+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi folks,
We received our DM2 on March 4th 2020 and are still waiting for our PPR to be requested, our LVO is CIC-M. Our daughter & Son-in-Law are our sponsors. Last Thursday we flew to Canada and are now in quarantine for 14 days. We had no problem getting through customs & security in Toronto. We can stay here for 6 months initially and hope we receive our COPR during that time, if not we will apply for an extension to stay for another 6 months. There is light at the end of the tunnel, it’s just not very bright at the moment. Good luck everyone, hope your dreams come true very soon.
Any body asked for return ticket or the time you are staying in Canada. We are also in the same boat, traveling in couple of days to Canada.

Anujbatta10

Dec 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2018
Any body asked for return ticket or the time you are staying in Canada. We are also in the same boat, traveling in couple of days to Canada.
Nobody asked my dad for the return ticket. He came on visitor visa on 5th September from Delhi on Air India Vande Bharat flight.

Ermine

Jul 9, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I am just wondering that am i the only one in this situation.
I applied for my Dad and the application received at Ottawa on 21st June2019.
After that nothing.ECAS shows application received thats it nothing else.

Its so frustrating.

Thanks.
Same here. June 21 applicant. I wasn't even able to check ECAS until last week. Some lucky ones already have their parents in Canada but others still waiting. Frustrating, but it's COVID times..

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Nobody asked my dad for the return ticket. He came on visitor visa on 5th September from Delhi on Air India Vande Bharat flight.
Can you please tell what relationship proof docs did you show? And do they need income proof of the relative in Canada?

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here. June 21 applicant. I wasn't even able to check ECAS until last week. Some lucky ones already have their parents in Canada but others still waiting. Frustrating, but it's COVID times..
who would've ever imagined, two months could make this much difference, April already landed, June not even started....

smjafri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2008
Permanent residence applicants
You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.

Biometrics:

• If you’re a permanent residence applicant in Canada waiting to give your biometrics, you’ll receive a call from Service Canada over the next few months to book a biometrics appointment.
  • If you’re in a region where more people are waiting to give their biometrics, such as the Greater Toronto Area, it may take longer for Service Canada to call you. We know that this is a challenging and frustrating time and we are grateful for your patience. Service Canada will contact you as soon as they can

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html
Thank you @robertp

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi @robertp

Could you update the tracker, today I have received a Biometric request for my parents.Line 487

My parents have already provided the Biometric in 2018 and they are valid till 2028. Do they need to submit it again? Thank you
Yes they do need to redo it and submit again. What is your local visa office?

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
No, no one asked about a return ticket. We explained our situation to them, they told us we could stay for 6 months. If we dont get our PR before then we will have to apply for an extension to stay for another 6 months. They asked for the reference number for the ArriveCAN which we filled in before flying.

Anil0502

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014(PER mail)
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon

paradoxunlimited

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Can i apply for visit visa or super visa for my Dad who's PR application still in process, but no such update since Jan 2020. He passed bio and medical. Now i want him here in Canada asap, but seems like this PR application is taking forever and also the medical will be expierd. Any idea about applying visit/supervisa? Very much worried :(

paradoxunlimited

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Can i apply for visit visa or super visa for my Dad who's PR application still in process, but no such update since Jan 2020. He passed bio and medical. Now i want him here in Canada asap, but seems like this PR application is taking forever and also the medical will be expierd. Any idea about applying visit/supervisa? Very much worried :(

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Yes! you can apply for TRV for your father. I would recommend to apply for SuperVisa, not just place visitor Visa. More chances to get approval on SuperVisa.