
Update from London Visa Office on my dad's file;
Decision made and pre-arrival service letter on Oct 03/20

EtaG

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
hey guys, can anyone please let me know what alternative documents can I submit instead of birth certificate to sponsor my parents. I do not have one and it is next to impossible to get one. Is there any one who has done this and sponsored their parents successfully to Canada. Your comments will be really appreciated as I'm quite tensed thinking about this.

Thank you in advance.