+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
But it's too late to get any authorization. They traveling in 4 days
Wishing All the best for your parents and bro. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. They should carry all the printouts especially the details of dependant. The documents should be arrange in:
1. Yours PR card copy ( or Citizenship copy)
2. Yours Birth certificate copy showing your relationship to parents
3. COPR copy Primary Applicant with highlighter marking on dependants accompany ( your Mom & Bro)
4. Printout showing details of dependant.
I am sure everything will be alright.
All the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Wishing All the best for your parents and bro. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. They should carry all the printouts especially the details of dependant. The documents should be arrange in:
1. Yours PR card copy ( or Citizenship copy)
2. Yours Birth certificate copy showing your relationship to parents
3. COPR copy Primary Applicant with highlighter marking on dependants accompany ( your Mom & Bro)
4. Printout showing details of dependant.
I am sure everything will be alright.
All the best.

Yes that's the plan. Thanks so much for all your help and concerns. Your detailed responses help alot. @geol

I will keep you guys updated on what happens on Thursday.

Reactions: geol

valpis

Jan 28, 2019
My mother in law received her passport request from Warsaw embassy on September 25. Just waiting for passport return now. Why is vfs involved in all this?
Did you send the passport directly to Warsaw?
I doubt that VFS needs to be involved here since there's basically nothing to check except photos and they mention sending directly themselves as an option,

AVR2019

May 13, 2019
Hello!

I hope everyone is staying well.

Have CIC starting asking for pasport for stamping or have issued PR approval letters? My parents file status is "Decision Made" since March 2020. They are citizens of India and reside (GreenCard holders) in he US.

Thank you!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
hey guys, can anyone please let me know what alternative documents can I submit instead of birth certificate to sponsor my parents. I do not have one and it is next to impossible to get one. Is there any one who has done this and sponsored their parents successfully to Canada. Your comments will be really appreciated as I'm quite tensed thinking about this.

Thank you in advance.
Depends upon which country you were born.

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
hey guys, can anyone please let me know what alternative documents can I submit instead of birth certificate to sponsor my parents. I do not have one and it is next to impossible to get one. Is there any one who has done this and sponsored their parents successfully to Canada. Your comments will be really appreciated as I'm quite tensed thinking about this.

Thank you in advance.
I have heard that a DNA test can be accepted.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My information is not in the tracker. The Application received date is June 3, 2019 and the AoR date was in September 2019.
If you have no problem keeping your information in the tracker, I can do it. It will help other forum members.

Last edited:

Intoronto2019

Oct 4, 2020
Hi Everyone! Its been cloae 16 months since my parents apolication began. They are currently in Canada a s visitors. How do i inorm cic to have theem considered as inland apllicants?

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
@ZOYAMAN13 Congratz IRCC has relaxed the travel restrictions allowing the entry of siblings, grandchildren, and grandparents of Canadian citizens/PRs as of October 08.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/government-introduces-new-border-measures-to-protect-canadian-public-health-provides-update-on-travel-restrictions.html
will my brother-in-law, nephew be able to visit me along with my sister?

Also, there has not been any update since Aor on Dec 3 for my parent's pr. How does the current timeline look?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone! Its been cloae 16 months since my parents apolication began. They are currently in Canada a s visitors. How do i inorm cic to have theem considered as inland apllicants?
There are no inland applications..Did you not update their current address when they came to visit 16 months ago?

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Did you send the passport directly to Warsaw?
I doubt that VFS needs to be involved here since there's basically nothing to check except photos and they mention sending directly themselves as an option,
Yes directly to Warsaw from yerevan. Shop around for courier rates as my mil paid 250 cad for sending and prepaid return via FedEx. Maybe DHL or others are cheaper.

Reactions: valpis

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Please comment:
CPC-Mississauga sent a letter requesting old school certificates of sponsor: fifth class, middle standard and matriculation/ secondary school certificate.

I only have high school leaving certificate and I already tried to procure other certificates through my old school. They said they never produced such certificates. I dont even have old mark sheets.
What else then I can submit?